Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I felt the HBO team were trying to give off that it was a better fight than it actually was. It was tense stuff but there was few huge shots landed from either guy throughout the fight, it was cagey, tactical and the majority of the rounds were basically pick em's. I scored the fight a draw, i had Ward winning 7 rounds compared to Kovalev's 5 but the knockdown made it a draw. It was the kind of fight where either loser was gonna feel hard done by.

I felt the HBO team were trying to give off that it was a better fight than it actually was. It was tense stuff but there was few huge shots landed from either guy throughout the fight, it was cagey, tactical and the majority of the rounds were basically pick em's. I scored the fight a draw, i had Ward winning 7 rounds compared to Kovalev's 5 but the knockdown made it a draw. It was the kind of fight where either loser was gonna feel hard done by.

The HBO team were blatantly in favour of the American in my opinion, and the result was a bit of a joke in my opinion. I could have given Ward some benefit of the doubt had the fight gone with no knockdowns, but there's no way he won that fight whilst taking a 10-8 round.

Could you imagine if the fight had taken place in Russia, with 3 Russian judges and had been scored in a similar fashion for Kovalev if he'd been knocked down in the 2nd round? The American press would have been spitting blood.

Eh? HBO scored it wide for Kov. So did most American journos. It was SKY's pundits who thought Ward won.

Lederman was the only guy actually talking sense during the fight in my opinion, the actual commentary team were a joke. 

Yeh, Lederman had Kovalev winning by 4 rounds, Max Kellerman said it could have gone eitherway. I didn't find the commentary biased at all.

Was Roy Jones commentating? His constantly talking about Ward was cringeworthy. It was obvious who the commentary panel wanted to win.

• Paid Members

Eh? HBO scored it wide for Kov. So did most American journos. It was SKY's pundits who thought Ward won.

Lederman was the only guy actually talking sense during the fight in my opinion, the actual commentary team were a joke.

Yeh, Lederman had Kovalev winning by 4 rounds, Max Kellerman said it could have gone eitherway. I didn't find the commentary biased at all.

Was Roy Jones commentating? His constantly talking about Ward was cringeworthy. It was obvious who the commentary panel wanted to win.

Hmmmm, i didn't think so. I actually scored the fight quite differently too, its all subjective though.

I discount anything Roy Jones says though, he talks utter shite sometimes.

Lucas Browne, that's a ballache. He protested as loud as anyone in recent times about his first failed test.

• Paid Members

Frank Warren's Cardiff show is cursed, cancelled once, and now Billy Joe Saunders fight is off again (moved a week later to the Glasgow show), and Liam Williams/Ahmet Patterson is off because Patterson got attacked on the street. That's the two main events off again. i wouldn't be so bothered if not for the fact that i have a ticket to go. I'm still going down and the card still looks fairly decent on paper in fairness.

e8dc41f41cd9011a0c1210380bc18f9ba22094a4

Flanagan/Cruz now headlines, Warren's also wangled a last minute European title fight between Liam Williams and some Hungarian fella.

The big fight this weekend of course is Lomanchenko/Walters, that happens in the wee hours of Sunday morning, gonna be some scrap.