The 2007 UKFF 50

Big Benny HG

I was very impressed with Sam Slam at the last FWA show in Morcambe, he made himself a star in that one night. His 450 is incredible. Good to see him getting recognition in the top 50 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him much higher up the list next year.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with Sam Slam at the last FWA show in Morcambe, he made himself a star in that one night. His 450 is incredible. Good to see him getting recognition in the top 50 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him much higher up the list next year.

That's XWA! ;) And Morecambe, with another e, while we're at it!Excellent job you're doing at the moment, Mr Hat Guy, extremely readable and interesting stuff.

That's XWA! ;) And Morecambe, with another e, while we're at it!Excellent job you're doing at the moment, Mr Hat Guy, extremely readable and interesting stuff.
I apologise, still not used to calling it XWA but I'm sure I'll get there in time.

• Paid Members

Sam Slam has also wrestled a lot for RDW where he is over like Hogan. Although his 450 is an incredible sight to behold I would prefer it if he wrestled more to his size and power to be honest. He does have the advantage of having had training from Ricky Knight and the rest of the Knight clan so I am sure that his future will be guided very well.

• Paid Members

Ask, and ye shall receive:

No. 33 - Conscience

2006 Ranking: 35

2005 Ranking: 43

Moving Up

conscience.jpg

Photo - www.triplexwrestling.co.uk

A consistent year for The Pryor sees him retain a consistent ranking in the UKFF 50.

In his home SWA, Conscience moved on from his bitter feud with Majik, but found himself in somewhat of a downward spiral, losing consistently to the A-List, specifically Cage Tyler and Johnny Darko. In storyline terms, this losing streak meant that Conscience was on the verge of being dumped from the roster of SWA. September 2006, however, saw a re-motivated Conscience win the annual "Battlezone" to earn a new contract, and then set his sights firmly on "Vigilante" Johnny Moss....and the NWA British Heavyweight Championship.

The two hard-hitters fought to a no-contest in a crazy brawl at "November 2 Remember", and then followed it up with a double-knockout in the equally chaotic and brutal rematch at January 2007's "New Year's Retribution". By pinning Moss in the specially-stipulated tag team main event of February's "Chaos on the Clyde", Conscience earned himself a final shot at Moss' UK Heavyweight title at "Clan Wars" in March - traditionally one of SWA's biggest events of the year (and their unique version of Survivor Series). In what was an emotional pro wrestling moment Conscience finally defeated Johnny Moss to become the first Scottish NWA British Heavyweight Champion.

Succesfully defending the belt against Johnny Darko (and avenging his losses from the previous year) and Raging Bull, Conscience found himself the subject of attention of a mysterious masked man who came to be known as "John Doe". Doe was clearly interested in Con's championship. In a superb piece of booking, it proved to be the ultimate shocker when the mask was removed to reveal.......DOUG WILLIAMS. Conscience vs. Williams is now scheduled to be one of the huge main events for "The Gathering", the Scottish wrestling supershow being held in Glasgow in September.

Conscience's exploits haven't been limited to Scotland, though with him not being booked by 3CW in the past 12 months his appearances south of the border have been more limited than in previous years. Triple-X Wrestling in Coventry has been his Engish home and has seen the continuation of his 3CW feud against the Damned Nation, with him being at odds with Gabriel Grey, Majik and Dragon Aisu for the entire past 12 months.

As one third of the match to crown the first ever TXW Smash Champion at "~" in September, Con was attacked by Gabriel Grey's hickery stick, allowing Majik to beat Devilman for the victory. Con smashed the crap out of Grey at the next show in October ("Hallowe'en Jimmy Havoc") before going on to beat Grey's ally Dragon Aisu immediately after......by giving him a flaming superkick. Easy victories over Omer Ibrahim and R.I.P. on the next 2 shows eventually led to him facing Majik and Grey in a handicap match at "One More Tam" in June. A brilliantly surreal, almost satirical match saw him beat Grey with a Burning Hammer. Don't ask....

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

No. 32 - "Vigilante" Johnny Moss

2006 Ranking: 25

2005 Ranking: Not Listed

Moving Back Down

john-moss-belt.m.jpg

Photo - www.hammerlockwrestling.com

Gaining a one-place lead on his former SWA rival is NWA-UK Hammerlock product Johnny Moss.

After a no-contest at "November 2 Remember" and a double-knockout in the table-breaking main event of "New Year's Retribution", Moss' year-long NWA British Heavyweight Championship reign ended at the hands of Conscience at "Clan Wars" in March 2007 (see full details in profile for Conscience at #33). Since then, his SWA career has seen him go after Falcon's NWA Scottish Championship, while he has also become a huge part of the roster down in Teesside's 3 Count Wrestling.

Arriving in 3CW at November 2006's "Night of the Damned" in Billingham, the Workington, Cumbria "Vigilante" made short work of "Pop Sensation" Jayson Mayson, defeating "the man who puts the "sing" in Singapore" in impressive fashion. From there, he beat Vincent White in a dull match in Northallerton in March, but fell to "Anarchist" Doug Williams in an excellent technical wrestling match at the utterly superb 3CW 3rd anniversary show in Billingham in March.

Moss was then programmed with RQW British Heavyweight Champion Martin Stone in an intense, bruising hard-man rivalry. After falling to Stone in a fabulous clean-cut wrestling match in May at 3CW "Fighters' Destiny" in Northallerton, Moss turned heel by attacking Stone after the match. The understandably-more heated rematch took place just 1 week later in Billingham at "No Remorse", but ended in a no-contest when the match got out of control and both men attacked the referee in the midst of their brewing hatred for each other. A scheduled tag match challenge between Stone and Moss (Stone teaming with Dan Evans, Moss teaming with Martin Kirby) was changed to a Moss vs. Stone vs. Evans 3-way for the "Midsummer Showdown" in July due to travel problems, and the result was an enjoyable match, if somewhat disappointing for the potential of what it could have been.

The Moss vs. Stone feud is set to come to an end at 3CW's biggest show of the year, "Darkest Deeds IV", in September in Billingham. Quite fittingly for these 2, it has been stipulated as a Last Man Standing match....

• Paid Members

No. 31 - Iceman

2006 Ranking: 27

2005 Ranking: 38

Moving Back Down

icemanmed.jpg

Photo - www.wzwuk.com

"The European Hardcore Icon" earns his 3rd consecutive UKFF 50 place after a year in which he has seen competition across the nation.

In what you could consider his home promotion, WZW, the County Durham babyface has unsuccessfully challenged for the WZW Heavyweight Title in hardcore and No-DQ matches, and feuded with Empire leader Sir Jonathan Britain. In one of WZW's most high-profile bouts ever, Iceman ended up on the losing end of the promotion's first ever Steel Cage match, losing to "Thee" Drew Galloway due to the interference of the 7ft evil clown, Massacre (formerly Tron). Iceman now seems to be heading towards a feud with Massacre that will no doubt be as crazy as it sounds.

Over in 1PW, Iceman continued to be one of the initial few Brits to make a neame for himself in a promotion originally based around the lure of imports. Locked in the midst of a 3-way feud with Martin Stone and Ulf Herman, Ice took part in an insane triple-threat hardcore match at the "1st Anniversary Show" in October 2006, before the reinvention of 1PW saw him thrust into the main event scene. At the con (not #33..... ;) ) that turned out to be the "Will Not Die" 1PW farewell show in January 2007, Iceman was a part of the 3-way match to determine the new 1PW World Heavyweight Champion, losing that night to big Ulf. 1PW's next shows wasn't until April, where Iceman held onto his top spot....but lost to Herman again, this time in an "I Quit" match for the belt. His next opportunity for a title show would come in June on eht efirst leg of the "Know Your Enemy" weekend, though he did not win the 4-way bout with Doug Williams, Takeshi Rikioh and Too Cold Scorpio. Though he will undoubtedly be a strong part of the 1PW roster, it remains to be seen where his character can go now after so many high-profile losses.

Down south, Iceman saw work for both IPW:UK and RQW in the latter months of 2006, battling his 1PW enemy Martin Stone in both promotions. First, it was Swanley (boo) for IPW:UK in a short-but-sweet wild, hall-wide brawl, and then in the first round of the British Heavyweight Title tournament on RQW's free admission Christmas York Hall show. Iceman would continue to be a presence on IPW:UK shows for the next few months, as he was one of the first to side with the FWA during the interpromotional feud. During the FWA vs. IPW:UK 6-man tag team elimination match at "Brawl at the Hall" in November 2006, Iceman made a lasting impression (quite literally) when he was DQed early for smashing Luke "Dragon" Phoenix's head in with a chair. They then got into a huge brawl with IPW's Leeeeeeeeeeeeee Rooooooooooooooyy KINCAIDE which set up a match on the following Orpington show, January 2007's "No Escape". Despite representing IPW:UK in the feud, Leeeeeeeeeeee Roooooooooooyy KINCAIDE was the reigning All-England Champion, a belt considered to be an FWA title. Their match at "No Escape" was therefore FWA's chance to regain control of their title. Iceman did the FWA proud, and won the championship after an intense, hard-fought match. he wouldn't hold onto the title for long, however, as his open challenge at "Final Frontiers" in march was answered by Sam Slam, who won the soon-to-be-renamed National All-England Title in an wild, exciting bout.

Despite all of this, what should have been seen as Iceman's crowning glory of the last 12 months should be the "Gorefest" Deathmatch tournament. Held in Colchester in December 2006 under the joint banner of Dann Read's XS-W and Germany's WXW, this was the first tournament of its kind to be held on this scale in the UK, and being the "European Hardcore Icon", it was built around our boy Iceman. Presented as the home hero throughout, Ice beat his fellow WZW wrestlers Tony Spitfire and Anthony MacIntyre in a really good opening 3-way round (4 Corners of Hell match), quickly eased past the anti-hardcore "New Superstar" Stevie Douglas in an enjoyable semi-final (barbed wire boards and baseball bat match), before apparently beating IWA Mid South promoter and former ECW star Ian Rotten in a Barbed Wire Match final to become the European King of the Deathmatch. I say apparently, since more than half of the original audience for the show (including myself) missed the ending of the show due to travel commitments. The shine was definitely taken off the win by the problems marring the event that day and the huuuuuuge over-run, but the fact still remains that Iceman looked like a star that day, and it was his matches throughout the tournament that were easily the best. Instead of taking the "easy" way out and slicing-and-dicing for shock value like some of the other competitors, Iceman was able to tell his story through the hardcore matches, thus sticking to the very principles of pro wrestling. It's a skill that few actually manage with this type of style, but one that Iceman is undoubedly a master of.

You missed out Iceman acting like a total cock-end at the BHW show in Thurmaston, Leicestershire in January, by taking a pop at us about 1PW while a whole bunch of bemused kids looked on, wondering why the babyface who had just beaten eXodus was manically yelling at a section of the crowd.

...Who hadn't mentioned 1PW at all until he started yelling at us. Christ knows how Iceman finished above some of the names on this list when he can't have a decent non-gimmick match with anyone but Martin Stone.

There's something about Jetta beating out Jodie Flesich in this poll that makes me so happy. Also, another year has gone by and Red Lightning is still the only guy in the 50 I've never seen wrestle. What gives?

Especially with some guys who work All-Star regularly, if you mentioned every match theyd had in the past year it'd be an essay not a summary.Maybe you should reply giving a bit of detail about a certain match you enjoyed seeing X wrestler in, if UKHG doesnt mention it. For example, i don't know how many people will've seen Iceman vs Travell - what was it like? :)

• Paid Members

You missed out Iceman acting like a total cock-end at the BHW show in Thurmaston, Leicestershire in January, by taking a pop at us about 1PW while a whole bunch of bemused kids looked on, wondering why the babyface who had just beaten eXodus was manically yelling at a section of the crowd.

You guys are just H8erz.******************************************************************The top 30 left now, which means that those of you paying attention will realise that following names from the 50 are still in there...somewhere:"Jezebel" Eden BlackBubblegum"Wildcat" Robbie Brookside"Da Pukka 1" Darren BurridgeDarksideDragon AisuFalcon"Thee" Drew Galloway"Bombay Dream" Ross Jordan"Rowdy" Ricky KnightEl LigeroLionheartMajikMad Man Manson"Human Hate Machine" Dave MoralezPacLuke "Dragon" Phoenix"Butcher" Scott RenwickAdam Shame"SOS" Seamus O'ShaunessyANDY SIMMONZ!!SpudStixxMartin Stone"Sadistic" Jack Storm"Wonderkid" Jonny StormJames Tighe"Flawless" James Wallace"Anarchist" Doug WilliamsWolfgangBut who finished where?!? All will be revealed....

Especially with some guys who work All-Star regularly, if you mentioned every match theyd had in the past year it'd be an essay not a summary.Maybe you should reply giving a bit of detail about a certain match you enjoyed seeing X wrestler in, if UKHG doesnt mention it. For example, i don't know how many people will've seen Iceman vs Travell - what was it like? :)

I just thought it was a pretty high-profile match for Iceman and really brutal if not, the most brutal I've seen him in. So i thought it should had got mentioned. I would had thought a fair few people on this forum would had seen it since the majority of the crowd that night was marks. The match itself consisted from barbed-wire, lightubes and a shit load of thumbtacks and everything eles. At points it was rather hard to watch :crazy: