The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Some nice racing from both games today. Having a go with this little lot:Newbury 2:10 - Laying MaraahelNewbury 2:40 - Laying the favourite if 5/1 or under. Backing Babiano e/w if 10/1 or above.Ayr 2:50 - Laying FaaselAyr 3:30 - e/w bets on Halcon Genelardais and/or Ladalko if 10/1 or above.Newbury 3:50 - Backing Reve Lunaire

Having a lovely week so far (I know im after timing but meh...)I only follow the AW now btw. Find it easier to stick to courses and horses and a surface thats always the same, no more of this soft, good, yielding ground crap - and Southwell) Been burnt too many times in the past few weeks.Was looking forward to a horse running when I watched it in a marvelous last to first exhibition last week. And Fantaisiste promptly bolted up tonight at Kempton at 9/2 (took the 5/1 on Ladbrokes earlier this morning) Had it for a Fiver e/w and in a double with Airbuss for a fiver. Also been trading on the snooker and football for the past week on Betfair, started with

Edited by JFFC

• 2 weeks later...

For tonight, Boro at 15/8 to win the Uefa Cup. Much more of a fluent team than Sevilla and have more talent. Only trouble will be breaking their solid defence down. Their midfeild is creativly very weak.

I agree with under 2.5 goals though, very good bet.

A few buy/sell for the world Cup. You get 100 for winning, 75 for runner up, 50 for losing semi, 25 for losing quaters, 10 for 2nd round and 0 for group stages.

SELL

Germany at 31 points, their second round and certainly quater final oppersition should be too strong

Italy at 28, tough group, and as long as they dont make it to the semi's you are in profit.

T+T, if you have the bank role to make it worth your while at 0.5. A 4th place finish in their qualifing group and a wired Fifa rule allows them to be here. Should not get a point.

BUY

Low risk, South Korea, only need to get past Switzland (a team that lost at home to Scotland) in the groups and you are in profit

high risk, Brazil, a win for them would see you make 50 times your stake

Interesting stuff there Sean.15/8 to win the trophy outright in a one-off final is an astounding price, i didn't even look at it. Might be worth covering that on a single just incase.For anyone who is interested, as i remember a few people like myself were clueless on it, there is an azmazing "Betfair For Dummies: World Cup 2006" book that has been published....It's free with this months 442 and is brilliant in explaining how it all works.

The World Cup is coming, lets bring this topic back into full steam with all out World Cup bets!Anyone have any bets on it so far? Outright winner? Golden boot?

I'n thinking of backing Pauleta for the Golden boot. He's 40/1 at the moment which is pretty decent considering they have an easy group (few goals each time) and should go quite far. He was also the top goal scorer in the qualifiers and he's got about 23 goals this season for Bordeaux. Writing all that down I don't know why I've just been 'thinking' about it, surely worth a quid. Edited by frank

The World Cup is coming, lets bring this topic back into full steam with all out World Cup bets!Anyone have any bets on it so far? Outright winner? Golden boot?

I'n thinking of backing Pauleta for the Golden boot. He's 40/1 at the moment which is pretty decent considering they have an easy group (few goals each time) and should go quite far. He was also the top goal scorer in the qualifiers and he's got about 23 goals this season for Bordeaux. Writing all that down I don't know why I've just been 'thinking' about it, surely worth a quid.
^^ This man knows.I was having a little look through the outsiders for top scorer and Pauleta was the first one to catch my eye especially at that price and given the group they have, likewise Podolski of Germany as they have one of the lesser groups.Still fancy Luca Toni though in all honesty. Ibrahimovic is another tempter epsecially for rattling in a few against T&T but can't see Sweden making it passed the second round.