*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs Lou Albano MSG 22nd November 1982

which actually would have been my 2nd birthday :)

Worst blade job ever.

I saw this up on the DVDVR board. What the hell is going on? Did Albano get fired after this? Most obvious blade JOBS ever. He wasn't even trying to hide what he was doing (Takes a headbutt from Snuka. Goes into his trouser pocket, pulls out a knife, cuts his forehead, puts it back in his pocket). Jeezo. A must see for everyone on here.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Until I saw that match, the previous worst blade job I ever saw was also Albano - this time Captain Lou vs Arnold Skaaland on the "Worlds Greatest Managers" dvd (fast forward to 4 mins in to see an identical balde job to the Snuka match).

In case anybody missed the Goldberg vs Glacier match from 1998 on this week's WWE Vintage Collection, check out Goldberg's incredible agility. Impressive.

Albano had a history of going crazy with knives and blading it seems, I saw this on the History of WWE a while ago, it wasn't a televised event unfortunately:

WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - December 8, 1984 (16,000; sell out)

Velvet McIntyre & Desiree Peterson defeated Penny Mitchell & Peggy Peterson

Bobby Heenan defeated Salvatore Bellomo

Buddy Rose defeated SD Jones

Brutus Beefcake defeated Jose Luis Rivera

Big John Studd pinned Swede Hansen

David Sammartino defeated Ken Patera via disqualification; during the bout, Sammartino and Patera tried to wrestle an Xacto knife from Capt. Lou Albano when Albano "lost it" and began cutting his forehead; in the melee, Sammartino's arm was heavily cut and he required 45 stitches

Jimmy Snuka & the Tonga Kid defeated Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff when Orndorff was pinned

Until I saw that match, the previous worst blade job I ever saw was also Albano - this time Captain Lou vs Arnold Skaaland on the "Worlds Greatest Managers" dvd (fast forward to 4 mins in to see an identical balde job to the Snuka match).

In case anybody missed the Goldberg vs Glacier match from 1998 on this week's WWE Vintage Collection, check out Goldberg's incredible agility. Impressive.

HOLY SHIT.

Now THAT is the Goldberg I'd have loved to have seen back in the Nitro days. It's really sad to see how great both those shows were in 1997/98 and compare that to today. :(

Albano had a history of going crazy with knives and blading it seems, I saw this on the History of WWE a while ago, it wasn't a televised event unfortunately:

WWF @ Boston, MA - Boston Garden - December 8, 1984 (16,000; sell out)

Velvet McIntyre & Desiree Peterson defeated Penny Mitchell & Peggy Peterson

Bobby Heenan defeated Salvatore Bellomo

Buddy Rose defeated SD Jones

Brutus Beefcake defeated Jose Luis Rivera

Big John Studd pinned Swede Hansen

David Sammartino defeated Ken Patera via disqualification; during the bout, Sammartino and Patera tried to wrestle an Xacto knife from Capt. Lou Albano when Albano "lost it" and began cutting his forehead; in the melee, Sammartino's arm was heavily cut and he required 45 stitches

Jimmy Snuka & the Tonga Kid defeated Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff when Orndorff was pinned

I recall hearing of captain Lou's antics in some shoot interviews.

Apparently he had Vince Sr's word that he'd never be fired. Lou took this almost as challenge to Vince Jr and often got very drunk and did silly shit (like the blatent blading) to wind Vince up, safe in the knowledge that Vince 'couldn't fire him'.

I'm sure it ended up with Vince firing him eventually!! :laugh: