The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Is there any particular reason why The Nasty Boys didn't wrestle at WM IX?

i believe Jerry Sags was found pissed up and banging his head against a wall shouting i dont want to tour with wwf anymore and then left

Nasty Boys were still around until May, and wrestled The Headshrinkers on the first UK tour of April 93 (if you recall correctly, there were 2 seperate tours in April, the first headlined by the likes of Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, Lex Luger and Mr Perfect, the second featuring Bret Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, The Undertaker and The Steiners. The second tour - which took in many of the same venues as the first - was much more well received; something I can vouch for, having wasted three hours of my life going to see the first tour at the Whitley Bay Ice Rink). They showed up in WCW in July...

Well there was nothing for them to do at WrestleMania 9, so thats why they weren't included. Their feud with Money Inc was dead because Jimmy Hart had turned face to go with Hogan and Beefcake. Who did you want them to face? The Beverly Brothers? I would have rather seen the scheduled Kamala/Bam Bam Bigelow match...

Powerslam said Austin made about 6 million in 1998, and reported he made between 3 and 4 million in 2001. I'd guess he made about 6 million again in 99. I don't know what he would have made in 2000, as he was missing most of the year. I'd guess he's probably made between 15-20 million dollars in his career, maybe a little more.

jesus - thats a lot of money in such a short space of time

• Paid Members

Does anyone know approximately how many tickets Mitsuharu Misawa sold for TWC International Showdown last year?

None, they were in fact sold by Ticketmaster and the arena box office. (Fuck. Hage beat me to it.)But seriously, I believe Alex Shane's column in PowerSlam mentioned a spike of a couple of hundred seats in the days right after Misawa was announced. Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Does anyone know what song was played towards the end of John Cena's training video on Raw this week?.. Im 90% sure its by John Cena himself, but dont know what its called?

Bumping my previous question:What were the ticket prices for Wrestlemania X7 (houston Astrodome), Wrestlemania X8 (Toronto) and Wrestlemania XIX (Seattle)?and adding a new question:Is there a site which definitively lists the edits/cuts made to WWF/WWE DVD releases (e.g. crappily changing Demolitions theme in the WM Anthology DVDs)

Does anyone know approximately how many tickets Mitsuharu Misawa sold for TWC International Showdown last year?

i remember alex shane saying in powerslam that misawa sold more tickets then foley

How does Shawn Michaels make that sound with the sweet chin music it sounds like a hand clap or something surely it can't just be boot on face

I'am pretty sure its just a slap near the top of his shoulder when you turn round just twat near your shoulder.For the people that know how its done they'll know what i mean (i hope) :blush: (oddest reply i've ever done) Edited by the g

• Paid Members

How does Shawn Michaels make that sound with the sweet chin music it sounds like a hand clap or something surely it can't just be boot on face

I'am pretty sure its just a slap near the top of his shoulder when you turn round just twat near your shoulder.For the people that know how its done they'll know what i mean (i hope) :blush: (oddest reply i've ever done)
I believe he (and others like Benjamin, Tajiri et al) slap their thigh upon impact to make the loud smacking sound. Very nifty.