The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

- Throughout 1999/2000, The Outsiders were immensely over and received great reactions, but were they supposed to be heels?

Nash was a tweener when he defeated Goldberg in late '98, and continued that for most of '99. In 2000 he was a face under Russo. Before The Wolfpac was formed, they were bonafide heels who happened to be really over and get mostly face reactions.
I'm pretty sure Nash was full face when he beat Goldberg, as the Wolfpac were faces. He turned full fledged heel 8 days later in the finger poke of door angle. He turned face around May '99 when defeating DDP for the belt, and turned heel again for his run against Hogan. He was heel when The Outsiders returned in Oct '99, and remained that way until the Russo/Bischoff era.

A couple of quick ECW questions,1. What was the event that Bill alfonso wrestled Beulah in a boodbath?2. How many ECW compilation DVD's were released, not counting personality DVD's. I can think of Extreme Evoloution, Path of Destruction, Deep Impact, Hardcore History and Extreme Warfare. Any more?

On a side note, she had a nice match against Stacy Keibler on this week's Velocity.Unfortunately, it ended a bit prematurely, but the action beforehand was good, by WWE women's standards.

I need to see this. I've heard it described that she wore a Vader-esque mask to "cover" the mole.
She did indeed..you can either see the match on sky sports, mondays before raw or tuesdays at 5 or you can watch it on wwe.com

• Paid Members

A couple of quick ECW questions,1. What was the event that Bill alfonso wrestled Beulah in a boodbath?2. How many ECW compilation DVD's were released, not counting personality DVD's. I can think of Extreme Evoloution, Path of Destruction, Deep Impact, Hardcore History and Extreme Warfare. Any more?

1) As Good As It Gets (September 97)2) There are two sets of ECW releases:DVDs released by Pioneer in the US (and also available worldwide):Events: Barely Legal, WrestlePalooza 97, Heatwave 98, CyberSlam 99, Anarchy Rulz 99, Guilty as Charged 2001Compilations: Extreme Evoloution, Path of Destruction, Deep Impact, Hardcore History, Best of Dudley Boyz, Best of Cactus JackDVDs released by Delta in the UK onlyThese include pretty much every commercial tape released by ECW and sold directly to fans (or via RF Video). They include dozens of ECW Arena shows, plus two ECW-made compilations, Extreme Warfare vols 1 & 2. They also released most, if not all, of the PPVs.Delta also made their own compilations: a few sets of Hardcore TV (basically a block of TV shows with the commercials and ring entrances cut out), plus a 'Hard Hits' for each annual PPV, for example a match from each year's Heatwave.I've also seen (and got) Heatwave 2000 from Australia. I'd imagine this is an offshoot of the Delta deal.

Why did The Road Warriors leave WCW in late 1996?

If I'm not mistaken, it was due to two reasons; payment and working in Japan. Eric Bischoff didn't pay The Road Warriors as he had promised, but he himself has no recollection of that. Bischoff didn't even allow the team to work in Japan, despite the strong ties with JP fed(s).I could be wrong, though... Edited by Van_Dammer

1) As Good As It Gets (September 97)2) There are two sets of ECW releases:DVDs released by Pioneer in the US (and also available worldwide):Events: Barely Legal, WrestlePalooza 97, Heatwave 98, CyberSlam 99, Anarchy Rulz 99, Guilty as Charged 2001Compilations: Extreme Evoloution, Path of Destruction, Deep Impact, Hardcore History, Best of Dudley Boyz, Best of Cactus JackDVDs released by Delta in the UK onlyThese include pretty much every commercial tape released by ECW and sold directly to fans (or via RF Video). They include dozens of ECW Arena shows, plus two ECW-made compilations, Extreme Warfare vols 1 & 2. They also released most, if not all, of the PPVs.Delta also made their own compilations: a few sets of Hardcore TV (basically a block of TV shows with the commercials and ring entrances cut out), plus a 'Hard Hits' for each annual PPV, for example a match from each year's Heatwave.I've also seen (and got) Heatwave 2000 from Australia. I'd imagine this is an offshoot of the Delta deal.
Nice one, cheers for that.I skimmed "As Good As It Gets" when I was trying to find this match, cos I knew I had it on DVD, but the match is listed as a tag match, which I didn't realise it was until today!I've got another question,In Mick Foley's match where he's talking about his firsm meeting with Sabu, apparently, the opening match to that card was something like a 20 man first blood steel cage match. What event was this, and was this ever released on DVD?

• Paid Members

Foley's first meeting with Sabu was a show called Hostile City Showdown 1994. It came out on official ECW home video, but I don't think it was one of the ones on DVD. There's no battle royale type of match on that show.The match you may be thinking of is a 20 man battle royale where the only way to be eliminated is by bleeding. It's the opener to a Tri State (forerunner to ECW) show from 1991 called Autumn Armageddon on which Cactus & Luna Vachon face Eddie Gilbert and Madusa. Cactus may have mentioned it as an example of how the Tri State cards were overloaded with violence to the point that nothing had any effect.The show was released on video, though its only available through tape traders.

TNA Impact is on TWC right now and I was just wondering if this show was the first TNA show to be aired on Spike TV? Thanks brahs.I'm seeing Daniels vs Styles right now.

The card for first Impact on Spike Tv was:AJ Styles vs Roderick StrongMonty Brown vs Lex LovettAles Shelley vs Petey Williams vs Chris SabinJeff Hardy vs Rhino