Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Something must have happened that put him over the edge. His wife was playing away, or wanted a divorce something along those lines and Benoit Snapped. Something must have caused him to go ape shit.

I think it's almost a given that something pushed him over the edge, but what could be so bad that he felt he had no way out other than to kill himself and take his family with him? So far I think the assumption (if he did this) has been that something caused bad blood between him and Nancy so he killed her, the kid and then himself because he couldn't live with what he's done. Perhaps the suggestion that he was depressed has more merit, perhaps he felt they'd be together on the other side, and finally at the weekend something happened that hit a raw nerve. Or maybe it was just simple vengance.

im not going to belive what people in news are claiming bout this situation and, so am gonna wait for a offical announcment bout what really happened this is a big loss, along with hennig, eddie, owen thats another of my all time favs gone, such a shame

Source: PWInsider.comWWE has pulled all Chris Benoit merchandise from their Shopzone web site. Obviously this was done in reaction to the recent news regarding the Benoit family tragedy. If you search Benoit

• Paid Members

Not really. There's a really weird and disturbing trend where people seem desperate to put her at fault so that they can get to keep their hero. The post I quoted might not have been made in that spirit, but there is an awful lot of it here. As though if it's discovered Nancy killed the kid and Benoit killed her, it becomes less of a tragedy.

Don't disagree, I personally would be guilty of that. The guy was just posting reasons why someone might snap and kill their wife. I don't think the response was justified.

In the past 24 hours the investigation has changed from the death of a family to the investigation of a murder-suicide. As the WWE has only in the past given passed wrestlers a single memorial show i would be surprised if they changed that in this circumstance. I would think that having a show of nothing but wrestling - and ignoring all storylines could interpreted in many ways.The fact that it will all be wrestling without the hype and gimmick could be seen as a tribute to the way Benoit viewed or preferred wrestling.Given recent angles in the WWE - it would perhaps be innapropriate to run with current storylines - but the company still has air time to fill.Given the shocking nature of what has happened - even the best actors and actresses would have a hard time getting in and staying in character - perhaps the company is trying to ease the burden on their roster?There could be a multitude of reasons - I would suspect it would largely be out of respect for the remaining family.

Totally shocked and in disbelief really. I heard about it on Radio 1 of all places (although I know one of the guys is a wrestling fan). A tragic and confusing end to one of the last few "great" wrestlers there are today in the ring. To be honest I hadnt watched WWE since Wrestlemania 23. Now Benoit has gone, I dont think I'll get back into it anytime soon.

• Paid Members

Notes on tonight's WWE TV show in San Antonio by Dave Meltzer Dave@wrestlingobserver.com The lack of an understandable explanation to the circumstances of the death of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit has left virtually the entire wrestling community reeling. Within WWE, the obvious questions and lack of answers are no different from fans and most of his long-time friends. Vince McMahon was the inspiring general both to the wrestlers as well as the office staff all day yesterday. He held it together and was a rock of strength for much of the talent, which because of their admiration and in many cases love for Benoit, were saddened, perplexed and having an incredibly difficult time dealing with it, Including Vince himself.Vince made the decision to run Smackdown and ECW tapings tonight without any angles or backstage storylines. The show will consist of straight wrestling matches and like last night, the original shows were scrapped. The attempt to put together a show was difficult because the crew and creative staff were said to be both emotionally and physically wrecked after yesterday. The belief is they will brief viewers on what happened early in the show, and then product two low key shows of nothing but matches.

If what is being speculated is true and benoit being the murder, you will have to brace yourself because i don't think he'll get mentioned at all by the WWE in any shape or form ever again. This just makes it all the more sadder.