[NOMINATIONS] UK Promotion of the Year

neil

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1PW

With one show?
Apart from the alex shane supershows, it was the only one to draw a big crowd with great wrestlers.
with our camp circuit i would say we seen by more people apart from all star than all other feds but i will cast my vote for premier and dam whose shows are always strong.

1PW

With one show?
Apart from the alex shane supershows, it was the only one to draw a big crowd with great wrestlers.
Likewise with MPW, we (well, they now) did more shows this year than most (*bows to Mr Knight*). We also did Holbrooks Festival which drew 2500 people throughout the day, and we were the main event (literallly, the bands playing during the day were well pissed).MPW averaged five shows a months since May (from recollection), and drew an average of probably 100 (that's PAID! No comps or other BS).With all the respect in the world to 1PW (those that know me know how much I admire what they are doing and the way they are going about it), I think it's hard to call them promotion of the year with one show. Not disagreeing, as your opinion is as valid as everyone elses, just querying. If you want to call the 1PW show of the year, then that's fine, but UK promotion of the year really should take into account regularity, storylines, consistancy and so forth.With that in mind, my vote goes to SWA.Majik

to be honest the only uk shows i've seen this year were the coventry ones and 1pw. last year i would have voted for fwa, but they've disappeared after alex shane sold up. i think 1pw have done a good job in communicating with the fans, and have booked some great talent for the upcoming shows. the coventry supershows were fantastic, but they haven't built up any storylines or created their own promotional titles. i'd love to see ipw-uk, but kent is a bit too far for me. i'd consider watching promotions like mpw if some talent i've heard of was booked, eg doug williams, johnny storm, jody fleisch, aviv mayaan or james tighe.