WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Moderators

Just got back from picking the game up at Vigin and am browsing the manual - I notice that they have rereleased the film to coincide with the game, with "7 deleted scenes"... my question is, anyone know any more about these scenes?? I alraedy have the film on DVD, so its not really worth me purchasing again, but I'd like to know if it would be worth renting the new one out...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

The Warriors is seriously a contender for greatest game ever, no hyperbole. It's also the absolute benchmark so far for number of characters brawling onscreen with not even the tiniest hint of slowdown. I think I'm about 25% of the way in, and already there have been missions where at least 20-25 guys were kicking the shit out of each other, and everything was running beautifully. I just hope this game gets the kudos it deserves, because it sorta snuck out there with not a lot of trumpeting or build up, only that off of the back of being a cult film, but it deserves the sort of attention GTA:SA had. It really is incredible.

The Warriors is seriously a contender for greatest game ever, no hyperbole. It's also the absolute benchmark so far for number of characters brawling onscreen with not even the tiniest hint of slowdown. I think I'm about 25% of the way in, and already there have been missions where at least 20-25 guys were kicking the shit out of each other, and everything was running beautifully. I just hope this game gets the kudos it deserves, because it sorta snuck out there with not a lot of trumpeting or build up, only that off of the back of being a cult film, but it deserves the sort of attention GTA:SA had. It really is incredible.

I agree with every single word of that post.I'm also expecting the almost guaranteed backlash by the usual adult orientated game haters who'll want it banned. The good thing, however, is that Rockstar actually seem to enjoy the mass-hysteria most of their games create.

• Paid Members

I'm also expecting the almost guaranteed backlash by the usual adult orientated game haters who'll want it banned. The good thing, however, is that Rockstar actually seem to enjoy the mass-hysteria most of their games create.

It gets them more publicity than any TV advert campaign could. I know if I were to ever make a game I'd make sure I offended all the mongs who can't control what their kids play on. It's garunteed cash.After completing Fahrenheit (good game just way too easy thanks to a pretty basic control system never getting any harder) I took it back and got myself Splinter Cell, Hitman: Contracts, Shadow of Memories and True Crime: Streets of LA. Anyone played them? Got any opinions?

• Paid Members

I've not played the others but True Crime is absolutely horrific.

Because I'm such a cheapskate even when it concerns trading in games for others I went out of my way to check out the IGN reviews for each game I was going to trade for and True Crime was somewhere in the nines. I guess it depends on personal taste. I hope.

• Admin

I played it and found the controls were awful, it was glitchy and a bit drab. I guess you might enjoy it if the GTA games aren't enough for you, but otherwise I would steer well clear.It was better than Driv3r though.

Hitman: Contracts

Not bad, more or less the same as Hitman two, quite gory in places, a little taxing too, but playable and quite fun. :)

Shadow of Memories

Pretty bland and basic rpg, has quite a good story and a fair amount of freedom, but gets very repititive, fun and easy to play though. :)

At the moment I'm playing Final Fantasy, and hating it. It's like an early Simpsons episode, you wonder how the hell it ever achieved such a cult standard when it started out so horribly badly.

I had "True Crime" (off ebay for a tenner last year) and it was actually pretty good, and definately not as bad as some reviews made it out to be. The missions, different styles of fighting and music were great. User reviews seem to be quite varied, but for me, I enjoyed it on the most part.On the subject of Driv3r(as Moo mentioned), I probably bought it more in loyalty than anything else. The first two "Drivers" were class and I "thought" that a version on the Playstation 2 would rock. I didnt really turn out that way. Dont get me wrong,the graphics, car gameplay and cutscenes were good. But tons of glitches, boring missions and crap controls let it down, big time.

Edited by amg

After completing Fahrenheit (good game just way too easy thanks to a pretty basic control system never getting any harder) I took it back and got myself Splinter Cell, Hitman: Contracts, Shadow of Memories and True Crime: Streets of LA. Anyone played them? Got any opinions?

Wasn't the third act of Fahrenheit just laughable?Hitman Contracts is repetitive but fun. I hate Splinter Cell, and True Crime was pretty poor.

Guest British_Dragon

Full Throttle was one of my fave Lucasarts games. That ruled.

"You know where that nose ring would look really good?... ON THE BAR"Beautiful graphical style, lovely cutscenes, great characters. A little on the easy side but a whole buncha fun.I want to put in a good word here for the original Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers which kept me scared witless one Easter. A fabulous game with delightful visuals and a compelling soundtrack. One that haunted me for years.
Any one know where i can get a torrent or normal download of the full throttle game, been looking for about a few years now!