Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i remember that advert!

I'll remember the Bruno/Lewis advert too that had a bit of a sci-fi feel to it...there also another Bruno type advert set the Gabrielle's Dreams song, i think it was to do with his fight with Oliver McCall.

• Paid Members

Fury-Johnson is officially a WBC Title Eliminator!!

Promoter Mick Hennessy says Tyson Fury will turn the World heavyweight division upside down in 2013 when he becomes the heavyweight champion of the world.

According to the Hennessy Sports boss unbeaten Fury will confirm his status as the best heavyweight contender in the world this Saturday night at Belfast

• Paid Members

The dig at Price is pretty laughable, didn't Fury duck him a few months back? Fighting the elderly....says the man who booked "future of the heavyweight division" against a beat up old Martin Rogan only this year.

Mick Hennessey also called Fury's fight with Pajkic, and I quote - "the British Hagler-Hearns". Ha!

Can't stand this pair of BO smelling, bullshit spewing, bollock headed twats. I hope Johnson sparks Fury. Fuck patriotism.

The dig at Price is pretty laughable, didn't Fury duck him a few months back? Fighting the elderly....says the man who booked "future of the heavyweight division" against a beat up old Martin Rogan only this year.

Mick Hennessey also called Fury's fight with Pajkic, and I quote - "the British Hagler-Hearns". Ha!

Can't stand this pair of BO smelling, bullshit spewing, bollock headed twats. I hope Johnson sparks Fury. Fuck patriotism.

Love it.

Can't stand either myself. How Froch put up with Hennessey for so long I have no idea.

Think Kevin will do Fury to be honest and I can't wait.

• Paid Members

I'm interested in how Rau'shee Warren is going to do as a pro. He's an American who went to three Olympics and failed to get past the first round on all three occasions. He did though win a gold at the World Amateur Championships in 2007 and a bronze in both 2005 and 2011. Despite going to three Olympics he's only twenty-five. He turned pro earlier this month and won his debut by unanimous decision - according to BoxRec he did get knocked down in the fourth (it was a four round fight). However the AP report says that the knockdown was debatable and a report in USA Today says...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxin...debuts/1696165/

...Bantamweight Warren was first up, and the three-time Olympian, who came away with zero medals for his efforts, scored a unanimous decision against Luis Rivera (1-3). Warren, from Cincinnati, went down in the fourth round, but replays showed it was from swinging and missing against Rivera. He was never hit...

Warren's record at Box Rec...

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...6&cat=boxer

Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members
Why so harsh on fury?

Because I think he's a big smelly wanker. I have no proof on the smelly part other than he just looks the type. The wanker part he does a better job proving that than I ever could, every time he opens his trap.

I know Rogan beat Skelton 4 years ago but it was just that, 4 years ago. 4 years ago Khan was unbeaten, Cotto was unbeaten, Calzaghe was still fighting, Arturo Gatti was still alive and Kelly Pavlik was an unbeaten champion and thought of as one of the best fighters in the sport at the time.

4 years is a long time. By the time Rogan fought Fury he was 40 and had undergone spinal surgery. He wasn't the same man who had that war with Skelton.

My point wasn't to knock Rogan as a choice of opponent for Fury. It was in response to Hennessey taking swipes at Price (a man Fury/Hennessey want no part of) for "fighting the elderly", when he booked a similar fight for Fury this year.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Rogan who had not been in the ring for 18 months also. I wish i could remember and quote what Fury said before reveling Rogan., proper Savio Vega moment.

Plus he went through the spell where he was trying to sell his gimmick of been a troubled & unpredictable psychopath which i don't mind but they way he pulled it off in the VT was LOL!

I hate his fans at ringside too.

Edited by Fox Piss

oh his fans are a right bunch of arseholes, that one fight where Fury was dropped i thought his fans were gonna riot.

This is pretty much the reason I watch his fights. Apart from the fact that you're guaranteed an exciting bout, when he finally does get dropped and stays down I want to see what happens in the arena.

The way he goes in with his chin held high pretty much guarantees that he'll get clipped with a real shot at some point.