The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Anybody know who "General Adnan" was?Thanks.

No-one famous. He wrestled as Billy White Wolf in the 70's, I think he tagged with Cheif Jay Strongbow. He was in the AWA too as Adnan El-Kaissie, which is his real name.
Cheers for that Rick.

• Paid Members

Anybody know the real reason Rick Rude left the WWF in 1990?Thanks.

Just remembered the story behind this one.He was injured in the Autumn of 1990 but WWF continued intentionally false-advertising him for house show main events against Ultimate Warrior. He told Vince that if he was such an important draw that they couldn't admit he was injured, he should be getting main event money for all the shows he was advertised for (even though he wasn't actually wrestling). Vince told him no, so he decided to quit.

Anybody know the real reason Rick Rude left the WWF in 1990?Thanks.

Just remembered the story behind this one.He was injured in the Autumn of 1990 but WWF continued intentionally false-advertising him for house show main events against Ultimate Warrior. He told Vince that if he was such an important draw that they couldn't admit he was injured, he should be getting main event money for all the shows he was advertised for (even though he wasn't actually wrestling). Vince told him no, so he decided to quit.
according to Bret Harts' book he said Rude quit cause he wasn't getting anywhere near the same money as Warrior and wanted time off to start a family which Vince rejected

Does anyone know what Mad Man Pondos theme music is in IWA: EC? Starts with a thumping bassline... thats the best I can offer.

Don't know if it is the one you are after but on all the matches of his I have seen he comes out to Smashing Pumpkins 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings'.
Nah, it isn't that. Can't find a clip of it anywhere either.

What happen to Arashi?He was in All Japan few years back, but now he suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth and I never see him on any shows at all.

He was arrested for possession of marijuana, he was sentenced to three years in prison but didn't serve the whole term. This is a much bigger deal in Japan than it likely even be in the states, and he was fired in disgrace from All Japan. Recently, he made an emotional apology to his fans and publicly begged Tatsumi Fujinami to allow him to join the MUGA (now DRADITION) roster. Fujinami agreed, so he's back, albeit nowhere near at the level he was.