WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Awards Moderator

PoP: Sands Of Time is absolutely fantastic, I loved this game from start to finish. The sequels weren't anywhere near as playable in my opinion.

A real highlight of the 'last' generation. I still have the second PoP sequel in a drawer, never played. What kind of freak am I?

Black2: Metroid Prime really is fantastic isn't it? I played it all the way to the final final boss which I still cannot beat. Since I originally got to it about 2 years ago I've booted the Gamecube up a couple of times to try and beat it and I still can't :( . It deeply saddens me, to this day. I even played it once on the Wii recently with a similar outcome. Still, an absolutely terrfic game but I can't bring myself to play Echoes or any other Metroid games until I finish Prime :( .

Oh I knew it was good, I just shelved it for no reason. I will finish it :angry:

That said, play my DS every now and then, if only for Yoshi Touch & Go which thanks to JLM's praise and my utter ineptness at trading the right games in (Sonic Rush is lost forever :( ) I stuck with and have since fell in love with it. It really is a brilliant game which makes great use of the touch screen. I'm currently looking out for a cheap copy of Kirby: Power Paintbrush which is developed by the same team. Has anyone played it?

Everyone's raving about Slitherlink. Is this really any good?

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, I also went to an Arcade recently, it has been far too long. Played House of the Dead 4, which was a whole lot of fun. The gimmick is that the guns respond to being shaken, which is used to reload instead of the usual shoot away, and also to frantically shake off the zombies if they manage to grab you. Also, the guns are big, beefy Uzi things. This game could cause serious shoulder pain, but it somehow seems worth it. I'm itching to trey out the full sized version of the new Afterburner Arcade game. Even at a ludicrous

• Admin

Sega have got to port that to the Wii! If they could develop an uzi-holster for the Wiimote in the style of the Dreamcast Light gun (i.e you plug the wiimote straight into the top of the gun) it would be brilliant. The shake to reload motion as well has a little bit of feedback from the rumble would be possible.Imagine having a two player game with two guns each! Man, they could even offer a shotgun holster as well.* creams pants *

• Paid Members

STILL regularly playing GHII. Still one of the top games ever made... and the only main song I can't nail on expert is freaking Freebird... 5 minutes of boredom (the song rocks, the first 5 minutes to play are dull... but that's me personally, it's just too slow when ya just waiting for that fast bit to kick in), and then it goes nuts... and ya end up failing... bastard!

It's so repetitive though! Lots and lots of hammer-ons. Jordan, now that's a nightmare. Buckethead is an arsehole.
Jordan's easy... on the Hard setting anyway... on expert? Not a hope in hell. I remember reading somewhere that he'd made a comment that if he ever did a song for Guitar Hero, he'd start with a nice easy part, then just jam for ages, just to piss people off... methinks he did just that.

I thought Eternal Darkness was a pretty good game. Moved along at a good pace, and I seem to remember some pretty good scary/creepy moments from it. The fact that I havent heard anything about a sequal seems to suggest it didnt sell very well.Lately, Ive become obsessed with Wii Sports Tennis. I now have a rating of just over 2000. Easily my favourate game from Wii Sports (with boxing being the worst).

• Paid Members

I rarely play anything other than bowling on it now. Do you get anything for getting to 1000 or 2000 on Tennis, like the Pro status and shiny stars on your ball for bowling?

• Paid Members

I haven't played GH or GHII in aaages. I stopped for a while because I had a really sore shoulder from playing so much. I couldn't lift anything with my right arm. I really need to get back into it again. I have problems when you have to use all four fingers though and I haven't even attempted all 5 buttons yet! I have very short fingers and not much control over my little finger so using 4 buttons is a struggle for me.I also go the Prince of Persia trilogy for my birthday which I haven't played much. I like it but I remember getting stuck in one of the rooms and not being able to get out so I gave up and went back to Lego Star Wars for a while.

• Admin

I rarely play anything other than bowling on it now. Do you get anything for getting to 1000 or 2000 on Tennis, like the Pro status and shiny stars on your ball for bowling?

According to gamefaqs you don't. The only unlockables are the special ball for bowling and gloves for boxing. There are some easter eggs for golf (play without any meters) and tennis (play on the practise court) but that's it really.

Guest Brainbuster~

So yeah, currently playing..

Xbox 360

Gears of War

Oblivion: Shivering Isles Expansion

Final Fantasy XI

PlayStation 3

Formula One: Championship Edition

Resistance: Fall of Man

Nintendo Wii

Zelda: Twilight Princess

PC

World of Warcraft

Supreme Commander

- Y`know, working in the industry really helps. - ;)

Edited by Brainbuster~

Dream setlists for Guitar Hero III? Mine would be something like:'Don't Fear The Reaper' by Blue Oyster Cult 'Sultans of Swing' by Dire Straits 'The Number of the Beast' by Iron Maiden 'Back In Black' by AC/DC 'Rebel, Rebel' by David Bowie 'The Ytse Jam' by Dream Theater 'Layla' by Eric Clapton 'Times Like These' by Foo Fighters 'Going Underground' by The Jam 'Voodoo Child (Slight Return)' by The Jimi Hendrix Experience 'Painkiller' by Judas Priest 'Stairway to Heaven' by Led Zeppelin (just for irony's sake!) 'Peace Sells' by Megadeth 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica 'Plug In Baby' by Muse 'Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)' by Neil Young 'Go With The Flow' by Queens of the Stone Age 'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead 'Sleep Now In The Fire' by Rage Against The Machine 'Under The Bridge' by Red Hot Chili Peppers '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction' by The Rolling Stones 'Black Hole Sun' by Soundgarden 'Superstition' by Stevie Wonder 'Stinkfist' by Tool 'Who Are You?' by The Who'All Right Now' by FreeThey'd have to break the bank a fair bit, but meh, it's a dream list!

Edited by The Dude

Current:PSPFootball Manager HandheldB-BoyGTA Vice City StoriesDSMario Vs Donky Kong 2 - March of the Mini's360Madden 07PCWorld of WarcraftLord of the Rings Online - BetaPokerwize

Edited by DJ Stevie C

• Awards Moderator

Dream setlists for Guitar Hero III? Mine would be something like:'Don't Fear The Reaper' by Blue Oyster Cult 'Sultans of Swing' by Dire Straits 'The Number of the Beast' by Iron Maiden 'Back In Black' by AC/DC 'Rebel, Rebel' by David Bowie 'The Ytse Jam' by Dream Theater 'Layla' by Eric Clapton 'Times Like These' by Foo Fighters 'Going Underground' by The Jam 'Voodoo Child (Slight Return)' by The Jimi Hendrix Experience 'Painkiller' by Judas Priest 'Stairway to Heaven' by Led Zeppelin (just for irony's sake!) 'Peace Sells' by Megadeth 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica 'Plug In Baby' by Muse 'Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)' by Neil Young 'Go With The Flow' by Queens of the Stone Age 'Paranoid Android' by Radiohead 'Sleep Now In The Fire' by Rage Against The Machine 'Under The Bridge' by Red Hot Chili Peppers '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction' by The Rolling Stones 'Black Hole Sun' by Soundgarden 'Superstition' by Stevie Wonder 'Stinkfist' by Tool 'Who Are You?' by The Who'All Right Now' by FreeThey'd have to break the bank a fair bit, but meh, it's a dream list!

That's a much better list than I've seen anyone come back with. I've said repeatedly that "All Right Now" could be the new "More Than A Feeling". And I'd bloody love some Who on there. I think "Go With The Flow" is an odd choice, would it really be much fun to play? It's like Monkee's "Fight for your Right", there's too little variation to make it an enjoyable play.I think "Don't Fear The Reaper" and "Layla" are locks for the next game. They're perfect. If they could bust the bank for Stairway it would be awesome, maybe Harmonix should do a begging video like Jack Black did. Actually some Tenacious D would be a blast too, "Master Exploder" or "Wonderboy" would be my choice.And how about some "Importance of Being Idle" by Oasis?

Madden 07 on the box. About 7 (or possibly even 8) years in on franchise mode. Replaced the Pittsburgh Steelers with the London Monarchs and then relocated to Toronto with a smashing dome.I'm finally getting to grips with managing the salary cap and bringing through players. Got a nice franchise QB I drafted 2 seasons ago and a backup who I brought through the ranks and actually won me a Superbowl two seasons ago.Wanted to move back to a 3-4 but I don't have the talent on the field. In the original fantasy draft I had Dwight Freeney, "Big" John Henderson, and Will Smith as my front three meaning I could generate a healthy pass rush with just them. Now with my good DT and decent DEs I can't generate the same pressure so I need an extra Tackle. Now I have a healthy pass rush with 2 300+ lb Tackles. I did have an amazing Left End but I couldn't afford to keep him :(My tip for good drafting is don't sign early round picks to long contracts unless you've got loads of cash (or they're Tom Brady good) as it mounts up, especially in the last 2 years of the contract, but sign later picks to long contracts so you've always got decent depth.

Ah.. JB... One thing, I'm playing superstar mode, as a halfback, enjoying it and just getting into it really... BUT IT'S PEEING ME OFF!!! I can not work out how to change the camera angle, can you? Because the close up camera means you can't see what's coming from the sides so it's almost impossible to block or go outside when the middle is clogged up! Nightmare. It's actually ruining my enjoyment of the game at the moment.