Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I dont think the Joshua card is actually that bad, there's plenty on ther to keep me interested.

Molina himself isnt a bad opponent, it just sucks that it got made after what we were promised. Molina's probably as good an opponent that they could have got to tie them over into the Klitschko fight.

• Paid Members

If Eddie Hearn grew on me I'd get a biopsy done sharpish. Can't stand the bloke. Haye's a bit of a cock but I thought he had a point on Hearn. I'm not denying he does good things for boxing or that he's passionate about the sport or whatever. And I know a promoter has to be in front of the camera sometimes to promote. But he does seem to be fucking everywhere all the time. Adam Smith was interviewed by IFL as well after the presser and, while he never slagged Hearn off, he said himself that Haye was right about Eddie loving the limelight. I don't think it's necessary. Dana White's taken a huge step back in terms of how much he's in front of the cameras now and I don't think it's hurt the UFC one bit. Hearn doesn't need to be standing there when fighters are interviewed and stuff after fights and throwing his two penneth in. Let the fighter have their moment and just do your own interviews separately.

• Paid Members

I think anyone who slags off Eddie Hearns promotional talents when you look at where British boxing stands at the moment is barking up the wrong tree. Hearn loves the camera but he's incredibly accessible to fans and he's great at keeping people upto date on whats going on with his promotion. The fact that he does it so often should be commended in my opinion.

Like Jim said, watching Hearn through IFL has made me grow to love the bloke, he's funny as shit and genuinely comes off as a great guy.

This past few days has been great drama though, i love it. Having IFL around is like have our own personal reporters, they do an amazing job.

I don't mind when Hearn is present just after his fighters win. He's always interviewed second. Frank Warren used to present like that for years. The promoter acts as a decent guide for what's next for their fighters. Hearn probably should have kept his beak out in the Katie Taylor interview that Haye mentioned - although I haven't seen it myself. But other that I have no issue with Hearn's presence. He's usually interviewed separate from his fighters on IFL, and is usually a decent listen. He's more self-aware than some give him credit for.  

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

yeh, what's the problem with it? The fighter is always interviewed then it cuts to Eddie with the question 'what's next?' and Eddie will point the fans in the direction the fighter's likely going to be going. He does a lot of media for the fans to view like the IFL thing, but Eddie hardly hogs the limelight on his shows.

Eddie's post-press conference interview was good too, when listening to both sides of the story you have to believe he's the one talking more sense. He knows he's got to Haye and he's fucking loving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjB80DJ1MBE&t=307s

Don't want to keep tooting IFL's horn, but to show the level of content they put out. They've uploading 49 videos in the last 24 hours ranging from press conference videos, gym videos, interview. It's great stuff, i love following it, they make British boxing so much more enjoyable to follow.

Edited by Egg Shen

I think most inside the game appreciate IFL. Most of the top names go out of their way to compliment Kugan and James Helder. That goes for boxers, trainers and promoters. The exception being the Eubanks, but it's not like their opinion carries much credibility these days. They've managed to piss almost everyone off. 

I think the problem with Hearn is, even when he isnt taking over interviews he is always visible. Even during the actual matches he is hearly always front row and centre ringside. You can not escape him. I also think his PPV cards are lame, it's rare you cannot pick the winners quite easily of all the matches. I do Hope Haye sparks Bellew and AJ.

The Mcguigan camp of Haye, Groves and Frampton must have a picture of Eddie on a dartboard i imagine.

• Paid Members

Warren was always the same though in the 90s. If you go back and watch almost any Bruno, Eubank, Benn or Naz fight from back then you'll see Allegedly's big clammy pink face in the front row. Sometimes next to Don King's electrified hair.