Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I've been watching a lot of old boxing lately aswell. I've watched the Tyson movie and the Raw & Uncut series which was basically Tyson's first 20 odd fights with interviews slipped in at certain points. Fascinating stuff I found. Whether people like him or hate him Tyson has had a really interesting life/career.

I've also watched Benn/Eubank 1 & 2, Benn vs McClellan, Gatti vs Ward trilogy and my favourite boxing match of all time hands down Jose Luis Castillo vs Diego Corrales 1. Classic stuff.

• Paid Members

Khan fight went about as I expected. I've seen Khan's meant to be fighting Tim Bradley next and then Roach wants him to go up to 147 and fight the big names there including Mayweather and Pacquiao eventually.

Why are people allowed them fucking annoying horns at boxing events? Couldn't stand it after a couple of rounds and ended up fast forwarding through the fight! Really enjoyed Ortiz/Berto though, as I'm sure most people who watched it would.

• Paid Members

ahhh man, i was gonna mention the horn! It sounded like 1 horn, the guy was just fucking tooting it all fucking night, no tune to it either. It was f'n ridiculous.

been catching up on my history today too, got hold Muhammad Ali: Ringside (4 disk set)...it's great to see the old stuff in such good quality and although im a boxing fan a lot of this stuff i haven't seen.

Saw Clay/Liston I today, it's a great example of how good Clay was in certain respects, his head movement and speed is blistering, the 3rd round is outstanding Liston couldn't put a glove on Clay. The following rounds is all controversy though, the burning eyes/quitting nonsence. It's one of the most talked about and controversial fights of all time...i need to read more into it.

Best book, IMHO, is this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muhammad-Ali-His-L...810&sr=1-12

Written quoting the people who were there and knew Ali as well as Ali himself. Is a really interesting read.

i'll get that.

Ive got a load of boxing books but surprisingly, not 1 on Ali :(

been catching up on my history today too, got hold Muhammad Ali: Ringside (4 disk set)...it's great to see the old stuff in such good quality and although im a boxing fan a lot of this stuff i haven't seen.

Saw Clay/Liston I today, it's a great example of how good Clay was in certain respects, his head movement and speed is blistering, the 3rd round is outstanding Liston couldn't put a glove on Clay. The following rounds is all controversy though, the burning eyes/quitting nonsence. It's one of the most talked about and controversial fights of all time...i need to read more into it.

Best book, IMHO, is this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muhammad-Ali-His-L...810&sr=1-12

Written quoting the people who were there and knew Ali as well as Ali himself. Is a really interesting read.

I got this a few years ago, cracking read, anyone welcome to a loan of it if you wish as it is gathering dust on my shelves.

Facing Ali

Just thought I'd leave this link here to a guts Youtube page what has a lot of episodes of Legendary Nights uploaded which are well worth a watch, especially for a part time boxing fan like me who hasnt seen alot of the fights

http://www.youtube.com/user/Abbaskhan6428ZZ

Great series. Foreman/Moorer my favourite; pretty inspirational.

Khan fight went about as I expected. I've seen Khan's meant to be fighting Tim Bradley next and then Roach wants him to go up to 147 and fight the big names there including Mayweather and Pacquiao eventually.

I could NEVER see Amir Khan fighting Pacman cos they both have Freddie Roach as their trainer. I aint buying that headbutt was accidental hit him then jumped forward to clash heads. Then for Khan to say Paul McCloskey is european class fighter and himself world class is a fucking joke.

I REALLY want to see Amir fight Mayweather, cos as much I dont like Mayweather or Khan, Id love to see Khan get knocked out again, the cocky prick.

There's just something about epic boxing matches that eclipses MMA,

You think so? I'm the exact opposite. I used to love big boxing matches, but now whilst I still watch them I don't feel the desperation to do so. I usually download them and can watch them anything up to three or four days later. Most of them don't hold a candle to a good MMA card.

I forgot the Khan fight was on until I saw the result on the news on Sunday.

• Paid Members

im not talking anticipation of a fight, i'm talking about when a boxing match delivers in content. Re-watched Corrales/Castillo I not long ago, no MMA fight comes close to that in my opinion.

• Paid Members
There's just something about epic boxing matches that eclipses MMA,

You think so? I'm the exact opposite. I used to love big boxing matches, but now whilst I still watch them I don't feel the desperation to do so. I usually download them and can watch them anything up to three or four days later. Most of them don't hold a candle to a good MMA card.

but i agree with that 100%.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

anyone seen the first episode of Fight Camp 360? Pacquiao/Mosley on paper could be seen as a tough sell because you basically have two of boxing's good guys going at it, but the phenomonen of Pac-Man means it'll sell whatever. It basically highlighted the staggering level of fame the guys achieved, he's ridiculously busy and that he still manages to box at such a high level is unbelievable...like the 24/7 series, it shows how hard it is for Freddie Roach to keep Manny focussed. Mosley is boxings best example of taking advantage of others hesitance. He's pretty much stepping in and fighting the best guys in the world because the best guys in the world won't fight each other...hard to dislike Mosley based on these shows, he seems like a nice guy, came across great in the Mayweather build it up too. The show made me believe that Shane's got a chance too :)

oh, and his girlfriend is fucking smoking.