The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

As I ask every weekWhats the card (not results) for velocity and heat this week?

The Velocity cards/results have been a bit of a mess this week, various reporters saying different things. This card is from the report at WrestlingObserver and, if accurate, makes Velocity well worth a watch for me. Big Vito vs Steven Richards. Bob Holly vs Steve MadisonBrian Kendrick (Spanky) vs Paul London "The Bashman" Doug Basham vs Michael PatrickSuper Crazy w/Juvi and Psicosis vs GuidoCrazy vs Guido and London vs Spanky sound like good fun to me

What's the meaning of life?Seriously; was the Hart/Flair match from the early 90s ever televised? If Bret won his first title at a house show, did they just have him suddenly come out on TV with the title?

It wasn't televised (but was later released on video).Superstars opened that week with Gene Okerlund announcing that Bret had won the title and bringing him out for an interview. I remember being genuinely shocked when he said "Ladies and gentlemen, the NEW WWF Champion..." and Bret's music played. There were a few untelevised title changes back then (various tag title switches, Hart/Mountie for IC Title) so in context it wasn't as odd as it sounds now.

Guest indie_&_co

Brian Dixon's All-Star Wrestling promotion have various titles which i believe to be the orignial British wrestling titles and belts, but does anyone know all the current holders or know anywhere that have records of those histories to this present day?

when lod where in wwe 98/99 and hawk was 'in no condition to work' on camera was it all just to bring droz in or was this story a bit more close to the bone also was it nailz that tried to punch vince backstage in 92

when lod where in wwe 98/99 and hawk was 'in no condition to work' on camera was it all just to bring droz in or was this story a bit more close to the bone also was it nailz that tried to punch vince backstage in 92

Close to the bone - yes. Hawk really did have alchohol problems.Yes it was Nailz who tried to punch Vince - apparently it was due to his Summerslam '92 pay - 80,000 fans there, and Vince was offering him a few shiny pennies. The story goes that Bischoff was so happy someone tried to 'nail'(sorry!) Vince, that he hired him for WCW, he only made a few appearances(a fued with Sting)

• Paid Members

Superstars opened that week with Gene Okerlund announcing that Bret had won the title and bringing him out for an interview. I remember being genuinely shocked when he said "Ladies and gentlemen, the NEW WWF Champion..." and Bret's music played.

I nearly pooed my pants when Okerlund started talking because I thought he was about to say "The Ultimate Warrior". When Hart's music played I was in major shock.