Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Just got round to watching the 11th Anniversary show last night, What a steller event! Top to bottom was probably ROHs best event since Best In The World 2011. ROH defiantly has improved since Jim Cornette left, Going in the right direction by bringing in lots of new young up and coming talent. Taven and ACH are defiantly ones for watch out for. TV show has improved loads, NOAH talent Marufuji and Ishimori are coming to ROH at Border Wars. Using NJPW gajins like Hooligans and Karl Anderson. Seems like they are taking steps to get back to the glory days of 2005-2007

Edited by Only_The_Strong_Survive

Never seen the Hooligans but that sounds like a shit team to me. Can't imagine that being a dream match, but I guess times change.

Jay Lethal in a main event in 2013 saddens me too.

Only seen The Hooligans once on a recent NJPW show against Alex Shelly & KUSHIDA and they were pretty decent.

• Paid Members
Just got round to watching the 11th Anniversary show last night, What a steller event! Top to bottom was probably ROHs best event since Best In The World 2011. ROH defiantly has improved since Jim Cornette left, Going in the right direction by bringing in lots of new young up and coming talent. Taven and ACH are defiantly ones for watch out for. TV show has improved loads, NOAH talent Marufuji and Ishimori are coming to ROH at Border Wars. Using NJPW gajins like Hooligans and Karl Anderson. Seems like they are taking steps to get back to the glory days of 2005-2007

Have the Headbangers won the tag titles yet?

• Paid Members

It depresses me that Jay Briscoe is getting a title shot at Steen on their sold out Hammerstein Ballroom show in a couple of weeks.

I'm looking forward to cheering Michael Elgin in the number one contenders match vs Jay Lethal though.

Cliff Compton's there now as part of the main heel stable. But other than him and Steve Corino the rest of the stable are a bunch of bummers.

Whoa there nelly. You can slag off Rhett Titus, Matt Hardy, et al but I will not allow you to slag off Jimmy Jacobs. He is incredibly underrated.

• Paid Members

Gabe just mentioned on Twitter/Facebook that today is the tenth anniversary of Samoa Joe winning the ROH Title.

How different things were then. I wonder how long it took me to get the title change through on tape.

• Paid Members

I'm actually listening to an Alan 4L and Rob Naylor podcast reviewing the years from 2002-04, and two others talking about 2005 and 2006. They have a load of stories about stuff like how long it took to get the tapes. I have a weird fascination of the indy scene around this period. Not even the actual wrestling, but the side bar shit that goes with it. Nothing really seems to happen anymore. All you hear now is "ROH can't get the stream to work" and that's boring. Back them you'd have the company's owner getting done for diddling kids or CM Punk getting a slapping off Teddy Hart in a cafe or finding out about Teddy Hart going spastic on a ROH event and moonsaulting off shit. I'd totally recommend those podcasts. You can get them from F4Wonline if you use the search function. But yeah, you could download and watch the thing in an afternoon now the day after the show is done.

Doesn't even seem like the same Samoa Joe from 2003-2006 as it does today. He looks like he couldn't give a toss now.

• Paid Members
I stand by my original statement.

Quite right too, as it doesn't contradict the idea that he's underrated. All of his gimmicks have essentially been variants on "a bit of a bummer", and he's done them rather well.

Doesn't even seem like the same Samoa Joe from 2003-2006 as it does today. He looks like he couldn't give a toss now.

God, tell me about it. I don't know if it's just the fact that he's on a bigger stage now, with bigger guys around him, but he's just lost so much aura. He was this larger-than-life killer back then. It really is like watching a different person.

• Paid Members
I stand by my original statement.

Nobody would give a shit about Jacobs if he hadn't copied the Berzerker's boots that time.

Yeah, that stable's rubbish, Compton shouldn't be dirtying himself with his involvement. Fucking Rhyno.

I'm actually listening to an Alan 4L and Rob Naylor podcast reviewing the years from 2002-04, and two others talking about 2005 and 2006. They have a load of stories about stuff like how long it took to get the tapes. I have a weird fascination of the indy scene around this period. Not even the actual wrestling, but the side bar shit that goes with it. Nothing really seems to happen anymore. All you hear now is "ROH can't get the stream to work" and that's boring. Back them you'd have the company's owner getting done for diddling kids or CM Punk getting a slapping off Teddy Hart in a cafe or finding out about Teddy Hart going spastic on a ROH event and moonsaulting off shit. I'd totally recommend those podcasts. You can get them from F4Wonline if you use the search function. But yeah, you could download and watch the thing in an afternoon now the day after the show is done.

Can you link me to that podcast where I can download it, or give the full name if it's on itunes? Cheers!

Just finished watching the 11th Anniversary and I really enjoyed it too. That's the last 6 shows in a row I've seen and I have to say that things seems to have improved a lot. This is the most ROH I've seen since the end of 2008 and I'm looking forward to Supercard of Honor despite Jay Briscoe getting the title match.