Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

anyone going to Khan/Barrera?? i'm hoepfully gonna go, ticket prices aint bad and it'll be awesome to see Barrera in the flesh.

quick question about the NIA though, has anyone ever been there? is it easy to get too driving wise? i always thought it was way outside the city center for some reason, is it?

anyone going to Khan/Barrera?? i'm hoepfully gonna go, ticket prices aint bad and it'll be awesome to see Barrera in the flesh.

quick question about the NIA though, has anyone ever been there? is it easy to get too driving wise? i always thought it was way outside the city center for some reason, is it?

Two things - it's at the MEN, and tickets are gonna sell out very very soon.

NIA is in the City Centre, its the NEC thats far away at the airport. Theres parking all around Bham City Centre but its pretty expensive I think.

• Paid Members

hmmmm, that's some dodgy promoting if it's true. It wouldn't be the first time some late changes have taken place on Warren cards though, boxing's a dodgy game.

i was thinking of going to the Olympian show, but i'm at a stag weekend the same time :( i'm hoping they'll do a cardiff show. Skelton/Rogan is going to be the most scrappy heavyweight fight in history.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

i always used to say 'how gutting would it be to travel a huge distance for a fight to finish in the 1st round'...well, it happened to me last night.

Went to see Nathan Cleverley's latest defence in Swindon and he won a weak TKO in the opening round, doh!!

i always used to say 'how gutting would it be to travel a huge distance for a fight to finish in the 1st round'...well, it happened to me last night.

Went to see Nathan Cleverley's latest defence in Swindon and he won a weak TKO in the opening round, doh!!

OUCH. A lot of the Friday Fight Night's recently have been absolute garbage-just one-sided mismatches for Commonwealth belts and unfortunately that was what happened last night.

Still, the next couple of weeks look better. Prizefighters next week, and on the 27th is rendall Munroe's European title defence, and Tony Jeffries' pro debut.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

i've started to watch the backlog of boxing documentaries ive been collecting, today i watched:

Scott Harrison - On The Ropes - the sad case of Scott Harrison. This starts off as a doc. about Harrison's return to the ring, but ends with back in jail. You don't really get a close look at Harrison's troubles because he keeps the documentary maker distant, but it's clear that Harrison is a very flawed person. You wouldn't think it by seeing him interviewed here, but it's obvious he's a fuck up. Sad case, but the guy has problems and he's being punished for them.

Michael Watson - Fighting Back - this was incredibly sad. The first half of this tells Watson's life story, the 2nd concentrates on what happened the fateful night he fought Eubank for a 2nd time. A difficult watch and a must see for any boxing/sport fan in my opinion. The tale has an uplifting end to it, but it hits home on how dangerous combat sports are. The footage of Watson in recovery is harrowing and difficult to watch. The fact that Watson recovered as much as has is amazing. A must see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Does anyone know what channel is showing Saturday's WBC heavyweight title fight between Vitali Klitschko and Juan Carlos Gomez?

i don't think it is, i thought it would be on Setanta (Klitschko's last fight was). But it don't look it it this time :(

download in the mornings i thinks.