DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Shark Tale - im behind on animated movies, so im doing abit of catching up. The names involved in the voicing is what attracted me to Shark Tale (despite a pretty low rating over on imdb, 5.9). This was fucking excellent, i think i actually preferred to Finding Nemo, maybe not as touching but it was definatly funnier. I don't really see where the negativity of the movie comes from but this was grade A entertainment for me, 90mins of pure escapism. Me will watch this again. I like these animated movies :)

The Reaping - decent religious horror movie, this is another movie that took crud loads of stick from the press but it was pretty cool. I dunno why but i'm always interested in these religious based horror films, they just appeal to me for some reason. Anyway's this is based around the ten plagues coming back, a few nice little twists in the tale and the effects are pretty impressive (the locust swarm is fucking brilliant). Not as bad as you may think, worth your time if you liked shit like Stigmata, any of The Exorcist movies, The Sin Eater etc.

• Moderators

I watched Blades of Glory last night...

I normally hate Will Ferrell, but my flatmate rented this so I thought I'd give it a chance anyway (mostly because it has Will Arnett in it).

But I really enjoyed it.. it's dumb and ridiculous, but very funny..

It wasn't just the Will Ferrell Show as well, because it had Will Arnett (Gob Bluth) and Napoleon Dynamite in it, so that was cool.

A lot better than I thought it would be; and a few really hilarious moments.

Edited by Who has called me Hage?

• Paid Members

Taxi DriverI liked this.. It was a good film.. had a good story and seeing Jodie Foster that young was as wrong as Natalie Portman in Leon The Professional!Whilst it was a good movie.. it wasnt as good as some people made it out to be. I still think The Departed is better.. Goodfellas is better... but this was miles ahead of Donnie Brasco.Id probably give it a 7/10 if I was to rate it.A Bronx Tale is next!

Rush HourIn preperation for the third installment out next week i think, i bought the first two films on a dvd box set. I never realised that the series started 9 years ago! I think this was the first time i'd seen this film since it was at the cinema, whereas i've seen rush hour II many times. A very fun film, but not as good as the second one i dont think. Maybe i'm biased cos i've seen it so many times. Tucker and Chan are very funny and perform some great fight scenes. Tucker's character does get very annoying at times tho, which i didnt think that in the second movie. Oh and all movies should have a blooper reel at the end, one of the highlights of the film. I hope they do that with part 3 as well!7.5/10

Rush HourIn preperation for the third installment out next week i think, i bought the first two films on a dvd box set. I never realised that the series started 9 years ago! I think this was the first time i'd seen this film since it was at the cinema, whereas i've seen rush hour II many times. A very fun film, but not as good as the second one i dont think. Maybe i'm biased cos i've seen it so many times. Tucker and Chan are very funny and perform some great fight scenes. Tucker's character does get very annoying at times tho, which i didnt think that in the second movie. Oh and all movies should have a blooper reel at the end, one of the highlights of the film. I hope they do that with part 3 as well!7.5/10

That's surely in Jackie's contract - too have a blooper reel at the end of all his movies.