The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Am I mad in thinking that the first manager Demolition~ ever had in the WWF was Luscious Johnny V?

I always assumed it was Mr Fuji but you could be right. It was definitely Fuji by the time Wrestlemania IV rolled around (their first WM) but wouldn't know if they initially had Luscious Johnny for house shows and TV prior to that.

Am I mad in thinking that the first manager Demolition~ ever had in the WWF was Luscious Johnny V?

I always assumed it was Mr Fuji but you could be right. It was definitely Fuji by the time Wrestlemania IV rolled around (their first WM) but wouldn't know if they initially had Luscious Johnny for house shows and TV prior to that.
I think it was Johnny V, because I remember seeing on WWE Classics a couple of years ago, Demolition's debut and the original team was different (no Ax?) than the one we would grow to know and love :) and i'm sure Johnny V was a part of it.

The original Demolition made it's debut towards the end of 1986, managed by Johnny V. It consisted of Bill "Masked Superstar" Eadie and Randy "Moondog Rex" Culley. Many people will argue that they were given the names Ax and Smash, though I remain convinced that they were not given individual names until Barry "Krusher Krushchev" Darsow replaced Culley, and Mr Fuji was instated as their manager...

Did Joe Thurman, the job guy that Vader broke the back off with a snide power-bomb, ever wrestle again?

Not sure, though I believe that Thurman wasn't injured as bad as they made out. I think in Mick Foley's first book, he reveals that Thurman WAS injured after the match, and that there was genuine concern for a while (not least from Vader himself), but that he was alright eventually...

Many people will argue that they were given the names Ax and Smash, though I remain convinced that they were not given individual names until Barry "Krusher Krushchev" Darsow replaced Culley, and Mr Fuji was instated as their manager...

I saw a real old Demolition match on Classics years ago, and I'm quite sure they were called Demolition 1 and 2 initially, like Doom and the Pitbulls and others.

Many people will argue that they were given the names Ax and Smash, though I remain convinced that they were not given individual names until Barry "Krusher Krushchev" Darsow replaced Culley, and Mr Fuji was instated as their manager...

I saw a real old Demolition match on Classics years ago, and I'm quite sure they were called Demolition 1 and 2 initially, like Doom and the Pitbulls and others.
Huzzah! Everyone I've ever argued this with claims they were given the names Ax and Smash more-or-less straight away, but I'm sure that Culley was never called Smash, and that they weren't given the names until Darsow came on board.Incidentally, Brian Adams wasn't called Crush when he first debuted, going by the (very imaginative) name BA when he started filling in for Ax on the house show circuit in Spring 1990...

Just trying to find this site brahs.It has listings of every house/TV/PPV shows the WWF/E have ever put on. I fancy looking at it for a while.Cheers if any of you can help.

Funnily enough, I was just about to link you to Graham Cawthorn's site, before I realised it was one and the same as historyofthewwe...I just know it better by the Angelfire address.This site might help you out as well...Wrestling Information Archive