The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I was watching the Kawada-Foley match earlier from I think HUSTLE? and there's some bloke dressed like M.Bison at the beginning, who on earth was he and why did he look like M.Bison?

I was watching the Kawada-Foley match earlier from I think HUSTLE? and there's some bloke dressed like M.Bison at the beginning, who on earth was he and why did he look like M.Bison?

That's President (Formerly General) Takada. It's basically wrestling legend and former head of PRIDE Nobuhiko Takada under an evil, M Bison type gimmick. In storyline terms, Nobuhiko Takada recruited his friend General Takada to destroy Pro Wrestling. So Takada's monster army, consisting of shoot fighters, brain washed wrestlers and various monsters, took on "Captain Hustle" Naoya Ogawa and his brave pro wrestlers. In a more recent angle, Takada bought HUSTLE (For 100 million monster dollars), which is why he is now President. Out of the ashes of the HUSTLE army, "Hustle Resistance" Wataru Sakata now leads the forces of good against their oppressive ruler. HUSTLE is great.Takada also takes on the role of The Esperanza, a dangerous robot 'based on' Nobuhiko Takada's fighting style. Except it's got a laser beam as well. That one got blown up, but an even more powerful robot debuted on the last show, called Takada Shogun (Again played by Takada).

• Paid Members

That's President (Formerly General) Takada. It's basically wrestling legend and former head of PRIDE Nobuhiko Takada under an evil, M Bison type gimmick. In storyline terms, Nobuhiko Takada recruited his friend General Takada to destroy Pro Wrestling. So Takada's monster army, consisting of shoot fighters, brain washed wrestlers and various monsters, took on "Captain Hustle" Naoya Ogawa and his brave pro wrestlers. In a more recent angle, Takada bought HUSTLE (For 100 million monster dollars), which is why he is now President. Out of the ashes of the HUSTLE army, "Hustle Resistance" Wataru Sakata now leads the forces of good against their oppressive ruler. HUSTLE is great.Takada also takes on the role of The Esperanza, a dangerous robot 'based on' Nobuhiko Takada's fighting style. Except it's got a laser beam as well. That one got blown up, but an even more powerful robot debuted on the last show, called Takada Shogun (Again played by Takada).
Thanks for that, he sounds like a mentalist to be honest.

• Paid Members

HUSTLE should Talk to Frankbut your description does sound rather good. Edited by bAzTNM

I was reading Batista's book (I know...) and he talks about a cock-up during one of his flights (this is how little of a career he has, when a tale about a flight getting his seats wrong is a chapter in his autobiography) anyway, he says regularly himself and Booby Lashley (who he was travelling with) order two seats to make it easier for themselves and whoever they'be sat buy.I've a question, did Kevin Von Erich really request a payday for working an event in '93, that (everyone else worked for free) was in benefit of his brothers (Kerry) children? Or is that some form of Urban Legend?

• Moderators

Wow.. what a tremendous storyline.. How do you follow it all though? I take it you don't speak Japanese, right? Is there somewhere where you read about the angles online in English or something?

• Paid Members

Has Rey Mysterio ever been a heel during his career? I'm not to familiar with his career in Mexico but thinking about his time in ECW, WCW and WWE he has always been portrayed as a face as far as I can remember

Has Rey Mysterio ever been a heel during his career? I'm not to familiar with his career in Mexico but thinking about his time in ECW, WCW and WWE he has always been portrayed as a face as far as I can remember

I am not sure if he was classed as a heel or a tweener, but in late '99, through to 2000 he was part of the Filthy Animals as well as the New Blood. Being WCW, I don't even know if they had a clue if he was face, heel or neither during this time.

Wow.. what a tremendous storyline.. How do you follow it all though? I take it you don't speak Japanese, right? Is there somewhere where you read about the angles online in English or something?
Well, wrestling message boards that don't actually treat knowledge about wrestling as a kind of disease have threads on HUSTLE where you can glean details, but a lot of this stuff is easy enough to follow just by watching the shows, I find. But I will plug a recently opened English HUSTLE fan page that could be the business if the guy running it keeps as up to date as he has been so far.

Does anybody know who was "The Maestro" in WCW during 2000? He was led to the ring by some hot lady called "Symphony". I don't recall who they were, or what they did next.Anybody? Thanks.

Not sureabout the Maestro, but Symphony also played the role of Ken Shamrock's sister Ryan in the WWF in 1999. In a weird twist, she wound up dating Ken for a while after he refused to do an incest storyline between the two of them.She also played the role of Aleesha in the early days of TNA, and was also in AAA last year.