Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

On the subject of old MTV stuff, I've been looking for ages for the intro to that old MTV show Cat Deely used to do, I believe it was called MTV Amour, and was pretty hot.......YouTube has failed me, but I'm sure there are several people on here that have it recorded somewhere or something.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a cryptic quiz at work on musicians/films and I can't waint for the answers, so can anyone help me with any of the following that I'm stuck on?

(the sort of logic is Fish Fable = 'Shark Tale' or Monarch = 'Queen')

1. Zesty Story (film)

2. Princely Snooker Player (film)

3. Moving You On (music star)

4. The Black Hole (music)

5. Youthful Lgacy [sic] (I assume this is a typo and should read 'Legacy', music)

6. A Heavy Menagerie (music, So Solid Crew?)

7. Peanut or Plain (music)

8. Histroical Weapons from the North of France (music, the Guilemots?)

• Paid Members

I have another one that is less convincing but I quite like it, so here goes:

8. Historical Weapons from the North of France:

Britney Spears? (Brittany is in North Western France, spears are old school weapons). Bit of a stretch, but Guillemots doesn't convince me. It's French, but a Guillemot isn't a weapon, and the Guillotine isn't really a weapon as such either.

• Paid Members
8. Historical Weapons from the North of France:

Britney Spears? (Brittany is in North Western France, spears are old school weapons). Bit of a stretch, but Guillemots doesn't convince me. It's French, but a Guillemot isn't a weapon, and the Guillotine isn't really a weapon as such either.

I like it! That one was bugging me as it clearly wasn't the Guillemots as they're named after a bird.

• Paid Members

I'm certain about Harry Potter, fairly confident about Britney Spears, and now have a considerably more questionable effort at that pesky number 6. My best effort so far is The Zutons (Zoo, Tonnes). Thoughts?

I'm certain about Harry Potter, fairly confident about Britney Spears, and now have a considerably more questionable effort at that pesky number 6. My best effort so far is The Zutons (Zoo, Tonnes). Thoughts?

I thought Harry Potter, but then it's not really a film in and of itself (it'd be like describing "James Bond" as a film) and I always think of him as a book character first anyway.

Britney Spears sounds right.

Zutons sounds sensible too.

I hate these games. :(

You guys rock! Thanks for your help. So, so far there's:

1. Pulp Fiction (?, kinda works, but it's a bit tenuous)

2. Harry Potter

3. Usher

4. ?

5. ?

6. Zutons (that works pretty well)

7. Eminem

8. Britney Spears

So, just 4 and 5 to get. I'd post the rest of the quiz in a run-up-to-Christmas-style if there's enough interest. There's about 30-40 questions in total. Some of them are stupidly easy.

Archived