Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah mate, the Chavez documentary is really good. It's really well done and is as good as most boxing documentaries available, and if I'm not mistaken, Tyson gives another one of his trademark Don King tirades. They're mates now though.

• Paid Members

i highly recommend the Chavez documentary.

I couldn't agree more about the DVD situation though, ive never understood why they release so little. Frank Warren has put some out (he's behind all the Calzaghe, Hatton ones i believe), but the output is poor.

• Paid Members
i highly recommend the Chavez documentary.

I couldn't agree more about the DVD situation though, ive never understood why they release so little. Frank Warren has put some out (he's behind all the Calzaghe, Hatton ones i believe), but the output is poor.

I'm not really a fan of the ones that Frank Warren has put out, mainly because he always gets someone to come in a re-do the commentary, which always ends up a disaster because unlike the original commentary, the guy doing the re-dub isn't even at the fight and is doing it in some sound booth in a recording studio, resulting in the commentary being too loud, the guy lacking any passion because he's not at the fight experiencing the atmosphere. The lad he brought in to provide the re-dubbed commentary for the Kostya Tzyu fight that was released on a Hatton DVD, was abolutley terrible, and I mean terrible, I can't really describe how bad it is, with him screeching and squealing the whole way through. I understand that doing this works out cheaper for Frank Warren, but if you're going to insist on doing that then for god's sake, bring the guy in and let him do a commentary track at ringside for future use. The Hatton Vs Mayweather DVD was a Golden Boy release, along with an independent production company in the UK, and that wasn't bad, but it also had retrospective commentary, and I think that spoils things. I bought it a few weeks ago from CeX for something like

Newly crowned British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Tyson Fury could be facing Canadian champion Neven Pajkic in his next bout after negotiations fell through with Martin Rogan.

A fight between Kell Brook and Polish welterweight Rafal Jackiewicz has been finalised. This fight could propel Brook to a major world title shot if he gets past the once defeated ex Pole. Jackiewicz is an ex European champion and is ranked number 5 by the International Boxing Federation (IBF).

boxing news 24 got that of.

• Paid Members

i wanted Fury/Rogan.

and i never knew they did re-dubbed commentary on the dvd's, i fucking hate that shit. It's like the ol Pride FC DVD's, all re-dubbed shit. Bas Rutten commentates on one fight whilst on screen he's cornering a fighter :laugh:

• Paid Members

Here's a good story on the details surrounding the death of Arturo Gatti. I've been waiting quite a while for more light to be shed on this story, as I'm of the belief that all was not as it seemed.

NEWARK, N.J. (AP)

Thank you very much for these two links. Been watching a lot of Tyson and Ali on YouTube and this was just the type of thing I was looking for, as I'm a sucker for Video Quality. Not happy about the Bruno fight being on there though, that match was sad to watch...:(

• Paid Members
Thank you very much for these two links. Been watching a lot of Tyson and Ali on YouTube and this was just the type of thing I was looking for, as I'm a sucker for Video Quality. Not happy about the Bruno fight being on there though, that match was sad to watch...:(

You're welcome :) As I said, those two sets are great, and you can find the Tyson one for as little as

• Paid Members

Top find Taylorslade on the DVD/book deal, I'll have some of that :D

I've got them Ali and Tyson boxsets, can't recommend them enough. A little thing to add but I like the black and silver design of packaging on the Tyson set, looks cool as fuck and matches the design for the Tyson movie cover too.

The Ali set is one of my favourite purchases. Fucking awesome stuff.

edited for Maffew's Lex Luger avatar :laugh: that's brilliant

Edited by wandshogun09

Bloody hell, I went a little off-track there, but yeah, those DVD sets are brilliant :D

I don't suppose you know/would be willing to share the match listings? Amazon doesn't seem to show listings for either.

And I love the avatar too :D

• Paid Members

These are the listings I have

Ali set

vs Doug Jones (13th Mar 1963)

vs Henry Cooper 1 (18th Jun 1963)

vs Sonny Liston 1 (25th Feb 1964)

vs Sonny Liston 2 (25th May 1965)

vs George Chuvalo 1 (29th Mar 1966)

vs Ernie Terrell (6th Feb 1967)

vs Zora Folley (22nd Mar 1967)

vs Jerry Quarry (26th Oct 1970)

vs Oscar Bonavena (7th Dec 1970)

vs George Foreman (30th Oct 1974) (Rumble in the Jungle)

vs Chuck Wepner (24th Mar 1975)

vs Ron Lyle (16th May 1975)

vs Joe Frazier 3 (30th Sep 1975) (Thrilla in Manila)

Tyson set

vs Hector Mercedes (6th Mar 1985)

vs Trent Singleton (10th Apr 1985)

vs Don Halpin (23rd May 1985)

vs Ricardo Spain (20th Jun 1985)

vs John Alderson (11th Jul 1985)

vs Lorenzo Canady (15th Aug 1985)

vs Michael Johnson (5th Sep 1985)

vs Donnie Long (9th Oct 1985)

vs Robert Colay (25th Oct 1985)

vs Sterling Benjamin (1st Nov 1985)

vs Eddie Richardson (13th Nov 1985)

vs Conroy Nelson (22nd Nov 1985)

vs Sammy Scaff (6th Dec 1985)

vs Mark Young (27th Dec 1985)

vs Dave Jaco (11th Jan 1986)

vs Mike Jameson (24th Jan 1986)

vs Jesse Ferguson (16th Feb 1986)

vs Steve Zouski (10th Mar 1986)

vs James Tillis (3rd May 1986)

vs William Hosea (28th Jun 1986)

vs Lorenzo Boyd (11th Jul 1986)

vs Marvis Frazier (26th Jul 1986)

vs Frank Bruno (25th Feb 1989)

man, Tyson was a busy boy in 1985

and on top of all them fights there's some great discussion with Teddy Atlas, Bert Sugar etc on both sets

Thanks a lot! In the space of 4 posts I've had pretty much all my questions answered. Some of which before I even asked them.

These sets will tide me over until I find someone with Legendary Nights on DVD.