DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I watched the wonderfully over the top Con Air (not for the first time of course) last night. It's just a fun movie with great characters, silly action and it's extremely quotable too. Plus, you have John Malkovich hamming it up looking like a skinny Steve Austin, Colm Meany chewing the scenery and Nic Cage in a mullet sporting a dodgy southern accent and no-selling bullet wounds. What's not to love?

That

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Got a cheapo DVD from Poundland called "The Nutty Nut". How can a movie that has the writing talents of Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell be *so* bad. They even changed their names to the famous "Alan Smithee and R.O.C. Sandstorm". Truly horrible. Heres a write-up on IMDB.com about it..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105034/maindetails

Guest donnie wwf

Recently watched Straight Shooting with Raven and The Sandman.. fucking hilarious shoot with some very entertaining storys. Check it out!also watched Final Destination 1 to get me in the mood for part 3 which I plan on seeing at the weekend. I also caught most of old favourite Human Traffic early this morning on tv! Spliff Politics .. awesomeness~ Other than that I have been watching through series and series of Only Fools and Horses as I am in possession of every episode ever! :D

I watched the wonderfully over the top Con Air (not for the first time of course) last night. It's just a fun movie with great characters, silly action and it's extremely quotable too. Plus, you have John Malkovich hamming it up looking like a skinny Steve Austin, Colm Meany chewing the scenery and Nic Cage in a mullet sporting a dodgy southern accent and no-selling bullet wounds. What's not to love?

Cusack's in it as well. If John Cusack's in it you know it's gold. It was one of the first 5 dvds I bought, when they were all new and spangly.It's fantastic action fluff - "put the bunny back in the box" ~!
My fave bit..."Where you going?""I'm gonna show you God does exist."And then Cage walks up the aisle, kicking bad guy ass along the way, when one of the baddies shoots him in the arm and he no-sells it Undertaker style while the bad guy.... LOOKS AT THE GUN THAT HAS JUST WORKED WITH A QUIZZICAL EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE!!! Cage then beats him down while still no-selling the bullet wound. ~~~~~~~~~

• Paid Members

Wedding Crashers - Will Ferrell is funny, the film is ok. Isla Fisher is in it so it gets 14 stars.House of Wax - What Ebb said pretty much. Really good fun trashy horror film with some really cool visuals. Paris Hilton gets a big spike through her stupid mong-faced head so it gets 23 stars.The 40 year old virgin - This was a good laugh. Didn't need to be a full two hours long, some of the dialogue in the scenes where nothing really happens is tremendous though, especially the conversation about watching Ghandi while baked. Good cameo from Champ Kind too.

• Paid Members

Final Destination 3 - went down for an early showing today...excellent stuff, if you liked the other two your in for a blast, story wise its stupid and far-fetched but that aint the point, the deaths are what its all about and their fucking brilliant in this...

fun shit

Final Destination 3 - went down for an early showing today...excellent stuff, if you liked the other two your in for a blast, story wise its stupid and far-fetched but that aint the point, the deaths are what its all about and their fucking brilliant in this...fun shit

Just got back from this as well and I'll agree with everything you said. It's tongue is planted firmly in its cheek and its funny as hell (funnier than a lot of comedies I've seen recently) and the death's are ridiculously over the top.8/10Brokeback MountainSaw this masterful piece of work as well. A classic love story that should last for years to come. It started off a little slow but then this is just to build up to the fabulous next 90 minutes that tells the story of the rest of their lives once they leave Brokeback Mountain. This was my favourite section of the film, seeing them living normal lives, meeting wives and having kids yet still going to rekindle their love up on Brokeback Mountain every 6 months or so, the ending was terrific too. Deserves any accolade it gets.9/10