Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Guest tnoddings

Everyone expected Benoit to be remebered as one of the best wrestlers in history and his achievements have already etched his name to being one of the best but never in a million years did anyone think that he'd be more remembered as being a murderer. It beggars belief as to what caused him to throw away years of dedication and hard work to this sport in the space of 48 hours.

Also, any word from Kevin Sullivan (he was married to Nancy once wasn't he??).

Yeah pages back, Sullivan said that he and Nancy just went their seperate ways and that he didn't know benoit personally but he felt sorry for the child.

I'm sorry, but depression of ANY level should not drive any person to murder. If you murder whilst depressed, you are a murderer nevertheless.

Congratulations on pointing out the obvious.

It's confirmed he did it. I feel sick. Honestly sick. Part of me wants to keep coming up with theories as to why he did it. Depression etc. I've had depression and know it can be very very hard, but never would I have considered killing anyone, let alone the ones I love. The ability to do it must've been inside him anyway.I had a lot of respect for the man, but it's slipping away. I'm not the sort to say 'Rot in hell' but I retract my earlier 'Rest in Peace'.Nancy and Daniel, RIP.

Good God you really are a fucktard.Like many illnesses their are different levels of severity. Depression is a mental illness and can drive you to do things that are really not normal for you.And who said he was depressed anyway?
As someone who actually works in acute and secure mental health services I wanna point out I have never ever come across someone who killed due to depression. You say depression can make you do things you wouldnt do usually... to yourself? yes... to others? I have never ever seen it.Mike
I didn't actually mean depression could drive someone to murder. I was merely pointing out the complete stupidity in rockbus post. I've seen depression and been around it. Suffered with it myself for a short while. Self harm is the only out of character effect I've seen/been through.
A man's family have died today in tragic circumstances, and people like you coming onto this thread to just wind up people honestly affected by it are starting to do my head in. A lot of people are honestly in shock/grieving and people like you coming on just to get people's backs up is starting to get annoying. Of the 80 odd pages in this thread, 20 of those are probably arguing, and I for one have had enough.If all you are going to do is insult people, don't bother. You wouldn't do it to their faces, but because you have the safety of a computer screen feel you can say what you like.It's time some respect was shown in this thread to those that have been affected, whether it's those involved, those close to them, or people who have followed the careers of those involved for maybe 20 years.I certainly hope others feel the same.
A man's family didn't die. A man killed his family then killed himself. BIG difference.And I'm not coming on here to wind people up. I've made 4 posts int this thread (including this one). One of them was pointing out the idiocy of your post. Just you, no one else. Get over it.I've read on a couple of sites that the texts that were sent by Benoit contained passages from the Bible and details of his will. Has this been confirmed?I imagine, considering their was no suicide note, that we will never find out why all this happened in the first place. That's got to be difficult all family members and close friends.Also, any word from Kevin Sullivan (he was married to Nancy once wasn't he??).
More accurate looking reports are going out that five texts messages (to multiple wrestlers) were sent out. Essentially they contained the following information:The back entrance is open.His physical address.The location of his dog and the fact they had been fed.

Benoit's icy-cold character and "boring" personality and interviews have ensured that no-one outside the wrestling business ever really "knew" him, or even had any idea of what he was like outside of the ring. Even in the Hard Knocks DVD, Benoit gives away very little about his personal life and feelings. The man was very private.It is for this reason that I wonder if the man was ever mentally sound. Sure, he was very smart business-wise, but I got the impression from the Raw Is Benoit show that most of the boys never really "knew" him either. Triple H's story about Benoit bullying some young guy for 'disrespecting' Shawn Michaels was very telling of this new side we see to Benoit after his death.I will always remember Chris Benoit's matches fondly. How could you not? But I'll never be able to enjoy one ever again. The mention of Chris Benoit's name will never again bring a smile to my face. And many other fans feel the same. The thought of a once-heralded and celebrated hero falling so far from grace is sickening enough. But the full details having emerged about this man has made me lose all respect I had for him, and all grief over his death.

'Crippler'murdershis wifeand sonTHEN HE KILLS HIMSELFThe Sun Newspaper Article:A HULKING Wrestle-Mania star worshipped by millions of kids world-wide has killed himself - after murdering his wife and little boy. Smackdown hero Chris Benoit 40 - nicknamed The Crippler - went on a crazed spree at his home before commiting suicide. The ex - world heavyweight champion was last night feared to have strangled his wife Nancy 43, on Saturday, smothered his son Daniel seven, on Sunday, then waited until Monday to hang himself. Police lieutenant Tommy Pope - heading the US murder probe - said grimly: "Instruments of death were located on the scene" District Attorney Scott Ballard would say only: "The details when they come out, are going to prove a little bizarre"EMERGENCYpolice went to Benoit's wanky home in Fayetteville, Georgia, after being alarted by worried World Wrestling Entertainment officials. The superstar grappler was meant to have appeared in a WWE show on Saturday night and another on Sunday - both in Texas. But he failed to turn up - sending a message that he had a family emergency. Concern grew among his pals after he began sending them a series of odd texts. Cops broke into the wrestler's house near Atlanta - Which was protected by iron gates and two alsatians - and found him hanged in his weights room. His wife - who in the past had filed court papers alleging domestic abuse - lay strangled in the living room. Little Daniel's body was in the lad's bedroom. Police are investigating whether steroids made the wrestler go berserk. The horror rocked the world of wrestling. WWE bosses scrapped Monday's scheduled Wrestling brodcasts and screened a three - hour TV tribute to Canada - born Benoit, who was also known as the Rabid Wolverine. Fellow wrestling circuit leg- ends including Stone Cold Steve Austin, Edge and announcer Jim Ross described Benoit on air as a great man and a father. Benoit was dad to two other children from a previous relationship. They are believed to have been in Canada when the horror happened, Wife Nancy was also in the wrestling business. She went by the stage name Woman - and was manager to several of the stars. Benoit got his nickname The Crippler after accidentally breaking a fellow wrestler's neck. But outside the ring he was known as a softly - spoken gentle giant. Earlier this year Benoit found himself staying at the same London hotel as Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho - whose children were huge fans. Mourinho confided in him: "I can't get them to watch football, but wrestling they watch all day." Benoit won the world heavyweight title in 2004 - and later declared: "It was the answer to all the people who doubted me and told me I wasn't good enough, big enough or talented enough."

I've been reading this story as part of my bulletins this morning. It's very weird to read it when you're a wrestling fan.Alas, it's news, and deserves to be reported, regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

• Paid Members

Benoit appears to have had some form of mild mental retardation

How have you come to that conclusion, is there any medical evidence to suggest this? Or was he just a bad person and you didn't know about it.

Benoit appears to have had some form of mild mental retardation

How have you come to that conclusion, is there any medical evidence to suggest this? Or was he just a bad person and you didn't know about it.
I think it was with reference to the fact his son had Fragile X Syndrome which is a genetic disease and the assumption was made as it was passed by genes that Chris had it himself however that does not appear to be the case. Many diseases or abnormalities can skip generations while still be carried in the genes.

We dont know the cirsumstances, we dont know anything but what is reported at the end of the day it happens all over the world every other day and we dont go on about it... Maybe he was a bad guy or he had mental issues... It happens in wrestling all the time its not a good buisness to be in... He will still be one of my favourite wrestler...RIP THE Benoits

• Paid Members

I will always remember Chris Benoit's matches fondly. How could you not? But I'll never be able to enjoy one ever again. The mention of Chris Benoit's name will never again bring a smile to my face. And many other fans feel the same. The thought of a once-heralded and celebrated hero falling so far from grace is sickening enough. But the full details having emerged about this man has made me lose all respect I had for him, and all grief over his death.

This is more or less the way I feel. Its the same as the way I've viewed Snuka ever since I read Muchnicks article on him. A loss of respect that makes you sick for a man that I once thought great. I think its harsh to blame this on wrestling, WWE or Vince McMahon. The only person to blame (if you need to) is Benoit, hundreds of other wrestlers endure the hardship of the WWE life style and none of them have taken it upon themselves to end the life of there own 7 year old child. It is inexcusable and tragic. Benoit betrayed the trust of everyone from his fans to the people he worked with but most importantly he betrayed the trust a father has with his family. Whether he was of sound mind whilst he did this or not is irrelevant, he still did it and that for me is why every time I look at the man I will feel the same sinking betrayal in my stomach I get when Snuka is on TV except this time its even more personal because he was a man I had great respect for. This is not to say that I don

Regarding the Fragile X/HGH thing, if Benoit was mentally unhinged perhaps he saw a link between the frustrations of his stalling career and the illness of his son? Having to give your child growth hormones because he was deemed to be too small must've had a resonance with Benoit's career, with his lack of size in a wrestling context restricting the main-event success he may have felt he deserved. I'm not looking for reasons to defend him, but like everyone reacting to this I'm simply wondering what it was that made him snap. Maybe he suggested to Nancy that he was going to kill Daniel to end his suffering, and when she objected to it he felt the need to kill her first.

Jesus CHRIST. What the fuck is wrong with you?!

ah fuck off. obviously they are two different circumstances but i don't need you breathing down my neck highlighting this and maknig me out ot seem the twat.
Okay from my point of view, and I think I've tried to be quite.... 'mellow' over this whole thing.When Eddie was outed as a drug addled misfit I was upset with him, really upset, the guy went away, changed his life and got back to the WWE and his family after losing them, he got himself clean (ish) and got the rewards and plaudits from everyone for doing so. Eddie died from 'previous' drug abuse, although he probably was there was nothing to indicate he was on drugs at the time (at least I didn't see any reports saying there were illegal substances in his body I may be wrong about that)Chris had no past of this kind of thing, everyone sang his praises. EVERYONE, even Kevin Sullivan had nothing bad to say about him. He went home and over the course of the weekend murdered his wife, his 7 year old son and then hanged himself.Can you not see the difference in the two there?I am disgusted by benoit's actions, above you have two of my favorites of all time and both have died, I can look at Eddie Gurrero's image and smile to myself at his memory. I can watch him being cheeky during a match and laugh or even have a tear in my eye from time to time, at the moment whenever I see Chris right now I feel anger, I can't watch a match of his and I feel as if everything in wrestling I loved has now been destroyed.That's the way I see it anyway. I tried to believe it could've been some crazy accident with Nancy and he flipped afterwards, I waited for the reports to come out so I could come to my own conclusion, I was as BIG a Chris Benoit fan as you're likely to find (without shading the borders of crazyness) but the report given proves that it was no accident, there was no fighting back, it was cold blooded, I have no warm fuzzy feelings about Benoit anymore.Some people on here have been over the top with the condemnation, but really I can understand why a lot of people are angry over this. as said before people held Chris up as a shining example of something they loved. He's just blown that all away.Bam Bam was a tragedy, Mike Awesome was a Tragedy, Eddie was a tragedy, Daniel and Nancy were tragedies.Chris Benoit is a murderer.That's all there is to it right now. And I can't see a way for that to change even if it comes out Nancy was filing for divorce. Edited by DJ Stevie C

• Paid Members

In all honesty Benoit did wrong but i am 100 percent sure he would not have been thinking i wonder what the internet fans are going to think of me. He flipped or was just this evil all along he had his reason's or maybe he had none we will never know but he was a great wrestler.