The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Sory if this has been asked before, but are people like Team 3D and anyone else on TNa/indies, allowed to say trademarked names? I ask this because on the latest episode of Impact (7/1/06), Bub...Brother Ray says he and D'v...Devon were ECW, WCW and WWE Tag Champs even though they are trademarked names. And I specifically remember that at an ECW tribute event, Bub...Brother Ray said something along the lines of 'and now let me hear you all say those 3 letters they tried to stop us from saying' and the crowd started chanting ECW but Bub...Brother Ray and D'v...Devon didn't because it is a copyrighted name. Whats with this?

They can say those names as long as they aren't presenting the show as an official ECW/WWE product. Or misleading the public into believing it's an ECW product.

Not really a "history" question, but you don't hear a lot about Scott Hall nowadays. Just wondering what he's up to, is he still poorly? Any chance of a wrestling comeback etc...?All info greately appreciated on the legend that is Scott Hall.

Two questions.

El Gran Luchadore even came to the ring with a "Mexican heavyweight title" belt, which was a WWE Women's Championship belt with Mexican colours on it.

Any pictures of the belt? I remember thinking it looked awesome.

June 15, 1998 - RAW:Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane went to a No Contest..

What was this match like and how long did it go for? Cheers.Edit:

August 24, 1998 - RAW:Mankind vs Kane went to a No Contest..

Any info on that? Edited by Josh D

This is a question I posted a few pages back. Apologies for posting it again, but I am anxious for an answer. If there are no answers this time, I'll give up. :D

Is there a website which lists extras for all (or the majority) of WWF/E DVD's. I'm particularly interested in extras for WWE DVD releases from 1999-early 2002. I didn't buy a DVD player until mid-2002, so was buying videos, but I want to get rid of them now, and replace them with DVD's.In particular, I'm interested to know what the extras are for the following releases:Wrestlemania XVSummerSlam '99Unforgiven '99The majority of 2000 and 2001 PPV'sWWF No Way Out 2002WWF Backlash 2002Best of Raw Vol. 1Best of Raw Vol. 2Also, does No Way Out 2005 have any extras? Believe it or not, but I checked Silver Vision and the extras are listed as TBA.  Thanks in advance, folks.EDIT - Do THQ have a contact address for feedback/ideas for the next SD VS Raw game?

Two questions.

El Gran Luchadore even came to the ring with a "Mexican heavyweight title" belt, which was a WWE Women's Championship belt with Mexican colours on it.

Any pictures of the belt? I remember thinking it looked awesome.
It was a Women's Title belt with a sticker over it.

• Paid Members

This is a question I posted a few pages back. Apologies for posting it again, but I am anxious for an answer. If there are no answers this time, I'll give up. :D

Is there a website which lists extras for all (or the majority) of WWF/E DVD's. I'm particularly interested in extras for WWE DVD releases from 1999-early 2002. I didn't buy a DVD player until mid-2002, so was buying videos, but I want to get rid of them now, and replace them with DVD's.In particular, I'm interested to know what the extras are for the following releases:Wrestlemania XVSummerSlam '99Unforgiven '99The majority of 2000 and 2001 PPV'sWWF No Way Out 2002WWF Backlash 2002Best of Raw Vol. 1Best of Raw Vol. 2Also, does No Way Out 2005 have any extras? Believe it or not, but I checked Silver Vision and the extras are listed as TBA.

I was just trying to recall the time when I first got interested in wrestling , as I watched it for a while then lost interest for what seems like a decade ,before getting back into it in summer 2004 . My earliest memory of watching wrestling was a match involving Hulk Hogan , where he reversed a figure 4 leglock i think , and at the time this seemed like a HUGE deal , maybe it was the 1st time it had been seen ? I also recall Steve Austin was still a part of a tag team and had blonde hair , anyone got any ideas what year this was likely to have been. Putting" Hulk Hogan reverses figure 4 leglock " into google just brings up lots of websiteswhich contain those words but not what I'm looking for :confused:

Does anyone know the details of Raven's 'Seven' storyline that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread?

From what I remember after watching his Shoot:According to him, Vince loved the idea, so much that he wanted to put him on the writing team. Basically it went a little something like this:Take a babyface, Raven used Matt Hardy as the example, and basically it's a slow burning angle that takes at least two months to occur. The first few sins used are throwaway, not actually involving Hardy yet, just used to get Raven over. Say he uses Gluttony to force-feed an announcer backstage or something, just to get the story going.Anyways, Raven becomes friends with Lita (this is all waaaaaaaay before Edge/Lita/Matt/Soap opera 2005 of course), which pisses off Matt, who suspects foul play. Eventually Raven exposes Matt, revealing that he is cheating on Lita, and Raven gets off with the emotionally broken Lita, getting him over as a creepy heel. This is the Lust sin. But of course, Raven framed Matt, getting him over as a sympathetic babyface.Matt's sin is Wrath, as he wants revenge, which leads to a PPV match or two. In the end, Raven's sin is Envy, because he envied Matt and everything he had, which makes Raven out to be just pathetic. I can't remember exactly how it ends, but I'm pretty sure Matt goes over Raven. Raven then said they did a crappy watered-down version of it on Heat which lasted about three weeks. Raven made no bones about it being a total rip-off of the movie Se7en, he said that sometimes the best stories don't come from you, they come from somebody else.And I think he was right. Done right, that angle would have made stars of those involved.

was just trying to recall the time when I first got interested in wrestling , as I watched it for a while then lost interest for what seems like a decade ,before getting back into it in summer 2004 . My earliest memory of watching wrestling was a match involving Hulk Hogan , where he reversed a figure 4 leglock i think , and at the time this seemed like a HUGE deal , maybe it was the 1st time it had been seen ? I also recall Steve Austin was still a part of a tag team and had blonde hair , anyone got any ideas what year this was likely to have been. Putting" Hulk Hogan reverses figure 4 leglock " into google just brings up lots of websiteswhich contain those words but not what I'm looking for 

Sounds like WCW in about 1994/95 to me.

• Paid Members

Two questions.

June 15, 1998 - RAW:Steve Austin & Undertaker vs. Mankind & Kane went to a No Contest..

What was this match like and how long did it go for? Cheers.Edit:

August 24, 1998 - RAW:Mankind vs Kane went to a No Contest..

Any info on that?
With Austin and Taker vs Mankind and Kane, the match never actually begun. But still, it was some seriously entertaining television. The match occured as build-up to King of the Ring '98 featuring Mankind vs Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match (you may have heard about it) and Kane vs Austin for the WWF title in a First Blood match. Paul Bearer had planted the seeds for the forthcoming 'are Kane and Undertaker incahoots?' storyline which stretched over the summer by claiming Undertaker with him and wouldn't turn up to team with Austin. Mankind and Kane are in the ring, Austin arrives on the scene and waits as the Undertaker is announced to make his entrance, only no Undertaker. A confused and bemused Stone Cold looks towards the entranceway as Undertakers entrance is announced again. No Undertaker. Mankind runs out the cell to attack Austin only to be confronted by the door getting slammed in his face. Kane also comes out and a brawl insues between the three outside.As this goes on Paul Bearer locks himself inside the cell to keep out of harms way. Moments later as Austin and Mankind go at it, Undertaker appears, coming through the ring canvas, and is now locked in the Cell with no-one but Bearer. Taker proceeds to beat the crap out of Uncle Paul inside the cell, busting him open. Kane sees his Dad getting a serious ass-stomping and climbs the cell, desperatly, frantically trying to find a way in to save Paul. All the while Austin and Mankind are having a quality brawl on the outside. Austin basically beats the crap out of Mankind as Undertaker destroys Paul Bearer. Then Austin, to a HUUWOOWGE pop climsb the Cell, stomps across the cell ceiling and begins laying into Kane atop the cell as Raw goes off the air.The Kane-Mankind Cell match occurred the Raw prior to Summerslam '98. it's a decent yet forgotton Cell match. It's basically been revealed that Kane and Undertaker are incahoots. Kane and Mankind were in fact tag team champions at the time together. But Kane isn't interested in teaming with him anymore as Mankind was only being used anyway. Poor Mankind on the other hand just wants them to be friends. Kane annihilates Mankind in the Cell. Then Austin appears (i can't remember how, maybe from under the ring) stuns Kane and wants at Undertaker, but Taker is outside the Cell. Memories a little hazy on that one, the cell is raised at some point as Vince is shown with the control to raise/lower the cell. But that's vaguely how it goes down.The tag match is featured as an extra on 'Best of Raw volume 1' and both are available to download on filesharing programs such as Kazaa and Limewire.

Does anyone know the details of Raven's 'Seven' storyline that was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread?

Mr.Seven does a good description of the angle, although it has more parts to which he has posted, it's actually quite difficult to remember it all. I think the last 'sin' was Envy, but I'm sure there was a little twist at the end too. I remember thinking at the time ' that sounds great!'. It's definitely worth looking out.Also, Vince okayed the idea to originally start on Heat and move to Raw, but after it had began Vince was chatting to Raven, saying they are going to start that angle soon - pissing Raven off(Vince obviously doesn't watch Heat!)