DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members
ts like a film that is trying to celebrate rape and violence by throwing in 60's style softcore sex stuff and pretentiousness.

Congratulations on missing the entire point of the film, retard. A Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece and in todays world is seeming more and more relevant year by year.

Oh no. LaGoosh called me a retard. Ouch. :bored:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Love Actually last night, still Richard Curtis's best film IMO and today watched Welcome To Mooseport. Its got Ray Romano and Gene Hackman in it, nice little easy comedy about a former US President (Hackman) who moves to Mooseport and who ends up running in the election for Town Mayor with Romano.

I'd like to say it was the usual over-hyped Kubrick mess

Which Kubrick films in particular are you referring to here? I'm not looking to string you up, I've only watched a couple of Kubrick films myself. I was just curious.

In particular it's A Clockwork Orange and 2001: A Space Oddessy. Full Metal Jacket is good during the training scenes, but ends up falling apart as a whole. I can barely remember Eyes Wide Shut but I think that was another one.

I quite like Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove though.

I watched A Clockwork Orange in my early teens, so can't really remember it. I remember thinking it was a bit weird. I will watch it again at some point.

Full Metal Jacket is one of my favourite films however. I always view it as 2 mini films, and admit the first part is the better/stronger part. But I still enjoy the whole film and think the second part is better than some war films.

I do think that maybe some of Kubrick's work will be more appreciated on multiple viewings, but I really can't bring myself to sit through A Clockwork Orange again. May give Full Metal Jacket another whirl though.

Full Metal Jacket and A Clockwork Orange work for me, Full Metal Jacket starts with totalitarian control and then switches to anarchy while the opposite is true of A Clockwork Orange.

I have to be honest though, I can accept the accusation that Kubrick films are boring and plodding but to suggest that they are nothing but totally controlled in their direction, I think that's what you meant by the 'Kubrick mess' term, is patently absurd.

Mess may have been the wrong word, I just used it as a substitute for "rubbish" or whatnot.

I watched "let the right one in" last night.

It's an utterly amazing hauntingly beautiful story and excellently acted in by all involved.

I hope it gets a UK release, as its definitely something i want to see on the big screen

• Paid Members
He also pointed out that you missed the entire point of the film, which you spectacularly did.

Its hard to fully grasp the concept of a film you're not enjoying a minute of.

Watched Love Actually last night, still Richard Curtis's best film IMO

Agreed. I actually watched it last night (not inspired by your post, just felt like watching an xmas film I like) and I still laugh and smile at the same places. Just a great film. Also, on viewing, I have found my wedding song. Songbird by Eva Cassidy. Perfect.

I watched Mulholland Drive. I forgot that this was a David Lynch movie for a good portion of it and then it all went pear shaped. I decided to have a look around at some theories, and there's one that stuck with me, so now the movie "makes sense". I enjoyed it immensly even on first viewing, which had me thinking "what just happened ?" afterwards.

• Paid Members
He also pointed out that you missed the entire point of the film, which you spectacularly did.

Its hard to fully grasp the concept of a film you're not enjoying a minute of.

Bullshit. You're an idiot.

Hey look everyone, Kendal mint cake is chatting shit again. Awesome. You must have had something to drink, or have just decided to be incredibly (and randomly) abusive towards me for no reason. In either case though it's a bit of a waste as you and anything you have to say are of the very littlest interest to me.