The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I've just been watching a September Nitro '95 and in it someone is propelled over the top rope. At this point Easy E mentions that the referee saw it, but he must have assumed it was accidental because 'no action has been taken'. We know about WCW's over the top rope rule, but when did this actually finish? Or was Easy E just mentioning someone being 'cautioned' for throwing them over(although he made a relatively large deal about it). Any help?

They officially ditched the rule in early 98 IIRC, but I don't really remember it being used that much for a while before that.

An extra bit about Luger.He used the 'bionic elbow' from the get go of his WWF career, as the Narcissist they built it and built it up with.... Heenan going mental over the move calling it the best thing ever and Monsoon mumbling that elbows don't do that kinda damage.Towards the end of the Narcissist it was revealed (but I can't remember how they did it, but I remember them showing an Xray of Lugers forarm with an 'massive' metal plate in his arm) and Monsoon forever hapred on about that kind of metal would do a lot of damage to someone after that.Soon though They needed a 'new american hero' and Luger did this by suddenly appearing at Yokozuna's challenge to any superstar to slam him, and Luger managed to do the job.The torture rack he used was just that, the torture rack and nothing else, though he threw his oponents down with distain rather than slamming them down (just dropping them in a dangerous manner) he beat jobbers with it frequently, but mostly used his running forearm on the "superstars."

I wrote loads... then I lost it all :(Lets try again..."The Total Package" Lex Luger used to use the Human Torture Rack in WCW until he turned heel when he won the vacant/new WCW title (after Flair left with the NWA belt) over Barry Windham in a cage match. During the match Luger got both a new manager (Harley Race) and a new finisher... The "Attitude Adjustment" piledriver which may have been a tribute to Race if I remember rightly (and was one of the worst piledrivers I've ever seen... Lex usually ended up with 1 foot still planted on the floor... leaving his knee up in the air... leaving his opponents head far from the floor and sending them off to one side)...Then after his failed (did it ever get started even?) body building career (was it ended/aborted due to the motorbike crash that gave him his arm injury? or just coz he realised he didn't have a chance?)... he turned up in the WWF as "The Narcissist" and started using the running forarm (which has been well described above)... he turned "All American" in the summer of 93... and he continued using the forarm... although at least in his first real face match against Yokozuna for the title at Summer Slam... he was made to wear a forearm pad...I never remember seeing Luger use the Torture Rack in the WWF... but I rarely saw anything other than PPVs in the time he was there...When he returned to WCW... he started using the Torture Rack again... usually set up by 2 big running clotheslines (which I pattern my own clotheslines on actually) and the running forarm... all corner to corner...Luger even beat Hollywood Hogan for the WCW title using the Rack... even though we all know Hogan never submitted in his entire career before Angle made him tap in 2002... :laugh:

3.) Is every WWE promo scripted? Are the veterans like Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan expected to follow scripts?Thank you.

(One of) This week's Observer mentioned the tremenoudous 3-way verbal joust between HHH, Cena and Edge was all done pretty much off the cuff. Meltz reckoned the writers scripted something, all three hated it, so agreed to hit the general points. It went 10 minutes over, but was worth it I reckon...

3.) Is every WWE promo scripted? Are the veterans like Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan expected to follow scripts?Thank you.

(One of) This week's Observer mentioned the tremenoudous 3-way verbal joust between HHH, Cena and Edge was all done pretty much off the cuff. Meltz reckoned the writers scripted something, all three hated it, so agreed to hit the general points. It went 10 minutes over, but was worth it I reckon...
Thanks. I didn't know that. Funnily enough, that was the best promo on Raw in ages, in my opinion. How ironic that the best promo was the one that wasn't totally scripted. That's what WWE needs, more spontaneity, more people developing their own promos, more "off the cuff" remarks. What we need is less bullshit writing. Wrestling is a spontaneous form of entertainment, but it doesn't come across as that if words are scripted by useless Hollywood writers.

• Paid Members

Off topic question, didnt think i needed to make a new thread for this.. Does anyone else have to keep on logging in everytime they visit the forum?.. Usually it just remembers the username and password, but now i have to log in everytime?..

• Paid Members

Off topic question, didnt think i needed to make a new thread for this.. Does anyone else have to keep on logging in everytime they visit the forum?.. Usually it just remembers the username and password, but now i have to log in everytime?..

You've probably deleted some cookies brah.