*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

NAILZ vs The Undertaker -

A chokeslam bump that rivals Hogan's in 2002 there. Nailz really was utter shit. Where did he even come from? He never looked like he had even the most basic of training.

In fairness he was just out the jail.

It's as if he took the chokeslam the same way he would take the sidewalk slam from Boss Man.

He was awful. Kind of awkward like the Dirt Bike Kid.

• Paid Members

The fact the camera never goes to the ring again and Sting has THAT look on his face (the one he usually got pre-Jesus, when he'd be mightily pissed off), seems to suggest that Nailz has got up and not sold what was essentially a match to put Sting over an ex-WWF guy. Nailz flapping about on the pin fall looks fishy as well. Sting says something to Nick Patrick as he's walking away too.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Sting was so fed up with Nailz during that match that he quickly changed the finish with Patrick, hence why he was trying to kick out. Did they do any build-up to this match at all or was it just stuck together at the last minute?

• Paid Members

From the May 31, 1993 Observer:

Then they announced that "The Prisoner" had done something to Scott Norton and that he'd be facing Sting. On television on Saturday they had announced that Nailz (Kevin Wacholz) had injured Norton (who legitimately walked out over a money dispute earlier in the week) and would be facing Sting. Sounds like a last minute threatening legal letter came from Connecticut which caused them not to use the Nailz name, which is the subject of some legal volleyball right now. However, it was almost science fiction as the ultra-prepared Tony Schiavone, who did his best job ever on a major show, suddenly developed a major memory loss during that match as he acted as if nobody knew who the Prisoner was or his background, despite the fact he had to know that almost everyone watching knew both, especially since he wore the same ring outfit down to the nightstick as with Titan. I guess the WCW jokesters got their little revenge by announcing Prisoner from Green Bay, WI, which is where Mr. Wacholz allegedly did that number on Vince McMahon which has resulted in a lawsuit and a counter-suit. Jesse Ventura was announced as being hospitalized, which was legitimate. He was replaced by Larry Zbyszko, who did a pretty good job as well. Ventura was complaining Saturday morning at his Minnesota home of leg pains and went to a local hospital where it was diagnosed as blood clots in the leg. He was attributing it to wearing ultra-tight knee pads in his movie costume filming "Demolition Man." Ventura was expected to be released from the hospital on Monday or Tuesday.

7. Sting pinned The Prisoner (Kevin Wacholz) in 5:16 after a clothesline off the top rope. Fans chanted "bulls--t" when they saw Nailz come out instead of Norton. A waste of Sting. -*

Norton>Nailz

• Paid Members

Awesome stuff. I presume he was just binned by WCW immediately?

The thing is that I remember really liking the Nailz v Boss Man feud when I was younger but it was obviously another Boss Man carry-job.