Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Johnny Nitro must feel like crap. Won his first world title because the man who was meant to go over that night had allegedly snapped and killed his family.

I'm sure Nitro looking at being given a Title in a worked business won't relate this 'luck' to what has occured to the Benoits.

• Paid Members

So in essence it is more or less another tribute show?

That's not what they said at all. The report clear said "The attempt to put together a show was difficult because the crew and creative staff were said to be both emotionally and physically wrecked after yesterday." as the reason. I'm sure they intended some sort of memorial and 10 bell solute, but the only way I can see that happening is if the wrestlers still feel it's required, even then Vince may say no.

It depends on how strongly his friends lobby for that to not happen.I agree with the poster above who said that for your very close friends or family, it doesn't matter what they've done, you'd still support them and fight for them. I hope that those who spoke so tearfully on Raw will fight for the memory of his career to last even if his life ended so tragically and, apparently, dishonourably.

Its also very sad that if fears are confirmed, he may not be put into the Hall Of Fame, which would be an almighty shame.

No way should WWE celebrate the career of Benoit if he has indeed killed his family, that would be the dumbest thing ever for them to do.

It depends on how strongly his friends lobby for that to not happen.I agree with the poster above who said that for your very close friends or family, it doesn't matter what they've done, you'd still support them and fight for them. I hope that those who spoke so tearfully on Raw will fight for the memory of his career to last even if his life ended so tragically and, apparently, dishonourably.

If my friend had killed his own family then I would never want to be associated with that person again.

Its also very sad that if fears are confirmed, he may not be put into the Hall Of Fame, which would be an almighty shame.

No way should WWE celebrate the career of Benoit if he has indeed killed his family, that would be the dumbest thing ever for them to do.
This is the company who tried to make money of the first gulf war so celebrating the passing of benoit is hardly the worst thing they have ever done

• Paid Members

If my friend had killed his own family then I would never want to be associated with that person again.
Then perhaps you're not as close to your friends as you think you are? That's not really a dig, it'd be a pretty big thing to stand by them through, but I couldn't turn my back on someone when they needed me the most because they suffered some sort of breakdown. Now when that person is also dead, it's got to be so much harder.

This is the company who tried to make money of the first gulf war so celebrating the passing of benoit is hardly the worst thing they have ever done
They weren't celebrating the passing of Benoit. They were celebrating his career. Two totally different things.

thats actually something i have been considering - toe company does have a history or making storylines out of deceased wrestlers.. Eddie Guerero, Owen hart, Brian Pilman... all very different circumstances i know - but I am not sure how far the comapny would go.

What a total tragic waste of life. Benoits legacy will obviously be tainted by these numbing events which at this point still seem impossible to phathom regardless of the circumstances.I know this is going to sound harsh but the man was a machine in the ring but to kill your family and then to kill yourself is a terrible act of sickness and in my opinion cowadice.Breaks my heart to think of what has taken place.RIP Chris, Nancy and Daniel.

thats actually something i have been considering - toe company does have a history or making storylines out of deceased wrestlers.. Eddie Guerero, Owen hart, Brian Pilman... all very different circumstances i know - but I am not sure how far the comapny would go.

What were the storylines relating to Hart and Pillman? They must have completely passed me by.

They weren't celebrating the passing of Benoit. They were celebrating his career. Two totally different things.
i know after i read it back i knew i had worded it wrong.