The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

THey blew everyone away in spring training.......so by natural baseball law they have to finish rock bottom now.

I liked the way they were battling for runs and eeking out wins. I didnt really follow Spring Training all that much and when I checked the results last week I found they'd done surprisingly well. I was quite shocked the bookies made them such a long shot. Edited by JFFC

The Marlins line up sure is not half as bad as many other teams. The 200/1 pricing was just a knee jerk reaction to the quickfire sale in the off season. Willingham, Hermida, Jacobs and Ramirez are all decent and Cabera is an all star. Having said that they still wont get to the play offs in a strong division.

Best underdog I can see for the world series is Milwaukee Brewers at 66/1, lots of nice young bats and some decent pitching.

The Yankee bats will let them cruse to the play offs, but when it comes to the crunch they just dont have the pitching to win the whole thing unless their bats really catch fire in the post season.

For tonight take Detroit (-1.5) at Kansas , Mets (-1.5) at home to Washington, double pays 9/2

Over 9.5 runs in the St Loius vs Philly game combine that with under 11 runs in the Arizona vs Colardo game, double pays almost 3/1

Anyone got any tips on tomorrow's Grand National, or even a hunch on the winner?Im tempted to just whack all the money I'm going to bet on whoever the favourite after last year's brutal non-winning day :(

Guest terminator
:/ clan royal , should have won last year if it did i would have been 5 for 5 in the past 5 nationals for an e/w bet try inca trail, brother of Best Mate who died this year, generally the national winner has a story to it... is this the one... 40/1 at the moment.btw im not sad i just work in a bookies lol... or does that make me sad. :cry: oh well good luck all.

Clan Royal for me. Desperatly unlucky 2 years ago after being given a very dodgy ride, hung in the straight and the rider dropped his whip. Even more unlucky last year when being carried out when lobbing along up front last year. Had a good little prep run at Market Rasen a month ago which should set him up nicely for this. I think Hedgehunter will have needed a longer break in between his Gold Cup run and this. Clan Royal also has the experience over the fences, jumped round in 2003 and was faultless in 2004 until the loose horse carried him out. I dont think it is a lottery to be honest, Once you rule out all of the horses which wont stay, Dont go on the ground and have no experience over the national fences (The last one is the most important for me) you get a nice little shortlist.

The only problem i have with Clan Royal is that Tony McCoy is riding it, he doesn't have that good a record in big races and has never won the national.Hedgehunter would probably be my bet.for an each way chance - Forrest Gunner, got a decent woman jockey on board think it was 66/1 earlier and finished 5th last year.