Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

With Hatton promotions last card and Martinez last fight both on Primetime i don't like the look of it. :angry:

I rang to complain. They said i have the "Ringside" magazine type programme on Thursday nights! I said "I want to see quality boxing at no further cost than i am already paying, Not people talking about it!"

Would they dare put every half decent Premiership game on PPV & let the majority of the rest of the Premiership games be snapped up by Channel 5? "The home of Sport"????? Not if you like boxing & only pay for the sports package!

• Paid Members

just busted out my new Tyson DVD's, Greatest Hits...i haven't seen alot of this stuff in full, ive seen alot of it in highlights and whatever...just short, sharp, brutal stuff. Tyson at that point was one scary muthafucker, seems so humble too, i love how he helps opponents up after dropping them. Monster.

just busted out my new Tyson DVD's, Greatest Hits...i haven't seen alot of this stuff in full, ive seen alot of it in highlights and whatever...just short, sharp, brutal stuff. Tyson at that point was one scary muthafucker, seems so humble too, i love how he helps opponents up after dropping them. Monster.

It wasn't the greatest era as far as heavyweight fighters go, but he certainly dealt with the guys they put in front of him. He was a real throwback fighter, wasn't he? What I wouldn't give to see him in his prime face Joe Frazier in his prime.

That would be a real fucking battle.

• Paid Members

Yeah Tyson was a terrific fighter. The combination of power, speed, head movement, ability to get inside and just plain nastiness he had in his prime was scary. It's a shame he came along about 10-15 years after the era of Ali, Frazier, Foreman etc. I don't think he'd have been anywhere near as successful but it would have been great to see him at his best in that era to see how he'd have done.

tumblr_m9kocqW1Hd1ql6fog.gif

What Tyson DVDs did you get Ebb? Was it a boxset? I've got the one with the Tyson movie and the bonus disc of Ringside stuff. And I got another 4 disc set I haven't watched yet which looks like a load of Ringside stuff and has most of his early fights. Like, his first 20 odd or something. Does that sound like the one you've got? I keep meaning to watch it.

• Paid Members

WHSmith were selling magazine/dvd pack for 10 clams. The 4 DVD's are Tyson: Raw & Uncut Vol.1 & 2 (but apparently there's 4 parts? so why they only include 2 is weird), Tysons Greatest Hits (its got around 14 old fights) and Tyson vs. Douglas, Holmes, Spinks.

ESPN DVD's...looking on amazon there's several Tyson DVD's, there's one called Kid Dynamite which is also an ESPN disk but from what i can gather is the same footage that's on the other DVD's.

I've been trying to collect full Tyson broadcasts over the years too, ive got quite a few, i need to sort em out.

• Paid Members

Yeah, there's so many different Tyson DVDs and boxsets it's hard to know what's what. A lot of them seem to be repackaged versions of older releases. Same with the Ali stuff.

I've been meaning to get some full broadcasts of older stuff as well. Especially early-mid 90s ITV broadcasts from the Benn, Eubank, Bruno, Naz days. And some standout US cards like the stacked Showtime card from 94 which had Chavez vs Randall 2, McClellan vs Jackson 2, Nelson vs Leija 2 and Norris vs Brown 2. Revenge: Night of the Rematches or something.

The full shows are hard to find though.

• Paid Members

I'll watch that Best of 2012 in a bit, cheers. I thought it was a great year of fights.

Pacquiao vs Marquez V looks likely for September. It's a bit of a layoff for Marquez but I'm well up for a 5th.

EDIT - Oh, and I just read that Huck vs Afolabi 3 looks to be on for March 2nd in Germany. Great news.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

The latest talk on Pacquiao and Marquez is that Manny wants a fight in April and Arum's thinking of putting them on a PPV as a double-header against separate opponents. Hopefully setting up a 5th fight between them in September. That's what Arum's current line is.

Wonder who they'll both fight. The ones I'm seeing people call for most are Pacman vs Brandon Rios and Marquez vs Tim Bradley. Would be risky fights for both but it would be a hell of a double-header. Would likely do good numbers at that time of year with the whole Mexican Independence holiday.

Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero and Canelo Alvarez vs Austin Trout are possible for May 4th on HBO as well, last I read.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

It seems that some young ruffian swore at Steve Bunce and, Bunce says, spat at his wife. It happened when Bunce was watching his son play rugby against an opposing school. Though the school that the young ruffian attends disputes Bunce's version of events.

The Daily Mail article contained one interesting bit of information.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...live-radio.html

...Mr Bunce's son was playing for Denstone College, a private school in Staffordshire with fees of up to
Edited by nfc90210