The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Guest rmdstyles

I was speaking with my Dad recently and he swore that Mick McManus never lost a match during his whole career. Is this correct? I'm pretty sure it isn't but my Dad was sure he never saw him lose on World of Sport.

• Paid Members

I was speaking with my Dad recently and he swore that Mick McManus never lost a match during his whole career. Is this correct? I'm pretty sure it isn't but my Dad was sure he never saw him lose on World of Sport.

He did go a long time without losing on TV. He dropped a few falls, but the first match he lost outright by pinfall or submission was a 2-0 loss to Brian Maxine in March 76. A match with Mal Sanders in August 78 was his only other clean match loss.August 78 - Sanders He lost a handful of matches by DQ or countout, most notably against Peter Preston. Preston won the first fall and was scheduled to lose the second and third falls. However, he began shooting on McManus and refusing to go down for the fall. Eventually McManus low-blowed him so that the ref had a reason to call for a DQ and end the match.

Why is the ring called "The Squared Circle" ? It's always bugged me :/

It's most likely from amateur wrestling, where the actual fighting surface is a circle (which is painted on to a square mat). The professional ring 'squares the circle'.Alternatively, it may be from a similar process in boxing, which originally took place informally in a circle marked on the floor before professional rings were used.

• Paid Members

It's most likely from amateur wrestling, where the actual fighting surface is a circle (which is painted on to a square mat). The professional ring 'squares the circle'.Alternatively, it may be from a similar process in boxing, which originally took place informally in a circle marked on the floor before professional rings were used.
What!?...I was always under the impression it was simply because it's a square ring...?

What!?...I was always under the impression it was simply because it's a square ring...?
And how did you think it even got the name "ring" to begin with?

And how did you think it even got the name "ring" to begin with?
Post deleted due to stupidity and inability to read previous posts Edited by Joe_the_Lion

I watched an CZW/ROH event last night on The Wrestling Channel, can anyone tell me who did commentary for the second half of the show. He's a wrestler, quite soft spoken, but sounds intelligent and I felt did a great job of calling the show.

• Paid Members

while wrestling Lance Cade in Lima, Ohio on July 13, Kanyon injured his left shoulder, suffering a humeral head contusion and supraspinatus tendonitis. He underwent surgery on July 21, but began experiencing breathing difficulties on July 25. As a result of an allergy to the medications he was being treated with, Kanyon's lungs filled with fluid and his blood oxygen level fell to 41%. He gradually recovered, and was discharged from hospital on July 28, having lost 32 lb (15 kg) in the interim.

i was just reading chris kanyons wikipedia entry and noticed the above. 32lb in 2 weeks? really? surely muscle mass doesn't disappear that quickly.

• Paid Members

Michael Wallstreet question brahs.NUMBER ONE: Why, when he came back into WCW in 1995, did the "Michael Wallstreet" gimmick turn into "V.K. Wallstreet"?#2: Why did it then turn from "V.K. Wallstreet" to "M. Wallstreet" shortly afterwards?Thank you.