DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

LayercakeSecond time I'd watched it and it had lost a lot of it's appeal on a repeat viewing. The story became more exposed on a second viewing as having plenty of holes and "what the fucks" in them, the acting was pretty good though, with Michael Gambon being the best don gangster boss they could have gotten, it's all in his voice, and Daniel Craig did a decent job in the lead with an interesting character, but could have and should have made more of it.It's let down by the story, but it had some very beautiful set pieces and made London seem like a cool place to shoot films without a Beefeater in sight. Could have been better, but still enjoyable.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2001 Maniacs

Not much alse to say but watch this film now!!!! it has all what you want in a good horror

Gore/Sick Kills

Fit Birds

Sex/Tits

Crazy Hillbillies/Sheep Shaggers

Robert Englund (Freddy-Nightmare On Elm Street) & even Mad Man Pondo

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264323/

Well worth the 12 quid in my view :) anyone alse seen it yet ???

• Paid Members

Definitive 'Nam movie?Full Metal Jacket.

Not really. The training part is excellent but the film isn't anything special after that. And the fact it's filmed in London Docklands kinds of takes the realism away from it.I'd say Apocolypse Now, because even thought it isn't the most realistic of war movies the complete insanity and sensless violence is completely engrossing.

I'd say Apocolypse Now, because even thought it isn't the most realistic of war movies the complete insanity and sensless violence is completely engrossing.

Yeh but 'Now is not really about the 'Nam war. Instead I would say it was about Sheen's mission and dissent into cold blooded killer, painted on the backdrop of war. You could probably still have that film (in one form or another) with any war as its context.Ok, I was wrong. Earlier in the thread I slagged off Human Traffic saying it was only funny when your fucked. I watched it on Sat night (stone cold sober) and really enjoyed. Sure, its idealistic in terms of relationships but it picks up the club culture perfectly. I probably enjoy it more know as I can relate to the references and culture.I watched the Descent last night for the second time. It is a very very good horror film and it still makes me jump out of my skin. Its so atmsopheric, althought it does drag towards the end.

2001 ManiacsNot much alse to say but watch this film now!!!! it has all what you want in a good horrorGore/Sick KillsFit BirdsSex/TitsCrazy Hillbillies/Sheep ShaggersRobert Englund (Freddy-Nightmare On Elm Street) & even Mad Man Pondohttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264323/Well worth the 12 quid in my view :) anyone alse seen it yet ???

I saw it about 6 months ago. It is an enjoyable enough movie but did seem to be missing something and felt pretty pointless in the end. It is never really boring (it has blood, nudity, lesbians, incest, bestiality, cannibalism, racism, homophobia), the death-scenes are fun to watch, and the gore effects are effective (even if they do look cheap). But from what I remember it is pretty clich

Just caught 'Dead Man's Shoes' on Channel 4.What an amazing film - easily one of the best British films of modern times. Paddy Considine is brillant as the pyschotic Richard, and Toby Kebell plays the backwards Anthony to the point you can actually feel your heart strings being plucked and tightened.The beautiful backdrop of the East-Midland countryside, the unsteady cam and super-detailed use of direction makes it stand a mile out.Plus a script so water tight it would make the Titanic blush, and a supporting cast that astound make this film an absolute classic.

• Paid Members

Backdraft - considering im a big fan of Kurt Russell & Robert De Niro, watching this has been a long time coming...cool film, part-brothers-coming-together, part-detective flick. Some great performances (William Baldwin the surprising standout) and it has to be said, the best fire fighting scenes ive ever seen (they look stupidly dangerous) make for a fun viewing experience. The only let down is the few cheesy slow motion 'nnoooooooooooooo' kinda scenes Ron Howard chucks in, they just made the room crack up in laughter.

Just caught 'Dead Man's Shoes' on Channel 4.What an amazing film - easily one of the best British films of modern times. Paddy Considine is brillant as the pyschotic Richard, and Toby Kebell plays the backwards Anthony to the point you can actually feel your heart strings being plucked and tightened.The beautiful backdrop of the East-Midland countryside, the unsteady cam and super-detailed use of direction makes it stand a mile out.Plus a script so water tight it would make the Titanic blush, and a supporting cast that astound make this film an absolute classic.

So why the hell did i watch HOSTEL over that :( Very dissapointed with this film, it just lacked a certain spark and whist it made me squeemish at times i was expecting so much more. Not something id go out of my way to watch again.

Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2.These are two films that I've always said I had seen as a kid but can't remember much about them. Now I don't think I did ever see them before.Inspired by the first films placing in a recent "Top 50 Comedy Movies Of All Time" thing on E4 I bought the dvd trilogy for

Just caught 'Dead Man's Shoes' on Channel 4.

What an amazing film - easily one of the best British films of modern times.

Paddy Considine is brillant as the pyschotic Richard, and Toby Kebell plays the backwards Anthony to the point you can actually feel your heart strings being plucked and tightened.

The beautiful backdrop of the East-Midland countryside, the unsteady cam and super-detailed use of direction makes it stand a mile out.

Plus a script so water tight it would make the Titanic blush, and a supporting cast that astound make this film an absolute classic.

Couldn't agree more...

Also had the pleasure of watching an ENTIRE balamory dvd from 04:27 this morning thanks to my son!

So why the hell did i watch HOSTEL over that Very dissapointed with this film, it just lacked a certain spark and whist it made me squeemish at times i was expecting so much more. Not something id go out of my way to watch again.
I hate to say it, but you've missed out - BIG TIME.I didn't mind Hostel, it was mindless and stupid and attention seeking, but it was fun on a big screen at Cineworld.

Godfather part 3: I was never a massive fan of the first two, but I can see why people think this is an inferior follow up. While it has it's moments, it just lacks the spark the first two did. Al Pacino is as great as

ever as Michael and it's sad to see what he's become, I also thought Andy Garcia was good as his volatile nephew.

Sophia Coppola, however, is as bad as everyone says. This is highlighted further by the fact she's surrounded by such talented actors. It' almost embarressing to watch . Any actress in Hollywood could have done a better job.

Apart from the last couple of scenes of the film, it never really manges to be anything special.

Edited by Garrett

24:Series 1: Finally got around to watching this show after numerous friends recommended it. 24 is fucking awesome, I found it almost addictive. I got through the entire series in 2 sittings, staying up most parts of two nights. Bring on Series 2.

Where The Buffalo Roam: Bill Murray as Hunter S. Thompson.. Follows some adventures of the famous journalist. Being a fan of Hunter S Thompson