DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members

The last movie I watched was (and don't snigger) Under the Cherry Moon starring Prince. I first saw it many years ago about 1am after coming home from the pub and was so shocked that such a terrible film had been made. Naturally, it plagued me for years and I eventually felt compelled to buy it and find out if it really was as bad as I remembered. Oh my god. It was worse. Or should that be better? I just cannot explain this film.

If you want to experience something like no other then watch this - you will not believe your eyes. or ears.

and then you'll probably want to punch me.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I have started up a film night on wednesdays where we take it in turns to present a film to the group.

This week it was my turn and I picked All About Eve. It's an absolutely brilliant film from 1950 starring Bette Davis and Anne Baxter. Coming in at number 68 in the imdb top 250, this film is a classic, and for those of us who are enjoying the Mickie James/Trish Stratus angle on Raw, this film is clearly the basis for that and similar angles.

As one of my mates said, "It's the type of film that it wouldn't occur to me to watch, but i'm really glad I did". I would recommend it to all.

5/5

• Paid Members

Rush Hour 2 - i love both Rush Hour movies, just sheer entertainment...Chris Tucker is fucking hilarious, mix his humour up with Jackie Chan stunts and it works a fucking treat. Great stuff, always lightens the mood.

• Paid Members

No Escape - early nineties escape movie, i dunno why but i love these kinda movies. This film has a pretty good cast, (Ray Liotta, Lance Henriksen) and is about a group of prisoners who are kept on an island...the prisoners form two groups (the insiders and outsiders) and they kinda goto war, all whilst the insiders hatch a plan to escape. It's a dumb film but its and easy watch...the opening half hour is pretty much like Fortress so if you like shit like tha, check this!

Barton Fink - Coen's Brothers movies rule, this one is no exception...about a screen writer who gets writers block and is shacked up in a dirty old hotel loosing his mind. Im telling you, if you like movies that make you think and go 'What the fuck was that about' check this out...ive been reading theories about it and its fucking my head up. Great stuff!

Watched Wedding Crashers and Into The Blue last night.Into the blue was pretty good, seeing Jessica Alba in her knickers and bra gave me a hardon :love: Wedding Crashers was great, a really funny film. I carn't remember the last time i laughed so much at a Movie.

MirrorMask

A pretty good film which is entertaining, visually impressive, and takes place in an interesting and imaginative world. The plot is unimpressive though (it is basic, linear, and not particularly original), the characters are under-developed and most have no real depth to them, and the film on the whole is pretty uneven (it seems to jumps around from one set-piece to the next set-piece). There are lots of potentially interesting characters in the movie who are never really developed, and a potentially interesting world which is also never developed! There is a good cast though (Rob Brydon, Jason Barry, Gina McKee, Dora Bryan, Robert Llewellyn, Stephen Fry, Andy Hamilton), and a good central performance from Stephanie Leonidas as the main character Helena.

The film has hints and elements of other films/stories including Alice in Wonderland, Labyrinth, Chronicles of Narnia, & Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

**1/2