The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair

This isn't the title change from late 92 is it?
I don't think so, I think its a random match from Raw or something.
It's a title match, but no change happens, it's a decent match, but the thing about the tape is that a lot of the matches have lame finishes, this match included.

It's a title match, but no change happens, it's a decent match, but the thing about the tape is that a lot of the matches have lame finishes, this match included.

Oh well it's still Flair/Savage so it should be decentish.... is Bret/HBK any good? Is it exclusive to this video or also featured on other colliseum videos- there seems to be a Bret/Shawn match on pretty much all of the 91-93 WWF Official comps....

My questions are regarding the Stone Cold/Coach/JR debacle:- Why did Austin leave at the last minute? Was he only informed of the conclusion of the angle just before Taboo Tuesday or was he attempting to have the bookers change it?- Did Austin really injure himself moving furniture? That seems a bit suspicious, given the timing and the context of it all...- Wouldn't a wrestler cause breach of contract by walking out on the company? Have WWE ever acted on this with any superstar?- Is there any word on Austin's current relationship with WWE or his movie deal?

Edited by Van_Dammer

My questions are regarding the Stone Cold/Coach/JR debacle:- Why did Austin leave at the last minute? Was he only informed of the conclusion of the angle just before Taboo Tuesday or was he attempting to have the bookers change it?- Did Austin really injure himself moving furniture? That seems a bit suspicious, given the timing and the context of it all...- Wouldn't a wrestler cause breach of contract by walking out on the company?- Is there any word on Austin's current relationship with WWE or his movie deal?

I believe Austin was informed of the plans to job him to Coach over the weekend prior to Taboo Tuesday and the preceeding Raw. His reluctance to go through with the angle led to the drastic Raw rewrite on Monday, and the bringing in of Goldust and (the obviously unprepared) Vader on such short notice. Austin did legitamately hurt himself moving furniture, but many believe that he used the accident as an excuse- overplaying his injury, and that if he had been happy with the situation he would have gone through with the match anyway...As for a breach of contract, I'm not sure if Austin is under contract anymore, doesn't he just work on a per-appearence deal, similar to the Rock?

I just brought the WWF VHS release 'UK Fan Favourites 1993' off ebay- does anyone know what the listing is and if it's any good?

Released: August 1993, Certificate: PG, Catalogue Number: WF118Hosted by Gene Okerlund and Bobby Heenan Fatu vs. Bret Hart for the WWF World Title, WWF Raw 1st March 1993 Mr. Perfect vs. Terry Taylor, WWF Raw 18th January 1993 Undertaker vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, WWF Wrestling Challenge 14th March 1993 Tito Santana vs. Rick Martel, WWF Prime Time 27th April 1992 Jim Duggan vs. Shawn Michaels, WWF Raw 3rd April 1993 The Berzerker vs. Virgil, WWF Prime Time 28th December 1992 Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage for the WWF World Title, WWF Prime Time 14th September 1992 Lex Luger vs. Tito Santana, WWF Mania 9th March 1993 Tatanka vs. Papa Shango, WWF Prime Time 30th November 1992 Undertaker vs. The Mountie, WWF 30th June 1992 Repo Man vs. Randy Savage, WWF Raw 25th June 1993 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWF Intercontinental Title, WWF 2nd June 1992 credit: www.wrestle-media.net Edited by ukedge87

I just brought the WWF VHS release 'UK Fan Favourites 1993' off ebay- does anyone know what the listing is and if it's any good?

Released: August 1993, Certificate: PG, Catalogue Number: WF118Hosted by Gene Okerlund and Bobby Heenan Fatu vs. Bret Hart for the WWF World Title, WWF Raw 1st March 1993 Mr. Perfect vs. Terry Taylor, WWF Raw 18th January 1993 Undertaker vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, WWF Wrestling Challenge 14th March 1993 Tito Santana vs. Rick Martel, WWF Prime Time 27th April 1992 Jim Duggan vs. Shawn Michaels, WWF Raw 3rd April 1993 The Berzerker vs. Virgil, WWF Prime Time 28th December 1992 Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage for the WWF World Title, WWF Prime Time 14th September 1992 Lex Luger vs. Tito Santana, WWF Mania 9th March 1993 Tatanka vs. Papa Shango, WWF Prime Time 30th November 1992 Undertaker vs. The Mountie, WWF 30th June 1992 Repo Man vs. Randy Savage, WWF Raw 25th June 1993 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWF Intercontinental Title, WWF 2nd June 1992 credit: www.wrestle-media.net
You have a bunch of dates wrong there, did you just guess them? Savage vs. Flair specifically isn't the title change from Prime Time in September 92, it was actually from a TV taping in June 92

For the Bret Hart-Yokozuna main event of Wrestlemania 9, were there any angles/face offs/clashes between the 2 wrestlers prior to the PPV?All I remember from the build up for this match is Bret Hart conducting an interview saying he knows he is the underdog but he is going to give it his best shot etc etc.In the main I recall most of that Wrestlemania build up to be the return of Hogan for the Hogan/Beefcake vs Money Inc matchBut surely there must have been some build up for the main event, and if not, that must be some kind of record.

• Paid Members

For the Bret Hart-Yokozuna main event of Wrestlemania 9, were there any angles/face offs/clashes between the 2 wrestlers prior to the PPV?All I remember from the build up for this match is Bret Hart conducting an interview saying he knows he is the underdog but he is going to give it his best shot etc etc.In the main I recall most of that Wrestlemania build up to be the return of Hogan for the Hogan/Beefcake vs Money Inc matchBut surely there must have been some build up for the main event, and if not, that must be some kind of record.

I remember a contract signing, where Yoko overturned the table, than Banzai Splashed Bret.

• Paid Members

I remember a contract signing, where Yoko overturned the table, than Banzai Splashed Bret.
Thats the only thing I remember too. Its on that WWF Year in Review 1993 vid.

• Paid Members

Released: August 1993, Certificate: PG, Catalogue Number: WF118Hosted by Gene Okerlund and Bobby Heenan Fatu vs. Bret Hart for the WWF World Title, WWF Raw 1st March 1993
Thats a tremendous match BTW.Just wondering what the venue was for this match? It was the venue used for the very early Raw editions.