DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

Back once again with the ill behaviour with the ill behaviour...

The Family Stone

Sarah Jessica Parker (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) plays a newly engaged lady who is going to her fianc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next up? Why it's Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde. Yes I've seen the first one.

I can't wait for that one!

• Paid Members

Witherspoon was fairly poor in Walk The Line. She's pretty average, in addition to being a total whore.

Ahem.

Walk The LineVery good but far from perfect. Phoenix and Witherspoon were tremendous though.

Gone Baby Gone

The basic premise is, a little girl is abducted from her bed while her mother was out, and her aunt and uncle hire a couple of local private eyes, played by Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan, to help get info from the tight knit local community. As the story unfolds the characters as well as the audience are presented with some moral dilemmas.

Overall the performances are great, with Affleck and Ed Harris, as a cop leading the investigation, being the most outstanding. Also it was nice to see Morgan Freeman, as the head of the missing children department, play someone a little different to his usual wise old man character. Ben Affleck did a nice job in the direction and script of the film. It

Back once again with the ill behaviour with the ill behaviour... The Family StoneSarah Jessica Parker (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) plays a newly engaged lady who is going to her fianc

Yay, wish death on someone because you don't find them funny!~ Mature.

It's not just because I don't find him funny.I also find him smug and arrogant.
I wouldn't wish death on him, but I agree with the sentiment because:a) He's not remotely funny in anything he's ever done (note: looking awkwardly at the camera does not count as a punchline).b) He gets seems to appear in loads of TV shows and films, but yet he is only able to play one character, himself.

I think as far as Ricky Gervais goes, it says it all that The Office US version is infinitely more funny than the UK version ever was, and I know The Simpsons stopped been funny many,many,many years ago, but that episode he done, God, that was awful beyond even the deepest meanings of the word awful.

Edited by klown

• Moderators

I think as far as Ricky Gervais goes, it says it all that The Office US version is infinitely more funny than the UK version ever was

To be fair, the US Office has had many, many more episodes to bed the characters in. The first season isn't spectacularly great, maybe not even on a par with the British version, and it really doesn't begin to hit its stride until the second and third seasons, at which point it becomes the best sitcom of the last decade.

• Paid Members

I don't know if i've recalled these correctly but I love the parts where they convince Dwight(?) that he's being stalked and they get him to throw his phone off the roof, and the part with the dvd menu going in the corner! :D

I think as far as Ricky Gervais goes, it says it all that The Office US version is infinitely more funny than the UK version ever was

To be fair, the US Office has had many, many more episodes to bed the characters in. The first season isn't spectacularly great, maybe not even on a par with the British version, and it really doesn't begin to hit its stride until the second and third seasons, at which point it becomes the best sitcom of the last decade.
I really cant argue with that point, the first season treaded very similar waters to the UK version, after that when it took on a normal US season approach as far as number of episodes and such, then it really hit it stride. I honestly think that if Gervais has been allowed to continue in that vain with the UK one, it wouldve turned into something horrible.