WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members
I bought the Mega Drive Collection yesterday for my Xbox. Streets Of Rage 2 is the fucking king!!! Damn I'd forgotten how awesome it was! Can't get past Stage 6 though :(

Word. It is an incredible collection. All four original Phantasy Stars and even Streets Of Rage 3 are on it. Streets Of Rage 3! Sure the soundtrack is abbrasive and theirs nothing new in it, but it is Streets 2 on speed.

And Golden Axe 1-3. Man Panther. That is all.

It also has Ecco. They can't all be world beaters

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started playing Contra (NES) for the first time in years. I forgot how crazy that game is. Non-stop shooting, enemies coming at you from all angles, just fucking crazy. Plus you only get 2 lives! 2 lives and 3 continues! Just stupidly hard! Had to rediscover the Konami cheat and I'm STILL struggling to get anywhere in the game.

• Paid Members

I'm switching vaguely between playing Warhammer Online and Prototype. Prototype is good cathartic fun, whereas WAR is what I'm investing some real time in. Being forced to play order by a guildmate from wow that plays with me, and as annoying as it is, I'm having a blast

I've finally had my first go on Saints Row 2, after owning it for a good 7-8 months now. Being used to GTA IV, which some people (not me) criticise for its driving controls, I'm having real trouble going back to the older GTA-style vehicle handling of this game - even after switching to the scheme that maps driving controls to the same buttons as GTA IV. Far too sensitive. I keep accidentally ploughing over the top of other cars like I'm behind the wheel of a monster truck.

iPhone/iPod Touch owners need to download "Shift". It's a really clever little platformer and only costs 59p. I'm hooked.

why pay to get it on the iPhone?

Because

1) 59p is nothing

2) I can play it during inevitable train delays during my commute to work

• Paid Members
iPhone/iPod Touch owners need to download "Shift". It's a really clever little platformer and only costs 59p. I'm hooked.

Because

1) 59p is nothing

Sorry, re-reading my full post I sounded like a sarcastic twat, didn't actually mean it to come off that way. Just was more wondering why ye'd pay for it when you can play it online free regardless (and I'm sure you could take the flash file and transfer it to the iPhone normally and thus play it that way through the web browser, even if you don't connect online with it).

Because

1) 59p is nothing

Sorry, re-reading my full post I sounded like a sarcastic twat, didn't actually mean it to come off that way. Just was more wondering why ye'd pay for it when you can play it online free regardless (and I'm sure you could take the flash file and transfer it to the iPhone normally and thus play it that way through the web browser, even if you don't connect online with it).

Equal apologies for treating you like a sarcastic twat. :D I wasn't actually aware it was an online Flash game; you've now ruined my working day. Thanks. :D The iPhone still has "issues" with Flash anyway.

In this .torrent culture, people have got too used to getting stuff for free. 59p for a really fun game with Christ knows how many levels is an absolute steal no matter what platform you play it on.

• Paid Members

Because

1) 59p is nothing

Equal apologies for treating you like a sarcastic twat. :D I wasn't actually aware it was an online Flash game; you've now ruined my working day. Thanks. :D The iPhone still has "issues" with Flash anyway.

In this .torrent culture, people have got too used to getting stuff for free. 59p for a really fun game with Christ knows how many levels is an absolute steal no matter what platform you play it on.

Agreed, 59p is awesome, was just thinking 59p, per game, when you could (in my theory, that you've obviously destroyed :p) get all 4 versions for free, would be a saving of

• 3 weeks later...