The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

This is probably a question that only Lister and a few others here have a chance of answering but does anyone remember a WWF game that was relaeased in 1990(?) which seemed more of a strategy game than the usual 'beat-em-up' wrestling games that are out there? I have no idea what format it was released on but I just remember the advert in WWF magazine where you seemed to book the matches and then watch 'play-by-play' commentary and screenshot images of the matches. I was totally fascinated by the whole concept but never got to play, or even see, it.

If anything it sounds like one of those VHS board games that were popular in the early 90's where you had to press play whenever someone landed on a certain square. Never heard of a WWF one but there seemed to be very little they didn't release back then, so it's more than possible.
No, it definitely was a 'computer' game. Like I said I have no idea what format that it was released on (PC? - too early?) but I am certain that it was never available in this country. I just recall the advert in WWF magaizine around the time of WrestleMania VI.

This is probably a question that only Lister and a few others here have a chance of answering but does anyone remember a WWF game that was relaeased in 1990(?) which seemed more of a strategy game than the usual 'beat-em-up' wrestling games that are out there? I have no idea what format it was released on but I just remember the advert in WWF magazine where you seemed to book the matches and then watch 'play-by-play' commentary and screenshot images of the matches. I was totally fascinated by the whole concept but never got to play, or even see, it.

If anything it sounds like one of those VHS board games that were popular in the early 90's where you had to press play whenever someone landed on a certain square. Never heard of a WWF one but there seemed to be very little they didn't release back then, so it's more than possible.
No, it definitely was a 'computer' game. Like I said I have no idea what format that it was released on (PC? - too early?) but I am certain that it was never available in this country. I just recall the advert in WWF magaizine around the time of WrestleMania VI.
I seem to recall a PC game like this. Or perhaps it was Amstrad. I believe it was something to do with cards?Edit: It may be this bad boy. Edited by shinyahashimoto

I seem to recall a PC game like this. Or perhaps it was Amstrad. I believe it was something to do with cards?Edit: It may be this bad boy.
I remember the ad in WWF magazine... I'm sure it was a PC game (or maybe it was an Amiga or Atari ST game).

Seen as I was just wondering.Do the WWE hold the copyright to the "Dudley" name? Can the "Dudleys" be called that name in other circuits? Cheers

Apparently Bubba and D-Von can continue to use the Dudley name as Paul Heyman gave them the rights to it when they left ECW to go to the WWF as a thank you for everything they had done for the company. However Spike will not be able to use the Dudley name and there is even talk that WWE lawyers may attempt to stop Bubba and D-Von using the name as well. So it's pretty much up in the air at the moment.

• Paid Members

are there many Indy pro's that use to be backyarders? I remember someone saying M-Dogg 20 and Josh Prohabition were backyarders before they had the proper training are there any others you know of?.

Sonjay Dutt is one. He's featured on one of those "Best of Backyard Wrestling" DVDs.

is axe of demolition fame still alive and if so any recent pics i ask cause i saw a pick about five years ago and he looked golse to andre the giant in size so i'll be suprised if he is still going

Does anybody know who the hot looking Nihon woman is commentating on Toryumon 5th anniversary?

I did go to check for you last night, but would you believe that my VCR's suddenly started refusing to eject tapes. :angry:If I get it sorted, and I remember, I'll have another look. Edited by Spatular

is axe of demolition fame still alive and if so any recent pics i ask cause i saw a pick about five years ago and he looked golse to andre the giant in size so i'll be suprised if he is still going

He's still alive, he's made appearances at a few of those wrestling legend conventions. He must be about 60-something by now.

Guest Ashley

Quick question: What's the name of Maven's theme music and who's it by? Cheers.

I thought it was:"All around the stars " by Honshal