DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

The Mummy - Curse of The Dragon Emperor - at least i think thats the title. Missed this at the cinema, but decided the check it out. Really like the first Mummy film, 2nd one was kinda shitty. This was also shitty as an actual movie, i know alot has been made of Maria Bello's performance and rightfully so, it was cringeworthy, and the inclusion of the O'Connolls son like they did it was pretty pointless (and he sucked too). But on an effects-front this film was pretty awesome. I couldn't really give a toss for anything going on in the story, but all the action set pieces were alot of fun and the brisk running time made it a easy watch.

This film is being hated as much as any that came out this year, i don't really see why (it's a family aimed blockbuster, i think people expect too much from the these kinda movies). But if you're a fan of big action/fantasy set pieces it's worth your time.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Halloween film is it where Myers is revealed to be the chosen one of some demonic occult (or something)...because that one fucking sucks.

Halloween 6: The Curse Of Michael Myers. It is rather poo but it does have Paul Rudd.
Yes, yes it does :love:

• Paid Members

just watched Halloween 6 - it does take the Halloween formula and take it off in a weird fucking direction (and it finally explained the ending of Halloween 5, which i never quite understood). The movie has a pretty interesting story when it comes to the making of it. Go over the wikipedia and read the Halloween 6 page, there's some links on there to interviews with the screenwriter. It explains what they were trying to achieve. Wikipedia is a good place to go after movies to find out some more info.

• Paid Members

Legion of The Dead - oh sweet christ no! simpy put, the worst movie i have ever seen. I'm the kinda guy that can kinda enjoy anything, i'll find something of merit to say about pretty much anything. This was shocking in every possible way. Those responsible are Asylum Films, they are the guys that churn out them rip off movies you see on woolworths shelf for

• Paid Members

american history x is on tonight on sky movies modern greats. probably the best film edward nortons ever done.

That wouldn't be hard, Ed Norton's only done two good films. This (although I think it is overrated and very flawed) and Fight Club (which is his actual best film).

Legion of The Dead - oh sweet christ no! simpy put, the worst movie i have ever seen. I'm the kinda guy that can kinda enjoy anything, i'll find something of merit to say about pretty much anything. This was shocking in every possible way. Those responsible are Asylum Films, they are the guys that churn out them rip off movies you see on woolworths shelf for

Edited by DeanoTheGame

american history x is on tonight on sky movies modern greats. probably the best film edward nortons ever done.

That wouldn't be hard, Ed Norton's only done two good films. This (although I think it is overrated and very flawed) and Fight Club (which is his actual best film).
Obviously you haven't seen Rounders