The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Just got in from work and realised that tna was on today in a 4 hour block (16.00-20.00), i was wondering if this is a full ppv show or just one hour shows ?tonights one is final revolution.

• Paid Members

Earl Caddock vs Joe Stecher in 1920 is reportedly the oldest footage of a wrestling match in existance. What happened to the Gotch ve Hackenshmidt footage from (approx) 1916?What's the oldest known photograph of a wrestling or some wrestling?

After watching "Jive Soul Bro" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-rMxydtXisJust wondering where the WWF picked Slick up from? What circuits was he working for before the WWF?Thank you.

My memory is patchy apart from him working CSW and he and Reed losing a 'Loser leaves town' match to Brody. So here's info from wikipedia...

At the start of his career, Johnson did a stint in Texas All-Star Wrestling, managing Madd Maxx and Lord Humongus. He left TASW for Kansas City's Central States Wrestling to become "The Doctor of Style", Slick, characterized by his smooth attitude, confident speech and dancing as he accompanied his wrestlers to the ring; among the wrestlers he managed in Central States were Art Crews, Timothy Flowers, Bobby Jaggers, "Bulldog" Bob Brown and Butch Reed. Slick and his stable feuded with Kansas City mainstay Rufus R. Jones and other fan favorites before he and Reed were forced out of the territory after dropping a "Loser Leaves Town" match to Bruiser Brody.

• Paid Members

Just to give a random example of that type of show:

WWF @ Clinton, NY - February 8, 1988 (450)David Sammartino pinned Barry HorowitzJohnny V defeated George SkaalandOutback Jack pinned Iron Mike SharpeGeorge Steele defeated Ron Bass via disqualificationJerry Allen pinned Johnny VLittle Coco & Pepe Gomez defeated Lord Littlebrook & Little TokyoB. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated Nikolai Volkoff & Boris Zhukov

I believe in many of these cases the show would have been sold for a flat fee to a school or civic group which then sold tickets and hope to make some profit for their cause.

Does anyone know, why Brad Armstrong stopped doing commentary on ECW?I really liked him, he was miles better than Taz, imo.Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Courtesy of the Observer:

When Brad Armstrong was originally hired by WWE last September, the plan was for him to be an agent for ECW house shows. But the shows were canceled, so that was off the cards. They then tried him out as a color commentator, but that didn't work out either. They are now thinking about making him an agent again.

Guess they just didnt like him as a commentator. They are also planning on moving Tod Grisham (The Observer's worst commentator of 2006 'award' winner) to ECW to be the play by play guy. So obviously Joey Styles isnt too popular right now. Makes you see the future of ECW with Styles, Tazz and RVD all leaving in the near future!

Teach me about the ECW 'Pulp Fiction' promos?

Simple: after each show, they shot fuckloads of promos. The editor then took them, cut the best soundbites together in a montage to Dick Dale's "Misirlou" and whacked it on the end of the TV show. It was a great way to get loads of people over on TV shows they might not otherwise be on and keep their respective feuds in fans' minds. The show was an hour a week and there must've been upwards of twenty people in noteworthy programs (sometimes twenty people just involved in the Raven/Dreamer program :D). I'm currently watching ECW TV 1996 and these montages make Perry Saturn of all people look like a master talker.EDIT: There's Dragon Gate hoodies? Gimme! Edited by gwailofilms