The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

The Flat Season begins on Saturday - hoorah!

While I make more money during the Winter you can't beat a good day out or Ten at the races on a sunny day. Would anyone be interested in a UKFF jolly out to York Races one day this Summer?

On the betting front I'd normally be opposing ELECTROCUTIONIST in the Dubai World Cup on account of the dreadful price and bad draw the horse has been handed today but there looks to be little else in the race. The recent Godolphin purchase DISCREET CAT is something else in the UAE Derby.

One horse I will be laying in the Lincoln on Saturday is GENTLEMENS DEAL who my source tells me today has a gammy leg but will run anyway.

Today saw the release of a new sports and racing betting paper 'The Sportsman' which will rival the Racing Post - has anyone got it and what do they think of it?

The lovely people at the Tote are offering 11/10 on Electrocusionist still... well they were when I had a little look at about 4oclock.

I couldnt find a papershop in my area selling the Sportsman this morning disapointingly :(

Nice little double (with singles) up today on the gee's from my only 2 selections

- 2:00 @ Lingfield - Riquewihr - 1st.gif @ 3/1

- 4:25 @ Chepstow - Kandjar D'Allier 1st.gif @ 6/5

2:00 @ Lingfield - Riquewihr

I fancied this as well today, which was convenient. Helped recoup some of last week's Cheltenham losses anyway. Exciting race to boot.I have USA to win against Germany tonight at 6.8 on Betfair which seemed far too high for to turn down. I know they don't mean that much but the USA are still the 5th best team in the world according to FIFA and cofidence must be low for Ballack et al after getting thumped by Italy and generally taking a hammering from their own media. 0-0 after half hour gone though.USA! USA!>washes self clean<

Today saw the release of a new sports and racing betting paper 'The Sportsman' which will rival the Racing Post - has anyone got it and what do they think of it?

I bought this as well, but would like to hear some thoughts on it from more experienced gamblers. The sports journalism was pretty poor I thought although the racing coverage seemed extensive enough to my untrained eye. Is it any better than the Post though?

Morning gamblers!

It's going to be bottomless at Redcar for the Lincoln cavalry charge so pick your favourite number/colours/whatever and just hope for the best. I'm still waiting for someone on Betfair to take my place lay on Gentleman's Deal and it's stablemate Blue Spinnaker has a better chance each-way.

Theres some glorious action in the land where they can't bet to finish off the Dubai Carnival. Godolphin were shy on the chances of Discreet Cat being able to beat the unbeaten Simpatico Bribon but the boys in Blue would hate to lose here.Oracle West which has already beaten a lot of the field in the Sheema Classic (3:55) is worth a bet to nothing each-way, the signs are good for Ouija Board.

Have a profitable day folks!

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Had Discreet Cat to win at 2's but that wasn't that difficult to pick to be honest. Didn't really fancy anything else but as I read through the races at work it seemed to me that a lot of horses with Jack in the name were running. So I had Fisherman Jack, Jack's Craic, and Jack The Giant in a 50p round robin. Fisherman Jack won at 15-2, Jack's Craic won at 4-1, and Jack The Giant was a non runner. So my

Had Electrocusionist today (was on a few days ago) Gutted I didnt double up with Discreet Cat as I decided to leave it based on the inexperience.

No horses for me tomorrow, but Ihave had a bet on Birmingham to win at 16-1 against Man U. At those odds in a 2 horse race

Have many accs today that got screwed over by either Watford or Wolves, JFFC? Im guessing there were quite a few who included them.Going for a double tommorow, with Man Utd and Bolton, at around 2/1. We all know what Man Utd should do tommorow ( :sneaky: ), and Im banking on Boro looking past this game and to their game on Thursday. They also played 90 mins a few days ago, which should help.

The first result I looked for when settling the football this afternoon was the Reading match. If they didnt have Reading then they certainly had Watford.I've got a nice little perm acca running over to tomorrowMan UtdDraw or BlackburnAston Villa or Draw GetnaStenhousmuirDraw or ReadingChelsea With the 2 draws that came in with the Villa and Reading games it bring up odds of 40/1 - Just need Man Utd to oblige tomorrow for a payout.