DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 Year Old VirginI smiled all the way through this film, silly, funny and very warm all at the sametime. There were a few 'cringe' moments, oh and the Waxing scene had me in fitsof laughter I peed myself a little. Good movie.

The thing I love about this film is that you can tell its a lot of guys having a laugh. I noticed a lot of the improv in the movie and was quite thrilled to find out I wasn't just imagining it.And the end sequence was marvelous.

I had puffy eyes too. From laughing. I cheered when Benigini was finally put out of his misery.

Why?Are you a member of the 'New Hitler Youth'?
No, I just thought it was a ham-fisted repulsive piece of shit, and Benigini was so intolerable I was counting the minutes until his inevitable death. Sadly, it took place offscreen.

• Paid Members

How in the name of fuck is when it was made relevant? Should everyone know the endings of every movie ever made or something just because they are old?This is a film review thread so people can get recommendations for what films they might want to check out. Not a thread for people to spoil the endings for people who haven't seen the movies yet. There's a spoiler button for a reason, you idiot.

Crank

I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned action flick and my god did this film ever deliver! Crank is essentially eighty minutes of fighting, swearing, shooting, running and hilarity. There's no bullshit romantic sub-plot here, no lesson to be learned and this definately isn't the sort of film your girlfriend would want to watch.

Jason Statham is pissed, he's pissed because he's been poisoned with a lethal toxin called 'The Beijing Cocktail' which is slowly killing him, he quickly learns that the only way he can stay alive long enough to get revenge is to keep the flow of adrenaline in his body constant. With that in mind Statham takes us on a trip across LA where he hacks off the body parts of badguys, drives through a shopping centre, harasses hospital staff and patients, saves his dimwit girlfriend and beats up innocent bystanders all in the pursuit of vengeance. There's nothing Statham won't do to achieve his goal but this isn't just a run of the mill action film, there's lots of hilarious comedic moments and some interesting visual effects that I've never seen in this sort of film before.

If you've got a load of friends over and you're looking for an entertaining, can't-fail action film with a splash of comedy you should definately check this one out.

Statham takes us on a trip across LA where he hacks off the body parts of badguys, drives through a shopping centre, harasses hospital staff and patients, saves his dimwit girlfriend and beats up innocent bystanders all in the pursuit of vengeance.

SPOILERZ ASSHOLE!!1

Statham takes us on a trip across LA where he hacks off the body parts of badguys, drives through a shopping centre, harasses hospital staff and patients, saves his dimwit girlfriend and beats up innocent bystanders all in the pursuit of vengeance.

SPOILERZ ASSHOLE!!1
OH NOES!!1

• Paid Members

Arrested Development Season OneWhy had I never heard of this ? Anyways, this is absolutely fantastic stuff. Micheal and Gob are up there with my favourite TV characters ever. The only two characters I actually dislike so far are the Lucilles. The flashbacks are normally a highlight of the episodes. My favourite one being the one where ...

Buster runs through a window when his mother walks onto the balcony.

I've heard that the show isn't even on anymore, which is a pain in my ass. Still, I'm glad to get around to seeing it at all.

Yes the show only had 3 seasons, ending in early 2006.I still havnt watched S3 yet, im still savouring the goodness of one and two. Season 2 is awesome you have Gob and Franklin to look forward to *cough* sig *cough*. Not forgetting Tobias dressed like Mrs Doubtfire. Fucking awesome show.

• Moderators

CrankI'm a sucker for a good old fashioned action flick and my god did this film ever deliver! Crank is essentially eighty minutes of fighting, swearing, shooting, running and hilarity. There's no bullshit romantic sub-plot here, no lesson to be learned and this definately isn't the sort of film your girlfriend would want to watch. Jason Statham is pissed, he's pissed because he's been poisoned with a lethal toxin called 'The Beijing Cocktail' which is slowly killing him, he quickly learns that the only way he can stay alive long enough to get revenge is to keep the flow of adrenaline in his body constant. With that in mind Statham takes us on a trip across LA where he hacks off the body parts of badguys, drives through a shopping centre, harasses hospital staff and patients, saves his dimwit girlfriend and beats up innocent bystanders all in the pursuit of vengeance. There's nothing Statham won't do to achieve his goal but this isn't just a run of the mill action film, there's lots of hilarious comedic moments and some interesting visual effects that I've never seen in this sort of film before. If you've got a load of friends over and you're looking for an entertaining, can't-fail action film with a splash of comedy you should definately check this one out.

Man.. I was so gutted when I saw the trailer for this. The plot looks like great fun, but Jason Statham is a completely intolerable cunt, so I don't think I'll be able to watch this...

40 Year Old VirginI smiled all the way through this film, silly, funny and very warm all at the sametime. There were a few 'cringe' moments, oh and the Waxing scene had me in fitsof laughter I peed myself a little. Good movie.

The thing I love about this film is that you can tell its a lot of guys having a laugh. I noticed a lot of the improv in the movie and was quite thrilled to find out I wasn't just imagining it.And the end sequence was marvelous.
:DIndeed it was. Really like Wedding Crashers, if you want something silly to laugh at point your eyes in this film's direction! :D

• Paid Members

Arrested Development Season OneWhy had I never heard of this ? Anyways, this is absolutely fantastic stuff. Micheal and Gob are up there with my favourite TV characters ever. The only two characters I actually dislike so far are the Lucilles. The flashbacks are normally a highlight of the episodes. My favourite one being the one where ...

Buster runs through a window when his mother walks onto the balcony.

I've heard that the show isn't even on anymore, which is a pain in my ass. Still, I'm glad to get around to seeing it at all.

Yes the show only had 3 seasons, ending in early 2006.I still havnt watched S3 yet, im still savouring the goodness of one and two. Season 2 is awesome you have Gob and Franklin to look forward to *cough* sig *cough*. Not forgetting Tobias dressed like Mrs Doubtfire. Fucking awesome show.
Season 3 wasn't as good as the first 2, they had to tie up the story in less time than I'd have liked them to as it seemed a bit rushed, still awesome though.

• Paid Members

Saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. Just brilliant. Cheers to all those who recommended it in here, it really was a fantastic film. I've never been one for fairy tales but this one swept me away. Horrifying in parts, beautifully emotive in others. If only all cinema experiences could be as absorbing and rewarding as this.