DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Oh and everyone needs to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's out on dvd now so no excuses.

I have to agree. The DVD is shit though (no extras), but the film is very good and worth watching. Edited by DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Lucky Number Slevin.Was looking forward to seeing this and was really impressed with it. Didn't really see the twist coming (Honestly!). Nice idea I thought, something I'd never seen before. Thought the acting was good. Willis is awesome. Morgan Freeman as a heel is wicked. I'll probably buy this when it comes out.Breakfast ClubWas on TV the other night, a must watch!Bender is an awesome badass punk kid in this. great idea for a film, the principle always reminds me of Vince McMahon, he even has the swagger! Can someone tell me if this film was huge when it came out?Hills Have EyesI haven't seen the original and didn't really know much of what the film was about before hand.Tthought this was pretty good too. Like many others have said I couldn't really get behind him at all, even when the baby had gone. i was hoping the dog would be the only one left at the end. Some nice jobs with the freaks. Would have liked to have seen more of the government testing subject. :thumbsup:

Red Eye (Korean)

IMDB Link

A pretty entertaining and pretty interesting film at times, with the basic plot of a ghost story set on a haunted train. The movie starts off well enough, but after the half-way mark (about 45-minutes in) the film really starts to lose its way - it gets unnecessarily confusing and in the end the movie is pretty much a mess of ideas and plot twists which are never explained! There are also hints of The Ring (and other similar films) throughout the film.

(**)

V For Vendetta

I've been waiting a long time to see this and in the process my anticipation rose, so did it live up to the hype? Yes and no. It's very, very good, and often quite brilliant, but there are a few problems, most notably some big changes from the original story and pacing, but nothing that makes it overtly suffer. Natalie Portman is okay, her accent doesn't slip nearly as much as some critics have stated, but she is still miscast as Evey. Also, changing her from a prostitute to a working girl was a dumb move as her character is supposed to be at the bottom of the barrel, instead she's relatively normal.

The first 20 minutes or so are very shaky, and I was worried I was going to hate the film, but it picked up considerably not long afterwards.

So yeah, not perfect, but still great.

Guest Dan Fears Satan

Has no one seen The Proposition yet? Pretty outstanding, great performances sets and plot, easily a **** movie.

50 first dates: I really loved this film and its one of the best sandler movies ever. The ending was really poingnant and didn't insult the audince's intelleigence by going for any "miracle cures" for Lucy's condition. Date movie: Am I the only one that liked this movie? While it;s not a classic by any means, a lot of the jokes were funny, particularly the michael Jackson one and the dance at the start.The ultimate weapon: Hulk hogan movie from 1993. Dare I say it was so bad it was good...

Catch Me If You Can

An enjoyable breezy movie, Spielberg just telling a good tale with the aim to entertain. It had me watching with a smile on my face for a lot of the movie and a justifiable and satisfactory ending. It tells the story of Frank Abagnale Jr., the best conmen of modern times, by 21 he was a doctor, lawyer and pilot and had scammed

• Paid Members

Seen "Missing in Action 2", which is scarily the first Chuck Norris film I have in my collection.A very underrated action film with tons of bombs and shooting which I like. Its like Platoon but with Chuck Norris.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

Seen "Missing in Action 2", which is scarily the first Chuck Norris film I have in my collection.A very underrated action film with tons of bombs and shooting which I like. Its like Platoon but with Chuck Norris.

Delta Force is what you want, only costs a few quid so fucking get it! i cherish my Chuck Norris dvd collection :)

• Paid Members

Bought These DVD's on sale at HMVGoodfellasThe Godfather TrilogyHarold And Kumar Get The MunchiesBoyz In The HoodDunno what to watch first any suggestions?

Boyz In The HoodIt's one of my favorite films. Really great stuff.

I watched One Hour Photo last night, starring Robin Williams, who is one of my favourite film actors, and directed by Mark Romanek, a music video director. It is a very slow-moving film that doesn't actually move very far anyway... but for some reason it keeps you entirely consumed in the world of the film. There is a tension for the viewer all the way through, mostly because of Williams' supressive calmness in the way he plays Sy. Also because the imagery is so hyper-realistic and symbollic... kind of reminded me of Six Feet Under and the way in which the character's surroundings become a vital element in our understanding of the film. I won't over-rate Williams because I've seen better performances of similar characters by other actors, but I still think he did one of the best jobs of his career. It was great how you never understood why, what and when about his character, Sy, but you ended up feeling sorry for him anyway. Also, I dig beautifully relevant and reflective soundtracks, and this had one of them. Wonderful original score... in fact I might have to buy it. I guess this is a film for those who love design and imagery as well as subtle monologue acting.

7.8/10 :rolleyes:

Edited by Billy "The King" Phatu

After seeing the great bazTNM pimp it on these fine forums on many occasions, I finally watched Scum last night. It is one hell of a movie and it hasn't dated one iota. The final few scenes are truly shocking and it makes for a terrific ending. A very obvious message was told during the film and they sure as fuck convinced me. I also watched Raging Bull a couple of days back. Another classic which is beautifully shot. The decision to go black and white was a very wise one and I especially loved how much the fight scenes and everything else contrasted each other. Thumbs up.