DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bewitched in tokyo, Hana yori Dango and Gokusen tv shows im currently watching on my dvd player at the moment, excellent japanese drama, also Saiyuuki, iv just ordered the film of it on Sensasian so cant wait to watch that as i caught it over in japan and have the 11 show series dvd.

After buying the dvd a few months this morning I finally got round to watching Dead Man's Shoes.

Using the index on page 200 of this topic I read through other's people's thoughts on this film, and am in total agreement with all but one reviewer (Mr. Seven) in thinking it was a great film.

My only critisizm is the ending scene which failed to hold my interest, a bit of a letdown compared to the first 70 minutes.

Considine was fantastic I thought. Having previously only seen him in 'Hot Fuzz' I will definitely be looking out for some other stuff he's been in.

Mark Briscoe look-a-like Toby Kebbell played his part brilliantly, very believable and sympathetic.

There were also some funny scenes with great lines, most of which were in the drug-dealer scenes.

Best line of the film for me though, was:

Where Richard opens the suitcase to show Herbie his mate dead and chopped up inside it, he says ...

"Do you want to give him a kiss?"

Considine was fantastic I thought. Having previously only seen him in 'Hot Fuzz' I will definitely be looking out for some other stuff he's been in.Mark Briscoe look-a-like Toby Kebbell played his part brilliantly, very believable and sympathetic.

:laugh: Had the exact same thought when Kebbell apeared on The Street a few weeks ago.Great film, great performance's and Shane Meadow's is a genius. Can't wait to finally see This Is England.

Last night I watched Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy an excellent film really enjoyed the story and the special effects really enhanced it. I liked the gun you zap at someone to see someone elses point of view that was classic :cool:By the way has anyone else watched the original series before to compare it? I recall seeing some of it but was only little at the time.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Watched 'I Am Legend' the other day. I really enjoyed it for the most part. It was quite tense, emotional and scary at points. I didn't like the ending though, and if the "vampires" were done with actors in make-up rather than complete CG it would have been a ton better. Gotta' give props to Will Smith here though as he is really great all the way through.

I'm currently about a quarter of the way through watching Star Wars with my son, stopped watching it while he wraps prezzies with the wife. It's still one of my all time fave films although I probably like Return of the Jedi best out of the original trilogy due to my age seeing it when it first came out, collecting the toys and the stickers :cool: It's nice watching films with my son that his grandad worked on especially when he'll never be able meet him as he died long before he was born. My wifes dad as I may have mentioned on here before did flying scenes and stunts in films using wires and harness and is on the credits for Superman and Flash Gordon but worked on many other productions.Being into martial arts it is interesting to see those influences with Star Wars such the use of the word master, the force which can be compared to Chi and the light sabres being a sci-fi version of swords.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

As far as I can tell, nothing of note happened in this movie. At least with the first one, you had a great sense of satisfaction from it. This time ... nothing. Just a bunch of fighting amongst each other and a storyline that goes absolutely nowhere. No doubt that the final movie will put that to rest, but this was just not worth a minute of my time.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's ChestAs far as I can tell, nothing of note happened in this movie. At least with the first one, you had a great sense of satisfaction from it. This time ... nothing. Just a bunch of fighting amongst each other and a storyline that goes absolutely nowhere. No doubt that the final movie will put that to rest, but this was just not worth a minute of my time.

I wouldn't count on it mate, the 3rd ones just as bad if not worse.

After buying the dvd a few months this morning I finally got round to watching Dead Man's Shoes.Using the index on page 200 of this topic I read through other's people's thoughts on this film, and am in total agreement with all but one reviewer (Mr. Seven) in thinking it was a great film.My only critisizm is the ending scene which failed to hold my interest, a bit of a letdown compared to the first 70 minutes.Considine was fantastic I thought. Having previously only seen him in 'Hot Fuzz' I will definitely be looking out for some other stuff he's been in.Mark Briscoe look-a-like Toby Kebbell played his part brilliantly, very believable and sympathetic.There were also some funny scenes with great lines, most of which were in the drug-dealer scenes.Best line of the film for me though, was:

Where Richard opens the suitcase to show Herbie his mate dead and chopped up inside it, he says ...

"Do you want to give him a kiss?"

The DVD was