The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Here's one from the soundtrack of the 2005 movie The Proposition. I don't know how to describe this song other than 'lonesome cowboy music', it's little more than a downbeat violin and piano piece but I really like it and would love to get my hands on more music like this, if anyone can hook me up with anything I'd be most grateful.

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - 'The Proposition #1'

Here's one from the soundtrack of the 2005 movie The Proposition. I don't know how to describe this song other than 'lonesome cowboy music', it's little more than a downbeat violin and piano piece but I really like it and would love to get my hands on more music like this, if anyone can hook me up with anything I'd be most grateful.Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - 'The Proposition #1'

From your description I was thinking I'd have a few things right up your alley of 'lonesome cowboy music', but from the sounds of the track it's very lyric bare, whereas the stuff I was thinking of maybe more 'lonesome old drunk music'. Stuff like your Tom Waits and your Nick Cave, if that might tickle your fancy I could sort you out.Anywho, how about some blues...Watt Wilfong - No Money Down Blues - The guy actually sounds like he's crying on this track, one of the most heartwrenching and purest songs I've ever heard.C.W. Stoneking - Handyman - This sounds like the first thing ever recorded to tape, but, alas it's not even American. Praise Australia for this one.

I've a big pile of Tom Waits albums but nothing Nick Cave's done other than the Proposition OST, I have literally no Blues stuff either so I'm downloading the two tracks you posted right now. I've been meaning to invest in some smoky, dusty old music (like Blues) but didn't really know where to start.

• Paid Members

I've a big pile of Tom Waits albums but nothing Nick Cave's done other than the Proposition OST, I have literally no Blues stuff either so I'm downloading the two tracks you posted right now. I've been meaning to invest in some smoky, dusty old music (like Blues) but didn't really know where to start.

I refer you here to my post i made a few months ago with some blues stuff in it. I also promised an essential blues comp which I am yet to make but will be sure to do in the near future.Heres a few more though to keep you going, these guys were all blind, apparantlyBlind Willie Johnson - Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The GroundI'm Throwin'Up My Hands - Rev. Blind Gary DavisBroke Down Engine Blues - Blind Willie McTellOh, and if you had to go out tomorrow and buy three blues albums, get a comp of each of the followingSkip JamesLeadbellySon HouseHope this helps Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members

Heres another fantastic blues/folk song. One of my all-time favourate songs from one of my all-time favourate singers.

Leadbelly - John Hardy

Vito, any thoughts on my previous post? I uploaded those songs for you buddy, give 'em a listen and let me know what you think.

Oh, and if all goes well, my Blues compilation will be uploaded soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I didn't like that one at all. Urrgh, what a horrible singer. That was incredibly painful, Seven I wish you warned me that at around 1:30 my ears were going to get blasted off.

I haven't posted in this for ages and I think I'll post something old...here's "Strawberry Fields Forever" by The Beatles. It's somewhere in my top 20 favorite songs ever. If you haven't heard this it's probably one of The Beatles best songs ever and the production on it is revolutionary.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8d1ped

This is an album rather rather than a single but it's basically the French Jesu so I figure people here would like it.Alcest

Is it Le Secret? I don't wanna download what I already have.EDIT: Nevermind, I just spotted the file size so I guess it isn't. Will download now. Edited by Sauron