WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

I got Mario Galaxy also. It is as breathtaking as everyone else makes out. About 35 stars in so far and it is an absolute joy to play. Ice Mario is the best thing since... well... bee Mario, which is the best thing since realising the total freedom that is the ability to walk all the way around the various planetoids. It boggles the mind. Sweet Sweet galaxy was one of many highlights so far. Old school platforming complete with the Super mario world "scrolling stage" music.

Just started playing this - have only had a couple of sessions but I have to second this... It has totally lived up to the hype for me so far. It's so innovative as well; I can't see them running out of crazy shit for the duration of the game.
Mario vs. Mario, now there's a genius level.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do when you make a Game of the Year-winning title? You make more of it. Call of Duty 4 is getting DLC later this Spring, adding brand new maps for the popular online shooter.According to the press release, "We've demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content," explains Infinity Ward's Community Manager, Robert Bowling. "We're excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can't wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone."Considering CoD4 is the best selling game of last year, we're pretty sure the fine folks at Activision are going to have to build another pool of money to swim in once the DLC gets released.

Call of Duty 4 to get downloadable mapsGreat news. Although it's already very good, a bit more variety in the maps would be welcomed, because there are a few that are complete shit (Backlot, for example).

• Admin

I completed Mario Galaxy a couple of weeks ago getting all 120 stars. What an absolutely beautiful game, I've enjoyed it more than any game in years. Some of those purple coin levels at the end are really tough.There is a 121st star but in order to get to that I have to go through the whole thing again with Luigi. Gits.

• Moderators

I completed Mario Galaxy a couple of weeks ago getting all 120 stars. What an absolutely beautiful game, I've enjoyed it more than any game in years. Some of those purple coin levels at the end are really tough.There is a 121st star but in order to get to that I have to go through the whole thing again with Luigi. Gits.

Haha... It's a Mario game, what do you expect!?Anyway, I quite like the sound of that.. it'll give me a good excuse to play through it all again... (otherwise I would play a few levels here and there again, but would be too lazy to commit to doing every level)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

As long as SFIV retains Third Strike's fluidity and speed then I am fully behind the swanky new visuals. Not that sure about them using so many of the original SF2 characters. I understand it's supposed to be a return to the core values of the series and that everyone loves them, but personally I found the blend of old faces and new blood in SF3 to be refreshing. Sure, not all of them worked, but I don't think you need Guile back when Remy is his natural evolution and generally much better, as blasphemous as that might be to some. Similarly, Balrog is so limited and basic when compared with the awesome Dudley. Also, I hate Dhalsim. Their attempt to sort of meld Blanka and Dhalsim into Necro may have failed, but I liked the thinking behind it. I'm not saying they should re-use the Third Strike lot, but rather that they sprinkle in a healthy dose of new faces to stop it feeling like a re-make.

I been mostly playing Halo 3 and PES2008, but they don't need much more coverage from me.

I also picked up some cheap 360 games. Dead Rising is one of the few 360 games that appealed during the first six months of the console's life and I'd been meaning to pick it up for a while. Got it for

Also picked up Sega Rally an Virtua Tennis 3. Combine that with my dipping in and out of [v]Virtua Fighter 5[/b] and it's like having a new Saturn/Dreamcast. *sobs*. All three are beautiful to look at and tremendously playable.

I still have the Dreamcast set up in the conservatory with Sega Rally 2. Have to say I hated the new one, where were the leader boards? One of the appeals of the old SR games was that everyime you played it you had to aim for a top three stage time and then a leaderboard time for the overall season, it just kept you coming back to go that little bit quicker. The new one didn't work for me, tracks were too long and you did too many laps - it didn't have that short snap to it that made the original's so appealing.

Got rid of my 360 the other day as it hadn't been used in over a month, and am now happily playing my way through Star Wars Lego and Need For Speed Underground Pro Street on the ps3, Sonic and Mario on the DS, and various bits for the DS Lite I got with the proceeds..

• Paid Members

I just completed Gitaroo Man in 35 mins~

I had head how good that game was ages ago, finally got a copy, and completed it immediately... tried playing the unlocked harder version of the game, no go...But it isn't the amazingly fun game everyone seems to rave about, it's pretty mediocre.