WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I Just finished playing the orange box on the 360. awesome. story, graphics and variety of the gameplay too, so it isn't too repetitive.I've yet to play Portal and Team Fortress on the game, but I'm sure I get around to it soon! Mass Effect!

The Orange Box really is an outstanding package. Play Portal during your breaks from Mass effect, it's a short but sublime experience with a healthy dose of comedy from the amazing GlaDos.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be one of five people on this planet to think Half Life 2 and all its associated expansions are nothing more than generic shooters with generic locations , generic weapons , generic enemies , rubbish stories and a gravity gun/physics engine gimmick to keep the generic PC shooter fan happy. I honestly did not enjoy most of the orange box. A cookie cutter shooter that is neither memorale nor fun.*raises flame shield*

• Paid Members

In my flu-ridden state I've been playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and it's tons of fun. Fast paced, the graphics are unbelievable even without a HD screen...at points I've just sat and looked off cliffs for ages at how beautiful it all is, the story and voice acting is actually really good for a change and seriously...the graphics...oh my God. The gameplay is simple, fun and pretty action packed. Plenty of hidden goodies too.

got a PS3 the other day and got games that my son could play (hes 7) so I got Ratchet and Clank which im having fun playing lol Lego star wars and also spiderman 3 too - i really do need a HDTV though as soon as possible. That Drakes fortune looks good as does Assasins Creed but is there anything else I should purchase that are fun to play.

• Paid Members

Not really what I'm playing... but just wondering if anyone has a PS3 with that funky card game you can buy for it, and if so... is it any good?I love card games anyway, and adding a game that brings the cards to life on screen looks awesome, but it would only be so if the game was fun to play... so... anyone here played it?

• Awards Moderator

I had a real Christmas Wii blitz, so here's the fallout.

Super Mario Galaxy is tingling my tits right now. Sublime design, with lots of irritating bits but so compulsive. It's embarrasing how right Nintendo get the controller. I've just unlocked the last level but I'm not attempting it until I've got all 120 Stars... I'm halfway there.

I've been heartily disappointed with Twilight Princess. It's so Gamecube-shoehorned-on-to-Wii. Drawing your sword feels laborious, and I get so bored with the reckless control system flicking between inventory and items.... And for goodness sake, grow up and get a jump button. Everything feels really sticky, like they took Ocarina of Time, updated the graphics and did nothing else. There's also a terrible lack of hinting or hand-holding. Often I'm wandering about trying to figure out what the game wants of me... I miss Wind Waker.

On the brighter side, Wario: Smooth Moves is a stupid slap of fun. 1 second to figure out how the game works, 4 seconds to play it. I love it - particularly the 9 Volt retro NES section.

Also, I made my first purchase through STEAM, purely on the strength of Eurogamer's GOTY, Portal. But I can't fucking play it until Intel release new graphics drivers :angry:

• Paid Members

Has anyone played Stranglehold? the John woo game i just downloaded the demo and was surprised how much fun it was very simler to the Punisher game on ps2 but with a bit of Max Pain as well.

Has anyone played Stranglehold? the John woo game i just downloaded the demo and was surprised how much fun it was very simler to the Punisher game on ps2 but with a bit of Max Pain as well.

I've been playing the demo as well. It is essentially Max Payne Goes To Hong Kong. I'm a big John Woo/Chow Yun-Fat fan, so it's great fun.I'm told the full game is pretty short-lived, but if you want to commit to the full thing, hmv.com seems to be cheapest at the moment (

• Paid Members
very nice mate :thumbsup: I currently have no merch :( comes from having no money, and no space :(

Not really what I'm playing... but just wondering if anyone has a PS3 with that funky card game you can buy for it, and if so... is it any good?I love card games anyway, and adding a game that brings the cards to life on screen looks awesome, but it would only be so if the game was fun to play... so... anyone here played it?

I bought this as I wanted the camera and the game i half price in the sales, but I am starting to get into it. It's rather good fun and plays like a traditional Collectible Card Game, but it is cool to see the monsters spawn from your cards!