The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Just wondering how Ted DiBiase turned from being in the nWo to managing The Steiners. How did he turn face?

If I remember rightly, The Outsiders did an angle to injure Scott Steiner, then took on Rick Steiner in what was now a handicap match. I think Nash took the padding off the top turnbuckle, and took great delight in dropping Rick's face on it from the Snake Eyes... over and over again. Ted, at ringside, was trying to indicate that they'd done enough, but Nash perservered and beat on Rick some more. DiBiase left in disgust at the nWo, and came back some time later as the Steiner Brothers' manager.That's all from memory, so some details might be sketchy at best.

• Paid Members

I'm a newbie to Pride but I've seen a fair amount of MMA and I'm a bit confused with the rules.At the Pride Real Deal PPV in the US the rules were different to the usual Pride rules because of the state athletic commission. So no head stomps, no knees to a downed opponent.The thing is there were other Pride rules that were different to usual MMA rules. Like no elbows to the head or knees to the head. Now these can't have been changed because of the athletics commission because UFC have elbows and knees.Are these a usual set of rules for Pride? because it seems very strange when they usually allow stomps to the head in Japan.

Who all wrote TV in 2000 for WCW, ECW and WWF?

WCW - Kevin Sullivan (Until April), Vince Russo thereafterECW - Paul HeymanWWE - Chris Kreski (Until November), Stephanie McMahon thereafterThere might be the odd assistant here and there, but those are the primary writers.

• Paid Members

WCW - Kevin Sullivan (Until April), Vince Russo thereafterECW - Paul HeymanWWE - Chris Kreski (Until November), Stephanie McMahon thereafterThere might be the odd assistant here and there, but those are the primary writers.
Kreski was the one that died a few months ago wasn't he?

Kreski was the one that died a few months ago wasn't he?
Yep. Cancer, I think.Shame about him, really. WWE TV in 2000 is a golden age, and it's rarely been as good since. Shame Steph thought she could've done better.I wonder how Kreski would've handled the WCW Invasion, for example?? :(

• Paid Members

Hernandez from the LAX faction in TNA.Is that Hotstuff Hernandez from ROH and TWA fame.Currently trying to update my TNM7. (http://www.tnm7.com)P.S. What does L.A.X. stand for? Thank you.Thank you again brahs.

Yes, it is Shawn "Hotstuff" Hernandez. LAX stands for "Latin American eXchange".

One for FMW fans ....

Saw Mike Awesome's shoot this week and one of the questions was about the TOKYOPOP dvd releases of FMW Events.

Awesome hadn't seen them, but the interviewer asked if he knew that they had American commentary (recorded years later) in which they made up their own angles and storylines totally different than the ones being used when the events actually happened years earlier.

I have three of these events on dvd, mostly for the tremendous Megumi Kudo stuff, and while I obviously hated John Watanabe and the weird looking dude with the goatee with their OTT unfunny shite commentary - I know nothing about what was or wasn't made up. Though I guess them saying the Combat Toyota Retirement match in exploding Barbed Wire against Kudo was based around them being former friends, enemies, and lovers wasn't the case at the time?

Anyone shed any light on this? :thumbsup: