The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Just watched WOS this morning and I have a bunch of questions brahs.Q1. Is King Kong Kirk the bloke that died in the ring when he faced Big Daddy somewhere? When exactly did he die and how did he die?Q2. Is Max Crabtree (The WOS ring announcer) still in the land of the living?Cheers brahs.

Q1. Is King Kong Kirk the bloke that died in the ring when he faced Big Daddy somewhere? When exactly did he die and how did he die?

Yes, that was Mal "King Kong" Kirk.I knew he died at Great Yarmouth in 1987 after Big Daddy splashed him, but then searched google and found this ..."In 1987 Big Daddy bowed out of professional wrestling spotlight after a tragic turn of events in what should have been a run-of-the-mill match. In the final moments of the match against Mal 'King Kong' Kirk, the stage was set and Big Daddy delivered the belly-splash as he had countless times before. But rather than selling the impact of the finishing move, Kirk turned an unhealthy colour which indicated that something was very wrong. Rushed to a nearby hospital, the unfortunate wrestler was pronounced dead on arrival. Despite the fact that the inquest into Kirk's death found that he had a serious heart condition and cleared Crabtree of any responsibility, he nevertheless blamed himself for the other man's death". :(

Guest Lemming of the BDA

Q2. Is Max Crabtree (The WOS ring announcer) still in the land of the living?

Wasn't the ring announcer Brian and not Max Crabtree?

A FEW PURO QUESTIONS.......Unless i'm mistaken, would i be correct in thinking that the following "Dream Matches" have never happened in singles competition.Kenta Kobashi Vs Genichiro TenryuKenta Kobashi Vs Keiji Muto/Great MutaMitsuharu Misawa Vs Kensuke SasakiMitsuharu Misawa Vs Genichiro TenryuMitsuharu Misawa Vs Keiji Muto/Great MutaIf there are any other dream matches that haven't happened please feel free to add.Also does anyone know the dates of every match between Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa and also Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada (singles only)?

Anyone out there know this information??

Kenta Kobashi Vs Genichiro Tenryu

They could have met in Kobashi's rookie years from 1988 to early 1990, but I don't belive such a singles match excist on tape. I do have the following tag matches where they meat:July 15, 1989 - Genichiro Tenryu & Stan Hansen -vs- Jumbo Tsuruta & Kenta Kobashi [*** 1/2]August 19, 1989 - Jumbo Tsuruta & Kenta Kobashi -vs- Genichiro Tenryu & Yoshinari Ogawa [** 3/4]October 14, 1989 - Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada & Samson Fuyuki -vs- Jumbo Tsuruta & Great Kabuki & Kenta Kobashi [*** 3/4]

Kenta Kobashi Vs Keiji Muto/Great Muta

Nope.

Mitsuharu Misawa Vs Kensuke Sasaki

No.

Mitsuharu Misawa Vs Genichiro Tenryu

I don't remember if they've met in NOAH. It wouldn't have been a singles match, but who knows, they might have fought in a tag match.As for the AJPW days, there is one Tenryu -vs- Tiger Mask (Misawa) singles match available:June 1, 1987 - Genichiro Tenryu -vs- Tiger Mask [***]Otherwise they've met in a few tag matches during those years, but keep in mind that it's only rarely that it's Misawa's qualities that's made these matches good. Misawa golden years wasn't as Tiger Mask. Thankfully Tenryu was more or less the best wrestler in Japan at the time:November 28, 1986 - Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu -vs- Shohei Baba & Tiger Mask - (RWTL '86) [*** 1/2]June 11, 1987 - Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask -vs- Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara [*** 1/2]July 30, 1987 - Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara -vs- Shohei Baba & Tiger Mask [*** 1/4]June 9, 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara & Toshiaki Kawada -vs- Tiger Mask & Shinichi Nakano & Isao Takagi [*** 1/4]July 2, 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara -vs- Tiger Mask & Akira Taue [***]July 16, 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada -vs- Tiger Mask & Isao Takagi [*** 1/4]August 20, 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara -vs- Tiger Mask & Shunji Takano [*** 1/4]August 28 (TV), 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara -vs- Tiger Mask & Akira Taue [** 1/4]October 17, 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara -vs- Tiger Mask & Akira Taue [** 3/4]November 21, 1988 - Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada -vs- Tiger Mask & Jimmy Snuka - (RWTL '88) [** 1/4]January 11, 1990 - Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask & Great Kabuki -vs- Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada & Samson Fuyuki [***]January 14, 1990 - Jumbo Tsuruta & Tiger Mask -vs- Genichiro Tenryu & Samson Fuyuki [** 3/4]

Mitsuharu Misawa Vs Keiji Muto/Great Muta

Never in a singles match, but they did meat at last years NOAH Tojyo Dome show in a tag match. That should be the only time those two have faced off.--PUNQ--

Unless i'm mistaken, would i be correct in thinking that the following "Dream Matches" have never happened in singles competition.Kenta Kobashi Vs Genichiro TenryuKenta Kobashi Vs Keiji Muto/Great MutaMitsuharu Misawa Vs Kensuke SasakiMitsuharu Misawa Vs Genichiro TenryuMitsuharu Misawa Vs Keiji Muto/Great Muta

I am pretty sure that none of those matches have taken place (except for the Tiger Mask match), although Misaswa vs Tenryu and Kobashi vs Tenryu would probably have taken place if AJPW had held Champion Carnivals in the late 80's and certainly would have done if Tenryu hadn't left AJPW in 1990.

Kenta Kobashi Vs Genichiro Tenryu

They could have met in Kobashi's rookie years from 1988 to early 1990, but I don't belive such a singles match excist on tape. I do have the following tag matches where they meat:July 15, 1989 - Genichiro Tenryu & Stan Hansen -vs- Jumbo Tsuruta & Kenta Kobashi [*** 1/2]August 19, 1989 - Jumbo Tsuruta & Kenta Kobashi -vs- Genichiro Tenryu & Yoshinari Ogawa [** 3/4]October 14, 1989 - Genichiro Tenryu & Toshiaki Kawada & Samson Fuyuki -vs- Jumbo Tsuruta & Great Kabuki & Kenta Kobashi [*** 3/4]
They also met in a tag match in NOAH earlier this year. April 24th Budokan show had Tenryu teaming with Jun Akiyama to face Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiosaki.I'd practically guarantee they'll do a Kobashi vs Tenryu match at some point in NOAH. There's money in the match and they'd be daft not to do it.

• Paid Members

Q2. Is Max Crabtree (The WOS ring announcer) still in the land of the living?

Wasn't the ring announcer Brian and not Max Crabtree?
No - Brian Crabtree was a referee.
Brian was the ring announcer, though he did referee as well. Max was the promoter.

Mitsuharu Misawa Vs Genichiro Tenryu

I don't remember if they've met in NOAH. It wouldn't have been a singles match, but who knows, they might have fought in a tag match.
Tenryu's NOAH debut in January was a tag with Koshinaka vs Misawa and Rikio. Rikio was over like a motherfucker in this, which might have been a big factor in him getting the belt.

Also does anyone know the dates of every match between Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa and also Misawa & Toshiaki Kawada (singles only)?

I don't know but here's a good link.

Guest DEAD MAN

Can somebody tell me any wrestling companies that do training in or near Perth in Scotland and how far rougly the place might be from Perth. And could you also give me a link to the site please. Thanks in advance :yinyang:

???