Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i may have a new favorite boxer...

Edwin Valero, just saw his fight from Saturday night on De La Hoya's latest card. What a fucking animal! 25 wins, 25 KO's. The commentators were saying there was uncertainty that the guy was for real and Pitalua was his first real test. 2nd round destruction.

The guys got a scary kind of aura about him, he looks abit like a movie bad guy and he fights with bad fucking intentions.

Keep an eye out for him.

Michael Katsidis had another great fight on the card too. You can always rely on him for some fireworks.

Haye could do well against Wladimir. The heavyweight division is wide open for a hard-hitting but more mobile natural cruiser.

for anyone interested the David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko fight will be taking place at Schalke 04 football stadium, heres the report from sky sports website:

Schalke to host big fight

Football stadium named as venue for heavyweight contest

Wladimir Klitschko will defend his IBF and WBO heavyweight titles against David Haye in the Schalke 04 football stadium in Gelsenkirchen.

The arena, which is capable of seating nearly 62,000 fans and also has a retractable roof, will host a boxing match for the first time on June 20.

"I've always wanted to fight in a football stadium before such a large audience," said the Ukrainian-born Klitschko, now based in Germany.

"This fight will get world-wide attention," Klitschko told German newspaper Bild.

"The Schalke stadium is a worthy venue and the atmosphere will make both boxers produce their best performance."

The fight is being billed as 'Knockout in Shalke' based on the two fighters' fearsome reputations.

Klitschko has claimed 46 of his 52 wins by KO while Haye has stopped 21 of the 22 opponents he has defeated.

Edwin Valero, just saw his fight from Saturday night on De La Hoya's latest card. What a fucking animal! 25 wins, 25 KO's. The commentators were saying there was uncertainty that the guy was for real and Pitalua was his first real test. 2nd round destruction.

Impressive.... Love the thing he does with his mouth, kinda growls while kicking your arse...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

anyone watching Froch/Taylor this weekend?? it's should be the real chance for Froch to become the new superstar of UK boxing. It's just a shame that no uk tv channels have actually been bothered to pick it up. How much it must suck for Froch to fight for however many years he has, get a big fight in the States against a top guy and then have no support from UK stations. He's threatened never to fight in the UK again.

I'm still gonna be watching it (god bless the internet), and i'll be rooting for The Cobra. Being a Welshman, you think i'd have it in for him seeings that he's constantly having a pop at Calzaghe (and still is despite Calzaghe's retirement), but ive always preferred Froch.

In unrelated news, this press conference clip comes from the other day promoting Haye vs Klitshcko...

Klitschko vs Haye

:) interesting stuff, im excited!